2 new personal best peacocks, IN ONE DAY

Been a while since I have been able to get out and really put in a session. I have been trying hard for two years now trying to get either a photo published or asked to write an article for peacock bass. The closest I have got was being put on FLSportsman freshwater page. I've submitted numerous pictures to owner hooks but they never respond. The first day didn't produce many fish, but the quality were good. We only had three peacocks between the two of us, but I got two between three and three and a half pounds. Couple days later I went solo and decided to hit some spots that I have drive by in the past. First spot produced a two and a half pound fish. Went to a new location and it was on! First two casts landed two peacocks, third cast and I hooked a fish that was zipping drag, got me wrapped around something on the bottom, finally got it free, fought it another fifteen seconds before the hook pulled. The 20# fluoro was terribly frayed but it was the owner hook that straightened that set the fish free. I completely re-tied my leader before throwing back out and that proved to be the right move. I hooked and landed a new personal best tht went at 4.8lbs. Very next cast and I hooked into what I knew was a big fish. At first glance I thought I had hooked the same fish again. Snapped some pictures an quickly weighed the fish, and this male went at a new best 5.1lbs. The pattern of the fish was also different so definitely not the same fish. I fished another half hour landing anothe four peacocks up to 3lbs. Beating your personal best twice in one day is awesome. Anyone who knows me knows that I put a lot of time into catching these fish.

3.5lbers
image_zpsncuj4w39.jpg
image_zpsywjepqgh.jpg
image_zpsuxhfaeb8.jpg[/URL]
4.8lber
image_zpsozqyxctv.jpg
image_zps9ollr6c8.jpg
5.1lber
image_zpsbs1wob68.jpg
image_zpskif72bfr.jpg

Replies

• FlfjackFlfjack Posts: 646 Officer
    monster peacocks man! nice work.
    East Boynton
    IG jack.bbi
  • Kill N TimeKill N Time Posts: 467 Deckhand
    Wow, those are some stud peas! Great job!
  • tjmurphytjmurphy Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    Beautiful fish. Congratulations!
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    Those are some big Peas,

As far as getting your pics published: You have to wear the latest tricked out clothes, pose yourself and the fish at the latest angles, and scrunch up your face into an "extreme" expression, preferably with a Yeti cooler in the shot also.
    cuda-title2_zpsb81e4f1d.jpg
    greggl wrote: »
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
    nuevowavo wrote:
    Think you're pretty clever? Think again. Time for a break.
    :rotflmao
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,702 Moderator
    Nice peas , what did they eat ?
    "You'll get your weather"
  • sandwashsluggersandwashslugger Posts: 244 Deckhand
    Yeah I don't have any fancy stuff parse to pose with. These fish ate live bait. Haven't been seri many fish up shallow or cruising. Most i the fish have been deep, and the areas I fish aren't real productive with artificial.
  • former bluefishinnyformer bluefishinny Posts: 1,478 Officer
    Nice nice peas!!! Suggestion when deep.... Ever try a Terror Eyz (DOA)?
  • Salty GatorSalty Gator Posts: 1,812 Captain
    Nice peacocks! That last one is a slob.
  • sandwashsluggersandwashslugger Posts: 244 Deckhand
    Nice nice peas!!! Suggestion when deep.... Ever try a Terror Eyz (DOA)?

I haven't, but I will look into it. Work good?
  • former bluefishinnyformer bluefishinny Posts: 1,478 Officer
    Yes... my go to when they are deep... it pisses em off
  • Reel4ReelReel4Reel Posts: 438 Deckhand
    :thumbsup
  • PeacockFeverPeacockFever Posts: 227 Officer
    nice job!! Ill never forget my personal best, I got this 5lb peacock on christmas eve out of the lake in my community.
    There's no such thing as too much bait!