Home Politics

If you Own a Double Barrel Shotgun...

NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,389 AG
You'll be allowed to purchase only 4 shotgun shells every 90 days in New York State........yes, you read that right, 4 shells every 90 days.

The gun grabbers are hard at work destroying rights......The New York SAFE act has been touted by the gun grabbers as the model they want emulated across the US.

Welcome to the New America........we used to be the land of the free.

New York lawmakers seek statewide limits on ammo purchases

Democrats in the New York Assembly and Senate joined with Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams to unveil a push severely limiting ammunition purchases in the interests of safety.

The proposal, endorsed by Adams, is the brainchild of state Sen. Roxanne Persaud and Assemblymember Jo Anne Simon, both Democrats who represent the borough in Albany. The measure would limit bullet purchases to twice the registered gun’s capacity once every 90 days – even if that meant buying less than one box of ammunition at a time, as reported by the Brooklyn Daily Eagle.

Adams, who backed the controversial SAFE Act – or the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act – in 2013 as a state senator and has been a vocal champion of gun control measures, contends the limits are needed to save lives, saying, there is “a responsibility to put public safety first, in the face of the blood-soaked carnage of mass shootings, made possible by the calculated and unrestricted stockpiling of thousands of deadly ammunition rounds.”

The draft measure, to be introduced in both chambers of the state legislature, would expand New York State Penal Law to cover both the quantities of ammunition that can be sold to gun owners with permits and establish a three-month waiting period before more bullets can be bought. With the SAFE Act’s requirement to establish a database of ammunition sales while throwing up a roadblock to Internet sales of live ammo still in the works, the limits would be enforceable across the state once such a database became active.

While there may be a carve-out for target shooters and law enforcement to purchase more than the rationed amount of ammo, those seeking such an exemption would have to show reason.

“Ammunition regulations are a necessary step in the battle against increased gun violence in our community,” said Persaud. “We can create legislation that imposes a waiting period and a reason of purchase, for what is considered to be an ‘excessive’ amount of ammunition, as a solution to prevent ammunition stockpiling.”

Those who violate the law would be subject to a Class E felony, which carries a punishment of up to four years in prison with a mandatory minimum of one year.

New York’s 2016 Legislative Session convenes with Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s State of the State address Jan. 6, 2016.

Content taken from and continue reading here: http://www.guns.com/2015/12/28/new-york-lawmakers-seek-statewide-limits-on-ammo-purchases/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=568151fc04d3017a61e8b9e8&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Replies

• guido4198guido4198 Posts: 2,247 Captain
    But..But..But...
    We HAVE to prevent gun violence by denying Constitutional rights to Law-Abiding Americans...!!!
    It's for the children..!!!
    If passed, this law will prevent crime and make New York a safer place...you know..for the children...!!!

****...are there REALLY people in New York looney enough to believe all that..???

Are there really VOTERS in New York STUPID enough to elect someone who believes that..???
    Surely this is some kind of Joke piece..isn't it..???

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,389 AG
    guido4198 wrote: »
    Surely this is some kind of Joke piece..isn't it..???

No, it is not a joke......remember when they try to make gun control seem reasonable with innocuous sounding terms like "common sense" "gun safety" laws.......this is what they mean.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/23/new-york-lawmakers-float-bill-to-restrict-gun-ammo/

The provision would limit the amount of bullets a gun owner can buy to no more than twice the amount of the capacity of the weapon ever 90 days, which means someone who owns a six-shooter could only buy 12 bullets every three months, the Brooklyn Eagle reported.

“If I have a cold, I can’t buy Sudafed without ID, but I can walk into any gun shop and walk out with enough bullets to arm a small army without showing any kind of ID,” Ms. Simon said in a joint release. “I can buy any kind of bullets regardless of what kind of gun I own. I don’t even have to own a gun to stock up on bullets.

Apparently analogies are ok when it suits the gun grabber agenda.....this is how they justify it.
  • gatorhookgatorhook Posts: 657 Officer
    Well, don't go to New York without your ammo then. Duh.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    It's a proposal by three people. Why doesn't everyone keep their knickers on - it won't pass.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    It won't pass. But someone did post an interesting response. It's not about the gun owners at all. It's about the dealers. There is no way that they can sustain a business if this were to pass.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,546 AG
    mikev wrote: »
    It won't pass. But someone did post an interesting response. It's not about the gun owners at all. It's about the dealers. There is no way that they can sustain a business if this were to pass.
    Exactly. Another attempted end run around the 2nd Amendment. They are constantly probing for weaknesses. And they have an army of propagandists trying to run interference.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,652 AG
    Glad I don't live in New York.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,287 AG
    And the black market for ammunition sales in NY will literally blow up in those lawmakers faces....
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
    cadman wrote: »

Me too. If the law limits the ammo to twice the capacity of a single gun I would have to buy a lot of extra weapons. That could be expensive!
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,190 Captain
    Thats crazy!

