Where to buy Mullet

Anyone know where I can buy mullet (not frozen) in Bonita Springs, Estero, or North Naples area to use for cutbait?

Replies

• tilemantileman Posts: 1,070 Officer
    What is your target pieces that it has to be fresh mullet?
    Here's ta swimn' with bowllegged women!
  • lukkyracerlukkyracer Posts: 576 Officer
    Fresh is so much better. Frozen can be like a ball of mush.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,940 Captain
    I'll help you out...go over to the area in front of Gasparilla Marina and pull all the dead white roe Mullet you want from the water....some fishermen were nice enough to leave about 500-600 of them there yesterday
  • NoreastSalt3295NoreastSalt3295 Posts: 526 Officer
    Mullet are everywhere this time of year. Hit 3 spots last night and every single one was loaded with big mullet. cast net or snag. snaggings fun when the bite is slow haha
  • PilchardPilchard Posts: 1,373 Officer
    Mullet are everywhere this time of year. Hit 3 spots last night and every single one was loaded with big mullet. cast net or snag. snaggings fun when the bite is slow haha

edited because I trust westie... Oops
    Snagging your recreational limit of Mullet is legal unless local ordnance prohibits it
  • OutdoorAddictOutdoorAddict Posts: 68 Deckhand
    Westwall01 wrote: »
    Snagging your recreational limit of Mullet is legal unless local ordnance prohibits it
    Not from a public bridge or pier.
  • fishdishfishdish Posts: 1,223 Officer
    I know that applies to spearfishing but I haven't heard that about snagging.
    Not from a public bridge or pier.

Completely legal by state statute and F.A.C. The only way it would be illegal is by local ordnance
  • pretzelbpretzelb Posts: 111 Deckhand
    Mickster48 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can buy mullet (not frozen) in Bonita Springs, Estero, or North Naples area to use for cutbait?

Englewood beach/Blind Pass beach with a cast net... Thousands on the beach right now. In 1 cast I got 15 14" to 20"ers.. Just watch for them to roll by..