1 egg
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 lb. fish fillets
1 tbsp. melted butter
Instructions:
Grease a cookie sheet with margarine or cooking spray; set aside.
In a small bowl, lightly beat egg until foamy.
On a large plate, mix bread crumbs, paprika, pepper and salt.
Pat each fish fillet dry, dip into egg and then into bread crumbs pressing gently to cover completely.
Place fish on the cookie sheet & drizzle with butter.
Bake for 10 minutes until lightly browned.

We usually do not use this too much until cooler weather hits. Might try using some seasoned Pankow this next time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Replies

• dougmaysdougmays Posts: 288 Officer
    sounds good Flash!
  • Gasman1Gasman1 Posts: 108 Deckhand
    Thanks Flash

I did not realize it but this is a recipe I had got from you a couple of months ago. We have had it several times since then and think it is great. We have never used Panko but I think we will try it next time.

Thanks for posting it again and sorry for putting you to the trouble.
  • gasparillagasparilla Posts: 358 Officer
    What temperature do you cook the fish at?

This recipe sounds phenomenal; I can't wait to try it . . .
    Cheap, fast, reliable - pick two . . .
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,193 AG
    gasparilla wrote: »
    What temperature do you cook the fish at?

This recipe sounds phenomenal; I can't wait to try it . . .

Sorry. With a short cooking time and to crisp up the fish, you will probably be working in the 400 to 425º degree area. You want to "crisp" up the fish. Size and thickness of fish varies alot with reds, so you will need to keep and eye on it and take it out when fish starts to flake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • AbelmanAbelman Posts: 1,853 Captain
    Sounds good. Ever try it with any other fish. Getting a Red out here is kind of long cast for me.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem" Ronald Reagan 1985
  • rbricklerbrickle Posts: 239 Officer
    Works well with any fish. Just a modern version of shake and bake" and I helped. "
  • charlie tunacharlie tuna Posts: 730 Officer
    Thanks for the tips Flash...

Flash,
    I went thru the recipe -- got everything except the redfish ---- whatcha got ?
  • SportsFanSportsFan Posts: 155 Deckhand
    My Neighbor just gave me some redfish fillets, fresh from Saraosta Bay or somewhere close. I have not had redfish before but look forward to using this recipe. Thanks for the posting, Jules !!
    image-logo.png
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,193 AG
    SportsFan wrote: »
    My Neighbor just gave me some redfish fillets, fresh from Saraosta Bay or somewhere close. I have not had redfish before but look forward to using this recipe. Thanks for the posting, Jules !!

Don't forget my "One-Eyed Grandma's Louisiana Grilled Redfish" either. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SportsFanSportsFan Posts: 155 Deckhand
    Hey, the Redfish was awesome. I really out did myself this time. A little white wine, some soft tropical music, makes you wanna go fishin again. Jules !!
    image-logo.png
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 4,985 Captain
    Abelman wrote: »
    Getting a Red out here is kind of long cast for me.

1156151_o.gif