mikev wrote: »
    Recursion at it's finest.

I'd call it latency issues. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    The OP

Two Boys In America
    Ethan Couch, a 16-year-old white child from an affluent family, kills four people while driving drunk, receives a sentence of probation that he promptly breaks and flees to Mexico.

Tamir Rice, a 12-year-old black child, is shot and killed by police while playing with a toy gun. No punishment for killers.

White American wonders why relations are bad.
    Don't be disingenuous. Prosecutors have little incentive to see a cop indicted.

Curious why you decided to post only 59 seconds of the over 4 minute video? You had choices from Youtube, shame on you !

There are only 2 people on this thread that are disingenuous . They are disgusting for trolling and spinning this accident with so much political and intellectual dishonesty.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,747 AG
    Vote for the other candidate

why dont you post up the comment section from that article ....... you cant without cherry picking it to spin your agenda
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    Don't be disingenuous. Prosecutors have little incentive to see a cop indicted.

Explain...please....with your liberal logic
    Cory Jones, killed by police in Palm Beach Gardens in October, the investigation continues.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/family-corey-jones-shot-killed-police-shooting-outraged-34666233
    fishdish wrote: »
    Sounds like a couple of folks here need to do a ride along with a local law enforcement agency. Make sure its not in an affluent town with a lot of drunks. You might get hit by a drunk driver and die. Go to a real s&!t hole part of town where Mr. Policeman has a chance of protecting you from "perceived" danger.

Sounds good fishdish......but that offer was put out to some of our local forum liberals not that long ago to include specifically jr. and was met with crickets..
    Westwall01 wrote: »
    Explain...please....with your liberal logic

It's not necessary to be liberal to understand the relationship between prosecutors and police officers. Prosecutors rely on LEOs to do their job creating a big disincentive for prosecutors to hold police accountable.
  • shadowwalkershadowwalker Posts: 2,200 Captain
    I see they have conditioned you on how to think.
    The progressives have long proven to me how to think when it comes to their actions and thought processes. The rest, you know the truth, its easy to put the pieces in place.
  • fishdishfishdish Posts: 1,223 Officer
    It's not necessary to be liberal to understand the relationship between prosecutors and police officers. Prosecutors rely on LEOs to do their job creating a big disincentive for prosecutors to hold police accountable.

I am going to have to agree with you on this one. Both prosecutors and defense attorneys are lawyers and depend on LEO's to do their dirty work. Aren't the president and leading Democratic candidates former attorneys?

Explain to me and everyone else here with your vast knowledge of law enforcement and prosecutors (and the interpersonal relationships between these agencies) how or why this is jr. Facts only please....not your lame agenda driven opinion
    I am going to have to agree with you on this one. Both prosecutors and defense attorneys are lawyers and depend on LEO's to do their dirty work. Aren't the president and leading Democratic candidates former attorneys?

I believe Obama was a civil rights attorney. I don't know about Hillary.
    Attorney is an attorney just like cops are cops and prosecutors are prosecutors. All the same. White folks are white folks and same with black folks. Life is so much easier when you can lump everything into either or.
    Explain to me and everyone else here with your vast knowledge of law enforcement and prosecutors (and the interpersonal relationships between these agencies) how or why this is jr. Facts only please....not your lame agenda driven opinion

What vast knowledge has amazed you? Have I claimed to have anything other than a citizen's knowledge of the criminal justice system?
    Attorney is an attorney just like cops are cops and prosecutors are prosecutors. All the same. White folks are white folks and same with black folks. Life is so much easier when you can lump everything into either or.

If it makes you feel ok, I'm fine with that.
    If it makes you feel ok, I'm fine with that.

I'm not the hypocritical one. You're OP was divisive and I am assuming like you do. If you can make assumptions and use them to judge situations or people then there you go.....

We all know there are inequalities in life/society but I'll take the skeptical versus cynical approach and tell myself your intentions are well meant......
    What vast knowledge has amazed you? Have I claimed to have anything other than a citizen's knowledge of the criminal justice system?

and there you go!!!!!!!!!! All your drivel is based off of "citizens knowledge" with an extremely large dose of left wing nut job non fact non intelligence driven agenda
    I'm not the hypocritical one. You're OP was divisive and I am assuming like you do. If you can make assumptions and use them to judge situations or people then there you go.....

We all know there are inequalities in life/society but I'll take the skeptical versus cynical approach and tell myself your intentions are well meant......

Fair enough, thanks for the reply.
    and there you go!!!!!!!!!! All your drivel is based off of "citizens knowledge" with an extremely large dose of left wing nut job non fact non intelligence driven agenda

I have stated my opinion as I have it based on the news accounts of the of the topic. You can disagree with my opinion, but at least, explain why.
    I have stated my opinion as I have it based on the news accounts of the of the topic. You can disagree with my opinion, but at least, explain why.

Which news accounts jr.? MSNBC and other liberal driven outlets that put their own spin on stories to suit their own agendas?
    Which news accounts jr.? MSNBC and other liberal driven outlets that put their own spin on stories to suit their own agendas?

