Home Politics

DEMS, 'whining' now about unfairness

Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,540 Admiral
Which is more ridiculous, a political party that holds a primary but does its level best to prevent any real challenge to the frontrunner, or a candidate in that primary who stays in the race when he finds himself drawing just one supporter – one! – to an event in a key early voting state?
Related Stories

Debate Takeaways: Candidates move on from data dust-up Associated Press
The Latest: Updates from the Democratic presidential debate Associated Press
Thump Trump: Democratic Hopefuls Attack ‘The Donald’ at Debate Bloomberg
US Democrats hit Trump, clash over jihadist fight in debate AFP
Here Are 5 Things You Missed If You Didn't Watch Saturday's Democratic Debate TheStreet.com
10 Cast Feuds That Almost Ruined Famous Films Answers Sponsored 

The Republican primary, dominated by the blustery Donald Trump, has attracted the most ridicule so far, for obvious reasons. In a Trumpless election cycle, though, the farcical Democratic primary, which the Democratic National Committee has transparently rigged to favor former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, would be a much bigger deal.

Related: Trump Gives Clinton a Boost as He Takes Aim at Gowdy on Benghazi

Former Maryland governor Martin O’Malley is arguably the most affected by the DNC’s decision to restrict the number of debates and to schedule the few that there are on dates that seem to guarantee that they will receive little attention. One took place during a nationally televised football game and another on a Saturday night on the weekend before Christmas.

On Tuesday, O’Malley took a moment to vent when he appeared on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, accusing the DNC of hiding debates “behind football games and Frosty the Snowman.”

The next debate is scheduled for January 17, the same day that two National Football League playoff games will take place.

“The party leaders -- or I should say the party leader -- Debbie Wassermann Schultz is doing a terrible disservice to the public,” O’Malley complained. He added, “I believe people understand that just as their economy is rigged, so too sometimes can be their politics.”

Related: Can Bernie Sanders Steal Supporters from Donald Trump?

O’Malley has continued his campaign, despite the fact that his limited opportunities to get in front of a national audience appear to have contributed to a sense that his campaign was doomed from the start.

On Monday night, an event in Iowa drew exactly one voter, and even he wouldn’t commit to voting or caucusing for the candidate.

“The very last event of the night, we actually had a whopping total of one person show up, but by God, he was glad to see me. So we spent the time with him,” O’Malley said on MSNBC.

To be fair, there was a snowstorm in Iowa Monday. But when both your polling average and your crowd sizes are in the single digits, it might be time to admit that you’ve lost the rigged game, and vow to return to fight another day.
I have a much bigger and more powerful button

Replies

• phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    Did you make all that up yourself or did you copy and paste it from another source?
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,549 AG
    I hear that if you want to go to a Hillary rally, you have to show your Drivers License or State ID, sign a loyalty pledge and agree to work for her campaign in whatever capacity a drone may be needed at the time?

Well ok, as long as you only have to show ID and allegiance at her rallies and not the polls, then it's ok, I guess.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,680 AG
    dave44 wrote: »
    I hear that if you want to go to a Hillary rally, you have to show your Drivers License or State ID, sign a loyalty pledge and agree to work for her campaign in whatever capacity a drone may be needed at the time?

Well ok, as long as you only have to show ID and allegiance at her rallies and not the polls, then it's ok, I guess.

Never voted in Virginia, have you?

You also never voted here in Florida. Both states require I.D.s to vote.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

cadman wrote: »

And you don't read well in either state? Did I say vote rallies? You try so hard, and fail so often.

Maybe you didn't realize your leaders hate ID cards to vote?
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,511 AG

Keep changing your story don't you? :wink

You know as well as I do you can vote from your mailbox with no ID (or idea) without leaving your doorstep.:rotflmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    navigator2 wrote: »
    Keep changing your story don't you? :wink

You know as well as I do you can vote from your mailbox with no ID (or idea) without leaving your doorstep.:rotflmao

An absentee vote is a provisional vote and is not counted until the voter is verified. 95% of elections are decided without counting absentee votes.

Why do you think it takes a week or more to count absentee ballots? It is verifying the voter.

Do you suggest we eliminate them so older people who can't get out can't vote?

He also said at the polls. If you go to the polling place to vote, you will need to show I.D. to vote or vote provisional. The provisional ballot has to be verified before it is counted.

Mini Mart Magnate

And you don't read well in either state? Did I say vote rallies? You try so hard, and fail so often.

Maybe you didn't realize your leaders hate ID cards to vote?

What vote rallies? To vote at the polls in either state, you must show a photo I.D.. If you do not have one you are given a provisional ballot, In Va. you have 3 days to provide photo I.D. for the provisional ballot to be counted. In Florida they use a verification process to match signatures, addresses, etc.. before counting the ballot.

My leaders do not hate I.D. cards to vote. That is why the Florida legislators require an I.D. to vote. The voting requirements are up to the states, not the fed.

Mini Mart Magnate

What vote rallies? To vote at the polls in either state, you must show a photo I.D.. If you do not have one you are given a provisional ballot, In Va. you have 3 days to provide photo I.D. for the provisional ballot to be counted. In Florida they use a verification process to match signatures, addresses, etc.. before counting the ballot.

My leaders do not hate I.D. cards to vote. That is why the Florida legislators require an I.D. to vote. The voting requirements are up to the states, not the fed.

You are grasping at straws again cad. " What vote rallies" . Are you trying to play the who's on first routine?

You seem to get confused pretty easily when you attack on some weird tangent. So while I was taking about Hills campaign rallies you decided to jump on voting. I guess because the only thing you were capable of reading was the word "poll".

I don't really have the time to split up every word in a sentence, use it out of context and play a weird game of scrabble this morning with you Cad. Find another playmate today.

I know this won't help you, because you must be capable of accepting a premise that you don't want to see. But, we can always hope, right?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/democrats-push-back-against-voter-id-laws/

I responded to your not at the polls comment. You said no ID was needed at the polls.

You made the comparison which was inaccurate.

Mini Mart Magnate

I responded to your not at the polls comment. You said no ID was needed at the polls.

Nope. To clarify just a little more, SHE claims they are racist and exclusive to demand them at the polls.
    Why bother? So boring.
    Nope. To clarify just a little more, SHE claims they are racist and exclusive to demand them at the polls.
    Why bother? So boring.

I don't care what she claims. They one one that is a bigger idiot than her is Trump. The sad part is, they are the front runners.

Mini Mart Magnate