Home Politics

If you Own a Double Barrel Shotgun...

Replies

• mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    Why do you think Remington pulled out of NY after forever?

We are Americans, nothing will change because they can't change everything.

We are agreeing on this.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    dave44 wrote: »
    Exactly. Another attempted end run around the 2nd Amendment. They are constantly probing for weaknesses. And they have an army of propagandists trying to run interference.
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    Please show us the passage in the 2nd amendment that addresses the number of bullets you have a right to own.
    Please show me the passage that restricts the number of bullets that can be owned.

If it is not illegal, then it is legal, that is how it works, not the other way around.

Case in point, it is not illegal to flush twice, so therefore it is legal to flush twice. It is not illegal to posses a boat, therefore it is legal to posses a boat, and on and on...

I was addressing a specific reply from Dave about an end run around the 2nd Amendment.

You're right, 2A doesn't say anything about the number of bullets you can or cannot own. It also doesn't say anything about children bearing arms either. So, in the absence of these caveats, we make our own. We debate them, we vote on them (sometimes), and we use the democratic process to decide what best fits our current lifestyles. These caveats might dance around the edges of the 2A but thus far none have "infringed" on your right to bear arms.
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    And yet a system that led to a 75% drop in the homicide rate of NYC has been stopped by these same liberal pols.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,014 AG
    I was addressing a specific reply from Dave about an end run around the 2nd Amendment.

You're right, 2A doesn't say anything about the number of bullets you can or cannot own. It also doesn't say anything about children bearing arms either. So, in the absence of these caveats, we make our own. We debate them, we vote on them (sometimes), and we use the democratic process to decide what best fits our current lifestyles. These caveats might dance around the edges of the 2A but thus far none have "infringed" on your right to bear arms.

In my state there is no law that states that children cannot own most firearms, nor ammo for them, nor that they cannot carry them. They are restricted from possession of pistols, sawed off weapons or fully automatic, that's it. Under 14 must be with a responsible adult.

As far as dancing around, if I were to "dance around" you with a loaded AR-15, would you feel threatened?
    They are as you stated, "dancing around the 2A" and it makes me feel threatened. Kind of like a pack of wolves "dancing around" a deer, they will eventually move in and start to bite, then to maim, then kill, much like the anti gun people.

As you said, we decide what fits our current lifestyles.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    Am within earshot of 2 Rod & Gun Clubs at the home in NY, 3 under certain weather conditions. The noisiest is near the top of a hill right in that village. The fusillade begins earlier than many would like virtually every weekend. Have always wondered why they allow it?

Limiting Double Barrel Shotgun skeet/clay shooters to 4 shells every 90 days would take a bite out of that activity.

Neighboring MA had huge signs proclaiming Mandatory 1 Year Sentence For Gun Possession on every highway entering the state. Had read that nobody ever received that sentence.

Could not find any .22 ammo to buy in NY big box stores. Had to resort to the prolific gun dealer underground, who horde & dramatically mark up ammo prices.
  • Plan SeaPlan Sea Posts: 5,453 Officer
    Why do you think Remington pulled out of NY after forever?

].

Oh Dear,

Report: Remington Arms bringing jobs back to Upstate New York
    http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2015/04/report_remington_arms_bringing_jobs_back_to_upstate_new_york_1.html

Also that $66 million in incentives from Al probably had nothing to do with it for sure.
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    Why not just propose a ban on killing people? Wait....that already exists. And people don't abide by it. But this....this is the kind of legislation that will turn that around right? I mean they will stop killing people if allowed to only purchase so much ammunition correct? Lawmakers know that it only takes one round to kill someone right? They also know that crossing state lines and purchasing ammunition, or having your neighbor purchase it for you *cough SB*
    and your point is??????

I realize you hail from the great state of Mississippi, so I try to keep that in mind when replying to you, by using simple words.

Perhaps you missed this part of the OP, in BOLD RED! Nothing disingenuous about it....now I demand an apology.

"New York lawmakers seek statewide limits on ammo purchases"
    once again you demonstrate your lack of reading comprehension....
    and why should I apologize for your lack of proper schooling???

carrion.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • roto7777roto7777 Posts: 2,545 Captain
    question.........

How is this going to prevent a man shooting his wife, or a kid finding the gun and shooting someone? I far as I know, neither reloads. They shoot what is chartered, or what is in the revolver.

It won't do anything to help those accidents.

If someone is crazy enough to go on a spree, they will get the ammo somewhere else a couple days before the plot, and it won't matter.

Useless law....I guess trap/skeet would be done with. I don't remember ever hearing of a trap/skeet guy going postal...........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,281 AG
    roto7777 wrote: »
    question.........

How is this going to prevent a man shooting his wife, or a kid finding the gun and shooting someone? I far as I know, neither reloads. They shoot what is chartered, or what is in the revolver.

It won't do anything to help those accidents.

If someone is crazy enough to go on a spree, they will get the ammo somewhere else a couple days before the plot, and it won't matter.

Useless law....I guess trap/skeet would be done with. I don't remember ever hearing of a trap/skeet guy going postal...........

They don't even know what they hope to accomplish with this nonsense.
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    roto7777 wrote: »
    Useless law....

It's not a law... it's 3 legislators proposing something that has a snowball's chance in hell of passing.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,545 AG
    They don't even know what they hope to accomplish with this nonsense.

