Phillips inlet

Wanted to know if Phillips inlet is open or if its still a sandy beach

Replies

• SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 8,124 Admiral
    Not for any sized boat, just a small boat sometimes. Tides decide if you get out at all.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,177 Admiral
    Tides wind direction and rain dictate passage. Sort of like times running a booby-trapped gauntlet out of a Harrison Ford movie trying to get back in.

:grin
  • donald811donald811 Posts: 479 Deckhand
    I may ease out there this weekend, see what it looks like.
    Life is a lot simpler when you plow around the stump.
  • pocket changepocket change Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the info. We ran out of there all the time till it got beached up. Being an hour an half away, kinda hard driving down hoping they just opened it up to drain down the lake only to find it still a beach.
    There is'nt the "THEY"! That sound only opens when the water gets too high in the lake and then it blows out. Other than a few that dug it out for frugal reasons, it's all about mother nature. If you plan on going out in anything besides a jon boat you better prepare yourself for a re entry plan, because it can change on a dime. Be careful!
  • Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    I was out on Saturday and it was closed. It was about a 75yd drag for us to get our kayaks from the inlet to the beach.
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
  • pocket changepocket change Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Well "they" comes from the last time we pushed a boat over the sand. Man with a badge in a truck pulled to us and stated when the lake level reaches a high mark on the bridge a permit is granted to dig a trench to allow the lake to drain down. Thanks Redfish for the on scene report.
    I think they're on it!
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v

1897702-boy-digging-a-river-in-the-sand-of-the-beach-nice-summerOpeningthePss.jpg
  • tripple dippertripple dipper Posts: 44 Deckhand
    Will he have it ready by the weekend?
  • mrbuimrbui Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    [video=youtube_share;75MMzKs8MWE]

lets do this
  • addicted2reelinaddicted2reelin Posts: 137 Deckhand
    mrbui wrote: »
    [video=youtube_share;75MMzKs8MWE]

lets do this
    Looks like fun to me.
  • lindalinda Posts: 130 Officer
    Hahahaha I love it!