I'm visiting in laws on Long Island now. We went to the gun range yesterday and it surprised me how many people have guns up here! There was an hour wait and the place was packed. Lots of AR-15s etc.. Did not see large clips tho and the "assault rifles" had other restrictions on them from what I heard.
    I think there are plenty of "normal" people up here, there just overshadowed by the crazies in the city.
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    dave44 wrote: »
    Exactly. Another attempted end run around the 2nd Amendment.

Please show us the passage in the 2nd amendment that addresses the number of bullets you have a right to own.
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    Please show us the passage in the 2nd amendment that addresses the number of bullets you have a right to own.

:fishing
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."

So, is this the new argument of the fanatic totalitarian left? Your best attempt?
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral

fake as a 3 dollar bill
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    So, is this the new argument of the fanatic totalitarian left? Your best attempt?

he is just pretending to be against it
    And the black market for ammunition sales in NY will literally blow up in those lawmakers faces....

They know that, and that's the reason they want to create ultra stiff penalties for people who violate this "common sense gun safety law".

I don't know too many honest law abiding citizens who would risk four years of prison in violating this law.

"Those who violate the law would be subject to a Class E felony, which carries a punishment of up to four years in prison with a mandatory minimum of one year."
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    Me too. If the law limits the ammo to twice the capacity of a single gun I would have to buy a lot of extra weapons. That could be expensive!
    :grin
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

"2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Exactly. Another attempted end run around the 2nd Amendment. They are constantly probing for weaknesses. And they have an army of propagandists trying to run interference.

just like the right wingers are doing with abortion.....
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    another disingenuous trolling post posted by the supreme troller.....

quote originally by nacho....

You'll be allowed to purchase only 4 shotgun shells every 90 days in New York State........yes, you read that right, 4 shells every 90 days.

The gun grabbers are hard at work destroying rights......The New York SAFE act has been touted by the gun grabbers as the model they want emulated across the US.

you post this as if it were a done deal when in fact, it's merely a proposal by three idiots that probably know it will go nowhere...

carrion~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
    another disingenuous trolling post posted by the supreme troller.....

quote originally by nacho....

you post this as if it were a done deal when in fact, it's merely a proposal by three idiots that probably know it will go nowhere...

carrion~~~

Why not just propose a ban on killing people? Wait....that already exists. And people don't abide by it. But this....this is the kind of legislation that will turn that around right? I mean they will stop killing people if allowed to only purchase so much ammunition correct? Lawmakers know that it only takes one round to kill someone right? They also know that crossing state lines and purchasing ammunition, or having your neighbor purchase it for you *cough SB*
    you post this as if it were a done deal when in fact, it's merely a proposal.....

I realize you hail from the great state of Mississippi, so I try to keep that in mind when replying to you, by using simple words.

Perhaps you missed this part of the OP, in BOLD RED! Nothing disingenuous about it....now I demand an apology.

"New York lawmakers seek statewide limits on ammo purchases"
    Why not just propose a ban on killing people? Wait....that already exists. And people don't abide by it. But this....this is the kind of legislation that will turn that around right? I mean they will stop killing people if allowed to only purchase so much ammunition correct? Lawmakers know that it only takes one round to kill someone right? They also know that crossing state lines and purchasing ammunition, or having your neighbor purchase it for you *cough SB*

yet another example of not reading entirely and certainly not comprehending what the previous participant wrote..
    I realize you hail from the great state of Mississippi, so I try to keep that in mind when replying to you, by using simple words.

Perhaps you missed this part of the OP, in BOLD RED! Nothing disingenuous about it....now I demand an apology.

"New York lawmakers seek statewide limits on ammo purchases"

He didn't miss anything. Perhaps you don't understand that "lawmakers", plural of "lawmaker", means more than one. In this case, it's three lawmakers. Not ALL lawmakers, just three lawmakers... plural for more than one.

So, you're right. Lawmakers, plural, all three of 'em, SEEK statewide limits on ammo purchases.
    yet another example of not reading entirely and certainly not comprehending what the previous participant wrote..

You understand the end game correct? They are trying to keep people from killing people correct? What other purpose could this have?
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,014 AG

One reason I left.

Many people I know already buy out of state.
    Vermont, PA... or on the reservations.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
    Many people I know already buy out of state.
    Vermont, PA... or on the reservations.

Isn't that really the start of putting the local dealers out of business? You can see how that will snowball.

Please show me the passage that restricts the number of bullets that can be owned.

If it is not illegal, then it is legal, that is how it works, not the other way around.

Case in point, it is not illegal to flush twice, so therefore it is legal to flush twice. It is not illegal to posses a boat, therefore it is legal to posses a boat, and on and on...
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
    Isn't that really the start of putting the local dealers out of business? You can see how that will snowball.

Only the NY local dealers, soon there will be stores at some borders with signs that say, "Ammo, Beer, Fireworks",

wait...
    Only the NY local dealers, soon there will be stores at some borders with signs that say, "Ammo, Beer, Fireworks",

wait...

Exactly, so it's already working and this thing hasn't even passed. Chip, chip away.
    Exactly, so it's already working and this thing hasn't even passed. Chip, chip away.

Why do you think Remington pulled out of NY after forever?

We are Americans, nothing will change because they can't change everything.