Home Politics

Answered prayers with initials of anglers on the tail

MathGeekMathGeek Posts: 505 Officer
Redfish have spots on the tail. On a recent trip to Belle Pass, Amy and Joshua both boated big red drum with a spot on the tail in the shape of their first initials (a and J). If there is any doubt about God answering prayers regarding the catching of fish or God knowing our prayers long before we actually pray them, this experience has erased those doubts for us!

Video:
“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - The Messiah
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• FusionZ06FusionZ06 Posts: 1,022 Officer
    Honestly though, do you believe that God put you on these fish? How do you reconcile many who pray for food and water and yet not receive it? Is God not a respecter of persons? Some might read this and think I'm being ridiculous but it's a legitimate concern I have for people attributing things to God (in other words, speaking for God).
  • MathGeekMathGeek Posts: 505 Officer
    FusionZ06 wrote: »
    Honestly though, do you believe that God put you on these fish? How do you reconcile many who pray for food and water and yet not receive it? Is God not a respecter of persons? Some might read this and think I'm being ridiculous but it's a legitimate concern I have for people attributing things to God (in other words, speaking for God).

The Bible has answers for your questions. Since the word of God is more powerful than my word, I suggest you look for your answers there.

Jesus said, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! " (Matthew 7:7-11)
    “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - The Messiah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FusionZ06FusionZ06 Posts: 1,022 Officer
    MathGeek wrote: »
    The Bible has answers for your questions. Since the word of God is more powerful than my word, I suggest you look for your answers there.

Jesus said, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! " (Matthew 7:7-11)

I know these passages well. Matthew 7 is directed toward the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 10:5-6) under the covenant of the law (Matthew 5:17-19) and not the Gentiles (Matthew 6:32). The good things that are carnal are not to be the focus of prayer but rather treasure in heaven, spiritual things, (Matthew 6:19-20) as God already knows what Israel carnally needs before they even ask of him (Matthew 6:8). Many Christians pray for many things and God is certainly not capricious in nature in that He respects persons and neglects others. Basically, asking for carnal things is an example of spiritual immaturity (Colossians 3:1-4, Romans 8:6) and evidencing God through physical outward manifestations, signs if you would, is a clear lack of faith (II Corinthians 5:7) and a sign of a wicked and adulterous generation (Matthew 16:4, I Corinthians 1:22).

In sum, when you state that God answered your prayer and sent you fish to catch after asking him how do you reconcile this with those who have cancer praying for healing, or starving children needing food, or an abused spouse seeking rescue, etc?
  • haydenfox!#$haydenfox!#$ Posts: 2,406 Captain
    Please don't troll General Fishing...
  • snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,179 Officer
    God does answer prayers. To give glory to God for answered prayers and to share the experience with others is what God wants us to do. Thanks for sharing.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,829 AG
    I dig the Pasta god, personally. Who doesn't like spaghetti?!
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Which god did this?

My vote is on Dagon, the Fish God of the Philistines.
    dagon-1.jpg
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,417 Admiral
    Now, if you had caught an Amber-Jack, I would believe!
    23895.gif
    FusionZ06 wrote: »
    Basically, asking for carnal things is an example of spiritual immaturity (Colossians 3:1-4, Romans 8:6) and evidencing God through physical outward manifestations, signs if you would, is a clear lack of faith (II Corinthians 5:7) and a sign of a wicked and adulterous generation (Matthew 16:4, I Corinthians 1:22).

If asking for one's physical needs to be met is a sign of spiritual immaturity, why did Jesus teach his disciples to pray, "Give us today our daily bread"?

I wouldn't recommend getting to wrapped up in signs and whatnot, but God did see fit for miracles and signs to continue beyond the earthly ministry of the Messiah. Were the apostles acting with carnal immaturity when they prayed for miracles, healing, or provision?