Read for yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Tamir_Rice

So what's your take here? Anything "unusual" or "debatable" stick out?
    Wikipedia???????????!!!!! come on?????!!!!You get your info from a source that is so known for being inaccurate that both colleges I attended banned its use in any research........
  • Reel Mayhem TooReel Mayhem Too Posts: 1,332 Officer
    These liberals are gonna be in a hell of a lot of trouble when they have to call the police to protect them from the right wing terrorist ghosts that they have been running from. LOL
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,511 AG
    Wikipedia???????????!!!!! come on?????!!!!You get your info from a source that is so known for being inaccurate that both colleges I attended banned its use in any research........

:grin

You'll have to forgive Mr. He predates Wiki 40 years just like I do. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    The black kid played the stupid game and won a top shelf stupid prize.

If you are looking to assign blame skip the cops who did what they had to do (what most any of us would have done if someone pointed what looks like a real firearm at us) and instead look toward the **** parents who let their 12 year old kid go unchecked and without instilling any common sense into his now dead skull.

The people I have pity for are the cops who now have to live with what they had to do and with the threat of retribution for simply doing what had to be done.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
    navigator2 wrote: »

You'll have to forgive Mr. He predates Wiki 40 years just like I do. :grin

Mister I think this is apropos, current, and a topical depiction of your position on this thread

[video=youtube_share;2CLwxObfaNE]
    Officers in Tamir Rice Shooting to Face a New Administrative Review

The two Cleveland police officers involved in the fatal shooting of 12-year-old Tamir Rice will face a new administrative review after an Ohio state grand jury decided not to press charges against them, Mayor Frank Jackson said Tuesday.

A City Council member, meanwhile, said Tuesday night that he would seek negligent homicide charges under city law.

Jackson said at a news conference Tuesday that regardless of what the grand jury in Cuyahoga County believed about Tamir's death on Nov. 22, 2014, "it should not have happened."

County Prosecutor Timothy McGinty said Monday that it was "reasonable" for rookie cop Timothy Loehmann, who fired the fatal shots, to believe that they he was in danger when Tamir reached for what turned out to be a pellet gun.

"He had reason to fear for his life," McGinty said.

Loehmann and his partner, Frank Garmback, remain on restricted duty — "basically in an office doing paperwork" — pending the new review, Jackson said.

"I do not have a comment on what the grand jury did," he said. "Now, it's in our world, and we are going to do what we believe is the right thing."

Police Chief Calvin Williams said the administrative committee, which includes civilians, will start from scratch, beginning with the initial calls to 911.

"We are going to take a lot at that from start to finish," Williams said Tuesday. "Once we look at all the evidence, the facts are going to be what they are, and we'll go from there."

Late Tuesday, City Council member Jeffrey Johnson announced that he would ask the council to seek local charges of negligent homicide on Wednesday.

Johnson said on Twitter that misdemeanor negligent homicide "unfortunately" was the most serious charge that could be sought under city law. Conviction would carry a term of only six months in jail, but Johnson said the process would allow for another full review of the shooting.

"The officers owed a duty to the innocent #TamirRice which means they should have refrained from acting in a harmful way that caused death," he said.

The mayor and the police chief said the city was ready for protests, saying they welcomed them as a part of the healing process.

"People are upset, and legitimately and rightfully so," Jackson said.

Tamir's mother, Samaria Rice, released a statement Monday accusing McGinty of "deliberately" sabotaging the case.

Her attorneys and McGinty have sparred in the weeks leading up to the grand jury's decision, with Samaria Rice claiming that McGinty was leaking information from the investigation to the public and had unfairly used investigators who sided only with the officers.

"As the video shows, Officer Loehmann shot my son in less than a second," Samaria Rice said. "All I wanted was someone to be held accountable. But this entire process was a charade. I pray and hope that the federal government will investigate this case."

In addition to reviewing the conduct of the two officers, the Cleveland Police Department's Critical Incident Review Committee will also determine whether the 911 call taker and dispatcher should face disciplinary charges.

The dispatcher, who was criticized for how she handled the initial call, resigned in July after missing work for several months, according to reports. Investigators said she failed to tell the officers that the caller who reported that Tamir waving a gun said that he might be a juvenile and that the firearm he was holding was "probably fake."

Williams could not say how long the review would take.

Jackson, meanwhile, acknowledged that people are frustrated with the perceived "lack of fairness" in how cases are handled, and he promised a just administrative review.

"There is a legitimate concern," he said, "and we don't want to be a part of that."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/officers-tamir-rice-shooting-face-new-administrative-review-n487531
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,488 AG
    What was the purpose of repeating a paragraph 3×'s?

And a hash tag on a supposedly non biased article??

You're too much... LOL

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
    Mango Man wrote: »
    What was the purpose of repeating a paragraph 3×'s?

And a hash tag on a supposedly non biased article??

You're too much... LOL

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I'm sitting on the sofa trying to cut and paste. Thanks for your critique of my cut and paste ability, and lack of comment on the real issue. Oh and....LOL