Bait Reports....?

167891012»

Replies

• jimmy77jimmy77 Posts: 1,690 Captain
    FishInFL said:
    FishInFL said:
    Anyone mind sharing some spots near Dunedin ramp?  I typically use Seminole and get bait behind sand key but want to find it closer to dunedin ramp to head north. Thx
    The Flat to the south of the Dunedin Causeway has produced well for me this summer. Yesterday was the exception, but I couldn't find bait anywhere. You want to find the transition where it goes from 5-6' to 3. The bait is usually right on the drop. Some mornings there will be a lot of boats right there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DBRYANDBRYAN Posts: 4,406 Captain
    Any recommendations on where to net/sabiki bait out of Johns pass? Put my new boat up a high and dry inside the pass. Hoping someone could flatten my learning curve!!!
    We were always able to sabiki pins just offshore in about 13' of water. any poles or towers will hold them.
  • Jared1Jared1 Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    Anyone had any luck finding bait in upper Tampa bay recently. I launch at the CCC ramp
  • trs912trs912 Posts: 90 Greenhorn
    I'm not sure where the CCC ramp is, but I'll toss this out.  I've been seeing a ton of bait just south of the howard frankland bridge (during my commute).  It is pretty much all over the place on the south side around and east of the hump.  Haven't seen any on the north side.   No clue what size it is.
  • Jared1Jared1 Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    trs912 said:
    I'm not sure where the CCC ramp is, but I'll toss this out.  I've been seeing a ton of bait just south of the howard frankland bridge (during my commute).  It is pretty much all over the place on the south side around and east of the hump.  Haven't seen any on the north side.   No clue what size it is.
    Thanks! it’s the Courtney Campbell causeway ramp, I got lazy with my typing! 
  • DBRYANDBRYAN Posts: 4,406 Captain
    Whenever we launched from CCC we went down to Howard Franklin to find bait.
  • MBC223MBC223 Palm Harbor, FLPosts: 14 Greenhorn
    Is anyone finding decent whitebait in upper tampa bay or in the intercoastal caladesi honeymoon area?  Seems like everyone is finding good bait and I'm finding pins.  
167891012»