Many times God wants us to have enough faith to pray, and when we receive what we prayed for, he wants us to have enough faith to thank him for answering the prayer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mburke001 aka TripleBmburke001 aka TripleB Posts: 1,548 Captain
    It appears that FusionZ06 is either an agnostic, atheist or someone who lost their belief or just looking for a debate. However, everyone has a right to believe in God, or not. Questioning someone on why God did something or not do something cannot be answered unless God (himself/herself Almighty etc) decides to answer that question. No more for me. Back to fishing and hopefully everyone has a happy, safe healthy and enjoyable fishing in the New Year.
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    God does answer prayers. To give glory to God for answered prayers and to share the experience with others is what God wants us to do. Thanks for sharing.

Yea, this woman prayed that others should die instead of her and God came to her rescue...

Texas Christian claims she diverted tornado to another neighborhood: ‘God had given us authority over the winds’

https://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/texas-christian-claims-she-diverted-tornado-to-another-neighborhood-god-had-given-us-authority-over-the-winds/
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    Yea, this woman prayed that others should die instead of her and God came to her rescue...

Texas Christian claims she diverted tornado to another neighborhood: ‘God had given us authority over the winds’

https://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/texas-christian-claims-she-diverted-tornado-to-another-neighborhood-god-had-given-us-authority-over-the-winds/

The other neighborhood probably had more gay folks....:blowkiss
  • stsimonsstsimons Posts: 7,292 Admiral
    If there is any doubt about God answering prayers regarding the catching of fish or God knowing our prayers long before we actually pray them, this experience has erased those doubts for us!

I would guess that god has bigger fish to fry (pun intended) than ensuring your fishing trip goes well… but hey if you want to attribute this to the intervention of an omnipotent invisible being then you have absolutely every right to do so.
  • BudaBuda Posts: 2,062 Captain
    You have not because you ask not.

If it is important enough for a child of God to pray about, my faith is that it is important to God for that reason. People try to coop God up into the box of human limitation.

God has no limitation period. He does not get overloaded or tired. He is not like a man. There is nothing too hard for God.

God maintains and fulfills a Perfect personal relationship with each of his Children.

If you are a Child of God, you do believe that. It is a part of the new birth with God's Spirit living within you.

Take your faith and do with it as you wish, as for me and my house we will believe God in every circumstance of life no matter what our senses might convey to the contrary.

Bud A
  • shadowwalkershadowwalker Posts: 2,200 Captain
    Cyclist wrote: »
    The other neighborhood probably had more gay folks....:blowkiss
    If it were liberal progressive gays, it would at lest mitigate the loss.
  • Psychosis can be conceptualized as the manifestation of aberrant perceptual and/or integrative processes. The prevalence of religion as a psychotic theme may be explained by its central cultural role, the implication of temporolimbic overactivity in the pathogenesis of some cases of psychosis, and the tendency to interpret intense or discrepant perceptual events as spiritual. In the clinical setting, the determination of religious delusions can be challenging at times. In addition to seeking advice on unfamiliar religions, a thorough assessment of the dimensions of religious beliefs and symptoms of neurocognitive dysfunction can be useful.

2007, Department of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences, Barwon Health, University of Melbourne, Geelong, Vic, Australia.

tl;dr:

The spots on the redfish are not letters nor were they put there by God to illustrate His existence. That would be crazy talk.

That I even need to say that to those who believe otherwise is even more crazy.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,957 Captain
    Carbonaro effect
  • Could be.

More likely a form of pareidolia.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    I am a great believer that God made us.......

And then he said...."Hey....I gave all you dumb bastards all you need to live a long life and that's all there is...."

"Fish Sign"?...and "A" and a "J" sparks the imagination that somehow....someway....a major league deity took time out of his 'busy day" to set a few people with a couple of fish.............but yet said...."up your giggy with a wa-wa brush" to some kid who is dying of brain cancer ?.....

Does that really make sense to anyone?
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,003 Admiral
    I caught a Croker once and as I was pulling the hook out..He spoke my name..3 times.:hairraiser
    He's in the freezer now till the 2nd coming. I check every day to see if he has Arisen but his one eye just sits there glazed over with Freezer burn lookin at me.:banghead
    Give me a Sign Croker..son of something , I await your bidding..:angel
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • DancinGeneDancinGene Posts: 1,760 Captain
    Schmidty wrote: »
    I am a great believer that God made us.......

