Home Politics

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps

phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
These maps take a minute to load.

This is what I mean by the chaos created by states rights. This country is too large by population and too small by technology and transportation for states rights to mean anything anymore. All they do is create chaos.

How are we supposed to travel around this great country AND exercise our (FEDERAL) 2nd Amendment rights to protect ourselves when individual states don't honor concealed weapons permits from other states?

Protections and rights granted by the 2nd Amendment must be nationally recognized and federally controlled.

Licensing and carry permitting must be handled by the federal government.

Otherwise, we have chaos.
Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps

The permit maps below will show you which states you can carry concealed in as well as which state’s permits are honored in a particular state. If you have a concealed carry permit and want to know which state you can carry in use the default map “States That Honor My Permit(s). If you want to know which state’s permits are honored in a particular state, click on the “Permits Honored By State” tab. If you need help with these maps or what reciprocity means, click here to view our detailed explanation below.

The changes to Virginia’s reciprocity will be updated on Feb 1st, 2016 when they go into effect.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html#concealed-carry-reciprocity

Replies

• NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,389 AG
    phlatsphil wrote: »

Otherwise, we have chaos.

No, Thank You.

Drivers Licenses are handled at the State level, and we don't seem to have "chaos".....and driving isn't even a Constitutional right.
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    Serious question Phil. Are most of the states that don't honor it primarily governed by Democrats?
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    No, Thank You.

Drivers Licenses are handled at the State level, and we don't seem to have "chaos".....and driving isn't even a Constitutional right.

The constitution doesn't guarantee your right to drive, and all states currently honor all other's driver's licenses. If they didn't, we would have chaos.

Dude, can't you come up with a better example than driver's licenses?
    mikev wrote: »
    Serious question Phil. Are most of the states that don't honor it primarily governed by Democrats?

Play around with the maps, click on a few states. See for yourself. Click on those republican states.
    The constitution doesn't guarantee your right to drive, and all states currently honor all other's driver's licenses. If they didn't, we would have chaos.

Dude, can't you come up with a better example than driver's licenses?

Driving isn't a right.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
    Driving isn't a right.

yea, tell salt water lover, not me.
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG

why should rights be licensed or permitted? Why would you object to identification requirements for voting but not object to it for other rights? Why should there be obstacles to rights?
    yea, tell salt water lover, not me.

Well the point is that all states provide 100% reciprocity in regards to a privilege, but not a right. That doesn't seem right (no pun intended) to a lot of folks, especially Republicans.
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,389 AG
    Well the point is that all states provide 100% reciprocity in regards to a privilege, but not a right. That doesn't seem right (no pun intended) to a lot of folks, especially Republicans.

Thank You for explaining it to Phil, s l o w l y.

I lose interest, and don't even reply to him anymore when he can't even grasp simple concepts.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,549 AG
    Looks like phlat has the attack plans of the left against the second amendment. He has been letting these little talking points roll out pretty quickly.

You can see the arguments of the totalitarians growing. Maybe they feel the electorate is finally dumbed down enough for their takeover?
    why should rights be licensed or permitted? Why would you object to identification requirements for voting but not object to it for other rights? Why should there be obstacles to rights?

Why should rights be licensed or permitted? You're right of course, they shouldn't. I suppose one has the right to vote and carry a weapon at birth, so based on your logic, infants should be allowed to vote and carry weapons. Unless we feel like common sense should play a role. What do you think there, battery, should we apply a little common sense to the "rights" granted by the constitution?

Thank You for explaining it to Phil, s l o w l y.

I lose interest, and don't even reply to him anymore when he can't even grasp simple concepts.
    dave44 wrote: »
    Looks like phlat has the attack plans of the left against the second amendment. He has been letting these little talking points roll out pretty quickly.

You can see the arguments of the totalitarians growing. Maybe they feel the electorate is finally dumbed down enough for their takeover?

You two guys continually demonstrate an inability to understand my rhetoric, so it's best you don't reply.

Here, I'll yell it out for you in bold....

I have a FL CWP and never leave home without "it". Capish?

I'm retiring soon and want to travel these great United States of America, Capish?

I am opposed to states creating chaos pertaining to our FEDERAL 2nd Amendment rights with their own licensing and not honoring of other state's concealed weapons permits. Capish?

Now crawl back into that hole of ignorance you two live in and ****.

Thanks. :)