Oh, I think they know. You can see the resident left trying desperately to make the premise palatable to anyone that will listen.
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,389 AG
    It's not a law... it's 3 legislators proposing something that has a snowball's chance in hell of passing.

That's irrelevant......This case demonstrates the Gun Grabbers goal of INCREMENTALISM at it's finest.

The highly restrictive SAFE act was supposed to be the great solution for NY.

As we now see, it's NEVER restrictive enough for the gun grabbers.......you accept one thing, and then someone else tries to tack on another Draconian restriction.

It's NEVER enough is enough for the Gun Grabbers.
    Can't be both. "That's irrelevant" Black & White nonsense.
    INCREMENTALISM at it's finest.
    another Draconian restriction.

NY is absolutely bristling with guns. For Gun Nutz too many guns is "NEVER enough".

Please show where your imaginary "Gun Grabbers" ever grabbed any guns in NY. IF there's a "goal of INCREMENTALISM" - It remains just that, merely a "goal".
    How many is enough for you Fibber?
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
    We understand if Gun Nutz can't even show a single case where NY "Gun Grabbers" have actually grabbed guns in a "Draconian" manner - NACl's argument is toast.
    mikev wrote: »
    How many is enough for you Fibber?

Start posting links to reliable stories about "Gun Grabbers" actually grabbing guns in NY.

Will be pleased as punch to tell you when you've posted "enough" to support the claim.

Regulating intrastate commerce of ammunition sales is not "gun grabbing" straw man much?
    We understand if Gun Nutz can't even show a single case where NY "Gun Grabbers" have actually grabbed guns in a "Draconian" manner - NACl's argument is toast.

Start posting links to reliable stories about "Gun Grabbers" actually grabbing guns in NY.

Will be pleased as punch to tell you when you've posted "enough" to support the claim.

When you are asked "How many", the typical response is a number value.
  • roto7777roto7777 Posts: 2,545 Captain

I know that, that is why I stated it this way.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    That's irrelevant......This case demonstrates the Gun Grabbers goal of INCREMENTALISM at it's finest.

The highly restrictive SAFE act was supposed to be the great solution for NY.

As we now see, it's NEVER restrictive enough for the gun grabbers.......you accept one thing, and then someone else tries to tack on another Draconian restriction.

so that's how you're attempting to spin your OP for a threat to gun owners as a nascent policy???
    gmafb, dude.... :Spittingcoffee

carrion.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

#12976, joined 8-17-2002

So are you saying it's not possible to take guns because of the second amendment, or just because You say so?

http://www.old-yankee.com/rkba/racial_laws.html
    So are you saying it's not possible to take guns because of the second amendment, or just because You say so?

http://www.old-yankee.com/rkba/racial_laws.html
    re-read his post...slowly...then think about how silly your post is.....

that is all....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

#12976, joined 8-17-2002
    Sad how the mindless lefties can no longer think for themselves, and resort to attacking the messenger, instead of the issue.

They have done an excellent job of dividing us.

We're screwed.
    re-read his post...slowly...then think about how silly your post is.....

that is all....

One of our posts is silly. You didn't read my link. And the 2 of you choose to ignore history with silly innuendo. Research your own references to how many times weapons in America were seized. I guess you could throw in a " draconian" into google if you wanted.
    One of our posts is silly. You didn't read my link. And the 2 of you choose to ignore history with silly innuendo. Research your own references to how many times weapons in America were seized. I guess you could throw in a " draconian" into google if you wanted.

No point attempting a logical discussion with Mac....he just comes here to hurl personal attacks at anyone he chooses.

He's got to vent his frustrations somewhere.
    Sad how the mindless lefties can no longer think for themselves, and resort to attacking the messenger, instead of the issue.

They have done an excellent job of dividing us.

We're screwed.

The issue is regulated intrastate commerce, oh the horrors.

When you post the gun grabbing parts?
    No point attempting a logical discussion with Mac....he just comes here to hurl personal attacks at anyone he chooses.

He's got to vent his frustrations somewhere.

Oh, well that makes sense then.
    Carrion
    Plan Sea wrote: »
    The issue is regulated intrastate commerce, oh the horrors.

When you post the gun grabbing parts?

Seriously has this site turned into the Twilight Zone of reading incomprehension?

I thought the issue is that they want to limit NY State citizens to basically a few rounds every 90 days? Am I missing something? Serious ****??
    Seriously has this site turned into the Twilight Zone of reading incomprehension?

I thought the issue is that they want to limit NY State citizens to basically a few rounds every 90 days? Am I missing something? Serious ****??

The gun grabbers are hard at work destroying rights......The New York SAFE act has been touted by the gun grabbers as the model they want emulated across the US.

It said nothing about POSSESION just regulated commerce. Where is the "GUN GRABBING" part of your failed troll? Can you post a schedule when you plan on getting to that part?

NEWSFLASH even if this law was passed you can still POSSES as many rounds as you want. The issue is where you CAN purchase them!
    It said nothing about POSSESION just regulated commerce. Where is the "GUN GRABBING" part of your failed troll? Can you post a schedule when you plan on getting to that part?

NEWSFLASH even if this law was passed you can still POSSES as many rounds as you want. The issue is where you CAN purchase them!

This is amazingly dense. No wonder the libs are controlled so thoroughly.

:idiot

Well, it's obvious you have no clue as to what's in the bill....ergo, attempting to continue this discussion is pointless.