patience point 11-28 -15 happy ending

Had a big crew up for the weekend, 6 people on the boat could mean ,tangled lines, and short fuses , well get to the short fuses later.......

Got out to long point on an incoming tide, had 1 boat there... not too much action and the other boat left...
We were all alone using some select shrimp in hopes of big reds.........................

Every thing was fairly slow most the day with a mackerel here and there

tg15-6.jpg

A couple of pomps
tg15-2.jpg

tg15-8.jpg

Add a nice sheep

tg15-3.jpg
not a great day as it was starting to get late and the tide was about full.... HOLD ON ....
Then surprise.... Monster red invasion

tg15-5.jpg

tg15-4.jpg

tg%2015-1.jpg

tg15-7.jpeg

Almost every one got a big red as we were fighting for position on the boat...... Girls won.We kept 4 that were just under 27 and released a bunch

We were out of shrimp and it was getting dark, i noticed that our tunes were not on and my machine was off?????:huh

OK FISH BUZ LEAVING QUICK.... HIT THE STARTER..... OH SHEET.... A quick pull battery from console to move back to starter battery..... doubled up tried this, that , the other.... nothing.... sheet.. getting dark

OK NO BOATS AROUND CALL SEA TOW.... WE TELL THEM WERE AT LONG POINT SPOIL BANKS CR .... THEY PLAYED STUPID AND DID NOT KNOW KEPT ASKING GPS NUMBERS ... WELL DARK , EVERY THING SHORTED, BATTERIES WERE GOOD.... THEN A LATE BOAT CAME BY TROLLING BARGE CANAL.. BY SEA TOW THANKS FOR NOTHING..We got the kind boater to let me jump off his battery and we followed him in, in the dark with no lights..... We were happy to give away some big ole reds..... boat is in shop looking for problems ...

WHAT A day:spin

Replies

• xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,646 Captain
    Great fishing Mike and patience paid off as usual for you. Beautiful reds and pomps. Bummer that you had that problem when it was time to go home. Hope they resolve your problem soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Snookslayer772Snookslayer772 Posts: 170 Officer
    Awesome report with some nice fish caught. Just a heads up (not trying to be "that guy") but those are juvenile permit, not pompano. You can tell by the longer pec and anal fins, and they are a little more round than a pomp of that size.
  • shuterkngshuterkng Posts: 862 Officer
    Awesome report with some nice fish caught. Just a heads up (not trying to be "that guy") but those are juvenile permit, not pompano. You can tell by the longer pec and anal fins, and they are a little more round than a pomp of that size.

I figured i had a 50/50 shot of getting it correct
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,828 Captain
    Too bad you ran outa bait Mike! If the crew was still catchin giant redz while you were waiting they might have enjoyed the wait! Awesome catchin, sorry about the boat pains> We've all been there!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    It just ain't fun staying the night on the boat when you are not planning on staying...
    Awesome bunch of reds....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • Scott CrownScott Crown Posts: 661 Officer
    Some stud reds. Hope the boat get's to feeling better soon.
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,967 Captain
    Nice bunch of drive by Reds!! Sucks about Sea Tow. I don't like to hear that, because that's my company went problems happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • barhopper51barhopper51 Posts: 561 Officer
    Nice bunch of fish.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,002 Moderator
    Good fish , bad boat . So , Sea Tow wouldn't come out without a GPS number ? You can see the channel marker from where you were. Should have been able to give the marker # to them ? :huh
    "You'll get your weather"
  • shuterkngshuterkng Posts: 862 Officer
    capt louie wrote: »
    Good fish , bad boat . So , Sea Tow wouldn't come out without a GPS number ? You can see the channel marker from where you were. Should have been able to give the marker # to them ? :huh

It was too dark to see marker, plus eyes are not that good, i had a hand held but i was busy and the girls were calling.... A lil confusion was going on... It was calm, but tempers were not so much....
  • huntentailshuntentails Posts: 1,697 Captain
    Glad You caught some fish
    and Really Happy You Made it Home SAFELY:thumbsup
    58c3c16f-8a45-4d30-b16f-bc3107cf4657_zpsplzwx9u1.jpg0af8c5e9-faa1-4c9d-81d3-c711ee6ce6e3_zpsojsft7fc.jpg
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,485 Captain
    That's pretty bad that local SeaTow operator wouldn't come get you after dark without a GPS location. I'd report them to the national SeaTow organization. He needs to change his ways for the benefit of everybody that depends on him.

You can get GPS apps for Android and Apple cell phones. Geocachers use them all the time. They work even without a cell connection.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 3,739 Captain
    That's pretty bad that local SeaTow operator wouldn't come get you after dark without a GPS location. I'd report them to the national SeaTow organization. He need to change his ways for the benefit of everybody that depends on him.

You can get GPS apps for Android and Apple cell phones. Geocachers use them all the time. They work even without a cell connection.
    Navionics has a good one for the phone
    You should have been here yesterday
  • xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,646 Captain
    SK was doing what most of the rest of us would have been....under the console trying to fix the problem himself. Things can get tough when there's really only one worker and three or four bosses. I had a guy stand and watch water come in through one of my self bailing cockpit drains one day with the plug right there. Had to ask him to MOVE so that I could put it in and let the bilge empty the water. Never know how people will react. Having fished with SK I can say he knows what he is doing. Sometimes things just go south.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,254 Officer
    I'm always envious of your patience when I read your posts. It definitely paid off in a big way with those Bulls! If Sea Tow doesn't know where long point is......well it sounds like they were trying to get out of making a run! Was with a guy one time and the safety key was on the side of the console and a rod pulled it out and we ended up getting towed for nothing. Could have just plugged it back on. I'm pretty handy, but didn't know about those. GPS apps are a good idea.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,383 AG
    Bobby (can't remember his last name) would be the Sea Tow guy in CR. Doesn't surprise me he blew you off. he ain't a real go getter.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • mburke001 aka TripleBmburke001 aka TripleB Posts: 1,366 Officer
    Nice fishing, not good about CR Sea Tow. Curious is he the same guy that handles Homosassa. If so, I might rethink renewing my plan and go with BoatUS in January. Thanks
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,383 AG
    Capt. Ernie Croft is in Homosassa, great guy.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • mburke001 aka TripleBmburke001 aka TripleB Posts: 1,366 Officer
    Ok thanks Anumber1.
  • FELLOW-SHIPFELLOW-SHIP Posts: 213 Deckhand
    Seatow has their own app that will give your Seatow guys your exact gps # your account # all you do is push the button on the app. If you are out of cell phon range you are S.O.L. The app has a lot of other Good features and is designed for quick response under pressure. I keep SeaTow just because of the app.

FellowShip