Skip to main content
Home General Freshwater Fishing

2 new personal best peacocks, IN ONE DAY

Been a while since I have been able to get out and really put in a session. I have been trying hard for two years now trying to get either a photo published or asked to write an article for peacock bass. The closest I have got was being put on FLSportsman freshwater page. I've submitted numerous pictures to owner hooks but they never respond. The first day didn't produce many fish, but the quality were good. We only had three peacocks between the two of us, but I got two between three and three and a half pounds. Couple days later I went solo and decided to hit some spots that I have drive by in the past. First spot produced a two and a half pound fish. Went to a new location and it was on! First two casts landed two peacocks, third cast and I hooked a fish that was zipping drag, got me wrapped around something on the bottom, finally got it free, fought it another fifteen seconds before the hook pulled. The 20# fluoro was terribly frayed but it was the owner hook that straightened that set the fish free. I completely re-tied my leader before throwing back out and that proved to be the right move. I hooked and landed a new personal best tht went at 4.8lbs. Very next cast and I hooked into what I knew was a big fish. At first glance I thought I had hooked the same fish again. Snapped some pictures an quickly weighed the fish, and this male went at a new best 5.1lbs. The pattern of the fish was also different so definitely not the same fish. I fished another half hour landing anothe four peacocks up to 3lbs. Beating your personal best twice in one day is awesome. Anyone who knows me knows that I put a lot of time into catching these fish.

3.5lbers
image_zpsncuj4w39.jpg
image_zpsywjepqgh.jpg
image_zpsuxhfaeb8.jpg[/URL]
4.8lber
image_zpsozqyxctv.jpg
image_zps9ollr6c8.jpg
5.1lber
image_zpsbs1wob68.jpg
image_zpskif72bfr.jpg

Replies