12.16.15 SLI

With guest captain JT on board, and lake like conditions forecast for the entire stretch between SLI and the bank, Maribella charters opted to take a gander offshore today. Busted the inlet just before 6 and was greeted by a "water in fuel" alarm. Grabbed 12 gallons from Mobil last night to top off (first time non rec90 in this new motor) (and last:) ) Thankfully, the raYcor saved the day....Started heading east in the predawn darkness and, just as some light was creeping up on the horizon, we spotted this!
ed2b1f44-bfbc-44a0-9e73-8166ac9d3ec6.jpg
5d524bdc-9c53-44a4-8cdd-782eca15f85e.jpg
High speeded it 6 or 8 passes then switched to surface baits for a few passes but amazingly did not get touched.

Continued east 20 miles or so and found quite a sight with tunas busting the surface and birds going crazy. Fire out a couple of cedars and within seconds we are into some football black fins. Another pass and I'm in the process of setting a rigger bait in the clip and the line starts smoking for a few seconds then nada. Turns out it was a blue marlin and he went over to our other rigger bait and popped off before we had much to say about it. Put on a nice show on the surface as he was greyhounding away.. Stuck in the area and picked up some fat skippies before continuing east. Found another pack several miles east and caught and released a couple more small black fins and a few more footballs. Also found some even fatter skippies in this pack that has wondering if it might have been a better color for a second..
a6c3f8f9-14a3-493c-9191-d9a591444185.jpg
889513a9-649d-40c5-b806-5f78e79b47e0.jpg

Beautiful day on the water.
Captain James Jolly

RYlyzXj.jpg

Maribella Charters, LLC
www.MaribellaCharters.com
ph: 772.222.7101
[email protected]

Replies

• Osprey45Osprey45 FT Pierce/ Boonton Twp NJPosts: 990 Officer
    :thumbsup
  • RockNReelerRockNReeler Posts: 1,067 Officer
    Love them blackfins!
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Nice! Those look a little bigger than the bullets I'm use to seeing out of SLI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,348 Admiral
    Very nice! How far off did you make it?
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,411 Captain
    dpdash wrote: »
    Very nice! How far off did you make it?

X-2

Nice job!

Pura Vida!
  • seahuntetecseahuntetec Posts: 132 Deckhand
    Thanks for sharing your trip, bummin' while my boat is in the shop and the weather has settled. I haven't been out since the falcon trip, too beat up. How is the new boat would like to see pictures in .a future post
  • MaribellaMaribella Posts: 508 Officer
    X-2

Nice job!

The area with the marlin was 25 miles and the next pack was 30 miles. Looked further east but nothing shaking. On trip home, stopped briefly in that similar area 22-23 miles out and found a very small pack of birds and caught 1 more skippy.

Nice to run the bulk of the way home at 40mph in a 23' boat. Cheers.
    Captain James Jolly

RYlyzXj.jpg

Maribella Charters, LLC
    [email protected]
  • bandit100377bandit100377 Posts: 460 Deckhand
    We fished that same "boat" with live mullet and....nothing. No life out to 700' and no weeds. Ended the day at Peck lake where the macs were large and biting well.
  • Plane Fish nPlane Fish n Posts: 6,439 Admiral
    Good job with the "footballs."

It's funny.. Arnie (bandit above) sent me the same pics of that boat.

I don't know.. Arnie is always finding abandoned boats out there. :shrug

Cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • MaribellaMaribella Posts: 508 Officer
    We fished that same "boat" with live mullet and....nothing. No life out to 700' and no weeds. Ended the day at Peck lake where the macs were large and biting well.

Thanks for sharing your attempt with live bait. That was the best looking flotsam I have found in a few years and was shocked it produced nothing.
    Captain James Jolly

RYlyzXj.jpg

Maribella Charters, LLC
    [email protected]
  • e-moneye-money Posts: 4,258 Captain
    Nice going and thx for the gift pack! All the best w new endeavors!
    USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
    20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
    [url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]