Home Politics

Two Boys In America

Replies

• CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Westwall01 wrote: »
    please respond with facts like you were asked....not your opinion....still waiting

You will wait until you know what a fact is.......
  • stsimonsstsimons Posts: 7,292 Admiral
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    The crap is a 12-year-old child playing with a toy gun being killed by two police officers. It's also a the kid of a white, affluent, family killing four people while drunk and not being punished.

Black kid pulled a toy gun on a cop - he's obviously not a rocket scientist - he got dead. Darwin Award Winner!

The white kid should have gone to jail - but what you fail to realize is that he was exploiting the exact same defense scenario that is employed by african american defendants - claiming that their environment caused them to commit the crime.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,752 AG
    stsimons wrote: »
    Black kid pulled a toy gun on a cop - he's obviously not a rocket scientist - he got dead. Darwin Award Winner!

The white kid should have gone to jail - but what you fail to realize is that he was exploiting the exact same defense scenario that is employed by african american defendants - claiming that their environment caused them to commit the crime.

You are drowning in your BS. Professionally trained LEOs should not, under any circumstance, intentionally shoot an unarmed 12-year-old. I'm amazed that you don't understand.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    You are drowning in your BS. Professionally trained LEOs should not, under any circumstance, intentionally shoot an unarmed 12-year-old.

They shouldn't and they didn't. I'll ask again, at what point was the boy unarmed?
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
    You are drowning in your BS. Professionally trained LEOs should not, under any circumstance, intentionally shoot an unarmed 12-year-old. I'm amazed that you don't understand.

to echo someone else'e question - at what point was he unarmed?

One of these guns is not real. Can you spot the difference?

7262430-20777710-thumbnail.jpg?token=tOgj7EsP%2Fl2R%2Brg8wuskFRlfU4c%3D
    He was never armed, but even if he was, he was 12 years fricking years old. Is the only training offered to an LEO to kill a kid if he thinks the kid has a gun? Well, maybe if the child is black....

I wonder how often this has to happen before you realize there is a problem.
    He was never armed, but even if he was, he was 12 years fricking years old. Is the only training offered to an LEO to kill a kid if he thinks the kid has a gun? Well, maybe if the child is black....

I wonder how often this has to happen before you realize there is a problem.

I wonder if you realize that it's people that think the way you do (sometimes) that are the problem? The kid was always armed. Kids are not the 12 year olds that you think they are any longer.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    Cyclist wrote: »
    You will wait until you know what a fact is.......

Just like I thought....you can't give any facts and like a true left wing nut job you are avoiding answering the question. ...maybe your spandex outfit and plastic helmet are too tight
    mikev wrote: »
    I wonder if you realize that it's people that think the way you do (sometimes) that are the problem? The kid was always armed. Kids are not the 12 year olds that you think they are any longer.

Jr. has not concept of reality
    Jr. has not concept of reality

My reality does not involve jumping from a police car and shooting a kid. Perhaps these officers are not qualified to do the job and should be replaced.
    My reality does not involve jumping from a police car and shooting a kid. Perhaps these officers are not qualified to do the job and should be replaced.

Perhaps that you might need to understand that they have to live with knowing that they killed a young boy in the line of duty. Apparently you think they are monsters. Hindsight is always 20/20, isn't it?
    funny that a Grand Jury doesn't see it that way...right??? Somehow your sense of reality seems be more like a bugs bunny cartoon
    After the boy's killing, it was learned that Loehmann had washed out from the police force in suburban Independence. Loehmann had a "dismal" handgun performance, broke down in tears at the gun range and was emotionally immature, according to documents. He quit that department before he could be fired.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-tamir-rice-police-shooting-20151228-story.html
    After the boy's killing, it was learned that Loehmann had washed out from the police force in suburban Independence. Loehmann had a "dismal" handgun performance, broke down in tears at the gun range and was emotionally immature, according to documents. He quit that department before he could be fired.

I suppose if you're a good human being and during the course of your job you justifiably kill a child, these things will happen. You or I can't imagine the burden.
    Perhaps that you might need to understand that they have to live with knowing that they killed a young boy in the line of duty. Apparently you think they are monsters. Hindsight is always 20/20, isn't it?

You're putting words in my mouth.

Didn't mean to. Just wanted folks to see a different viewpoint is all. And Pete put it in cement. The guy couldn't handle it. Lot's of sadness all the way around on this one. There are no winners.

You seem to refuse to accept that the kid was responsible for his own actions.

He probably didn't know what even happened.....

Wow, how is a 12-year-old playing with a toy, responsible for LEO negligence that resulted in his death? Was the kid committing a crime?
    Wow, how is a 12-year-old playing with a toy, responsible for LEO negligence that resulted in his death? Was the kid committing a crime?

There you go again. Misstatements.
    There you go again. Misstatements.

Did they make any effort to evaluate the situation? Or did they pull up, see a kid with a toy gun and starting firing?
    Did they make any effort to evaluate the situation? Or did they pull up, see a kid with a toy gun and starting firing?

They didn't see a toy gun. The boy was armed.
    They didn't see a toy gun. The boy was armed.

Stop trying to talk common sense into someone who has none and is incapable seeing reality
    I want to know how they yelled for the kid to drop the toy gun and then riddled him with bullets in less than 2 seconds. The cops are lying.
    Stop trying to talk common sense into someone who has none and is incapable seeing reality

Yeah, don't try just shoot. Two seconds from the time they stop until one officer shoots the kid. One....two.
    I want to know how they yelled for the kid to drop the toy gun and then riddled him with bullets in less than 2 seconds. The cops are lying.

What are they lying about? Should they have told him 12 times and waited 16 seconds? How long do you think it would take a criminal to shoot at the police, regardless if they were told to put down the weapon or not?
    What are they lying about? Should they have told him 12 times and waited 16 seconds? How long do you think it would take a criminal to shoot at the police, regardless if they were told to put down the weapon or not?

Why do keep calling him a criminal?
    Why do keep calling him a criminal?

I didn't.

Anyone who has even a hint of common sense understands exactly what you are saying. Unfortunately we are dealing with a couple of cop hating libs who can't see reality.