And then he said...."Hey....I gave all you dumb bastards all you need to live a long life and that's all there is...."

"Fish Sign"?...and "A" and a "J" sparks the imagination that somehow....someway....a major league deity took time out of his 'busy day" to set a few people with a couple of fish.............but yet said...."up your giggy with a wa-wa brush" to some kid who is dying of brain cancer ?.....

Does that really make sense to anyone?

Yes, not to me, but it does to others.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,603 AG
    Redfish have spots on the tail. On a recent trip to Belle Pass, Amy and Joshua both boated big red drum with a spot on the tail in the shape of their first initials (a and J). If there is any doubt about God answering prayers regarding the catching of fish or God knowing our prayers long before we actually pray them, this experience has erased those doubts for us!

So you are saying God had to prove he was the reason they caught the fish.

He wanted them to know he put the fish on their hook. The all powerful being who created the universe, had to be sure they knew he was the reason behind it by putting their initials on the tail.

God, the almighty creator, is so vain he had to be sure they were aware he gave them the fish. He had to provide evidence of the feat.

Does that not seem to be the most gullible story you have ever heard? Well maybe the lady who thinks she diverted a tornado is a bbit more crazy, but I ain't sure.

God doesn't care if you catch a fish any more than he cares who makes a touchdown or which team wins the game.

what a bunch of .......

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,511 AG
    I caught a Croker once and as I was pulling the hook out..He spoke my name..3 times.:hairraiser
    He's in the freezer now till the 2nd coming. I check every day to see if he has Arisen but his one eye just sits there glazed over with Freezer burn lookin at me.:banghead
    Give me a Sign Croker..son of something , I await your bidding..:angel

Was fishing last Saturday in a tight oyster bar hole. I felt a bump and then my brother then starts fighting a fish. He is cussing me because my line is tangled in his and he is fighting the fish. I just reeled tight to minimize the CF, when he puts the fish in the boat he has lip hooked the fish. My lure was buried in it's craw. I laughed at him and yelled "first dibbs!". :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Psalm 1
    1 Blessed is the one
    who does not walk in step with the wicked
    or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers,
    2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and who meditates on his law day and night.
    3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
    which yields its fruit in season
    and whose leaf does not wither—
    whatever they do prospers.
    4 Not so the wicked!
    They are like chaff
    that the wind blows away.
    5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
    nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
    6 For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous,
    but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,603 AG

That is a C and an A. They caught my **** fish. God wanted me to have them, but the devil helped them catch them!!

SATAN!!!!

Or it could be V and A

But it is still funny that anyone thinks God did that.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• A fascinating an irrefutable argument!

Can you interpret God's hidden message in this one, for us please?

fatRedFish-789372.jpg

It seems to have the face of Jesus on the tail!

• SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    A fascinating an irrefutable argument!

Can you interpret God's hidden message in this one, for us please?

fatRedFish-789372.jpg

It seems to have the face of Jesus on the tail!

After reading the "Gnostic Papers" by John Panella....I feel...... that though highly unqualified.....I am more than ready to apply what I learned ...right here at Florida Sportsman....to not only read and interpret the "unmistakable Jesus code" on that fish......BUT ALSO.....the bumps on peoples heads ......as well as the zits on their **** ......:angel

After consulting with mystics from other religions...it is the general consensus that the "fish sign" reads out as follows......"Spiney, Buda and the other guy must convert to Catholicism and stop attempting to give people at FS brain cancer with their craziness and quit attempting to master tornadoes to kill those who laugh at them".....

...it also says something about not spelling "Colecchio" with only one "C" in the middle....:wink
  • tagtag Posts: 8,920 Admiral
    I wonder if the forum muslin apologists would exhibit the same indignation if the op had said Allah answered the prayers...
  • Allah means God in Arabic.

If there were Arabic speakers here it would make no difference in how silly it is.

• SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,347 Admiral
    Allah means God in Arabic.

If there were Arabic speakers here it would make no difference in how silly it is.

Unfortunately it doesn't mean the ONE TRUE GOD.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.