Skip to main content
Home Off Topic

Yahoo Sports report UGA Fires Mark R......Holy Chit.....stupid move if true...

Captjohn5150Captjohn5150 Posts: 1,698 Captain
Just saw on yahoo sports....wow, huge bonehead move...
For the love of all outdoors recreational activities....what my spelling is off, that will learn ya. Pimping ain't easy unless u went to FSU, its a BS course.
What do u get when you can connect the dots, color inside the lines, and get your release papers.....sentence served, times up at Felon sentenced university.
Floridas first woman's college.
The only difference between FSU and all the other colleges are other colleges accept you into the university's. At FSU you are taken into custody.

Replies

• WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,412 AG
    They want to be in the top tier and are not. End of story.
  • Captjohn5150Captjohn5150 Posts: 1,698 Captain
    We can understand the want but let's face it, N.S at BAMA is the guy to beat, very hard to do, U.M is the only guy other than Now Retired SOS to give NS any problems....heck most of NS ex staff are all coaching against him right now and can't beat him.....in all realty the UGA dogs just threw away a great chance to one day get to play for a title...now the EAST SEC will be UF and UT, winner takes the crown only to get crowned by BAMA or LSU....West is by far stronger than the east this year.....
    LSU with its number 1 ranked incoming class is a small moral victory over BAMA....you just have to believe that with kids wanting to play for titles and proven coaches they will head to guys like N.S, U.M, L.M, B.D, coach MAC, now gone Mark R....and if the kid is illiterate he will take his coloring book and canyons to FSU...if they have half a brain they will go play at Clemson...these are the good to great football programs with proven coaches....Mark R ran a very clean tight ship with just a handful of problems....very clean program....UGA knows they have a winner there...
    For the love of all outdoors recreational activities....what my spelling is off, that will learn ya. Pimping ain't easy unless u went to FSU, its a BS course.
    What do u get when you can connect the dots, color inside the lines, and get your release papers.....sentence served, times up at Felon sentenced university.
    The only difference between FSU and all the other colleges are other colleges accept you into the university's. At FSU you are taken into custody.
  • Salty GatorSalty Gator Posts: 1,831 Captain
    Bad move by UGA. His winning percentage is higher than all but the most elite active coaches. He's on pace to win more games than Dooley in 5 fewer years and routinely wins 9-10 games per year. He has owned GT and Auburn and even though he has a losing record against UF, it is much better than the most recent coaches preceding him. 3 years ago, UGA was 4 points from the BCS title game. Plus he's a good role model who runs as clean a program as possible in major college football.

The UGA administration is taking a truly myopic view. I hope they find the next Ray Goff.
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Posts: 6,573 Admiral
    its a common problem. 15 years is a long time to be at one place. Things grow to common. UGA wants to at least be hopefully of a championship run. With Richt, they know exactly what to expect, a 9 win season. Been 10 years since an SEC championship. The hope of more than what they have now is gone.

Same reason talk of Miles was going on.

Problem is, he was a good coach. Chances are you won't be able to replace him. Might get someone who can come in and do a year based on hype, but long term, hard to do.
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,243 Admiral
    I wonder who will be the next head coach?

Cristobal if not hired by UM?
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Posts: 10,030 AG
    Time for a change. Definitely.

Richt to Miami? Not sure if I like that or not.

Not sure he'd create the buzz needed to get top recruits...
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • peariverpeariver Posts: 855 Officer
    This change is a few years past due in my opinion and I think Mark Ritch is a fine individual but Georgia should have ran the table on eastern division championships after Tebow graduated from Florida with the talent Ritch stockpiled in Athens.
    Problem is now, UF is going to load up on players that were going to UGA, UF has nailed down a monster QB...hopefully the commitment QB from UGA will now also flip to UF...and UGA will now be 5 or more years behind the rest, behind UF and UT...
  • Salty GatorSalty Gator Posts: 1,831 Captain
    ZimmerNole wrote: »
    I wonder who will be the next head coach?

Cristobal if not hired by UM?

UGA needs a home grown coach. Would love to see Muschamp take over the Dawgs.
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Posts: 6,573 Admiral
    UGA needs a home grown coach. Would love to see Muschamp take over the Dawgs.

they can have him.

but they are probably going to get Smart

in fact, I bet they already talked and know he'll take the job.
  • peariverpeariver Posts: 855 Officer
    in fact, I bet they already talked and know he'll take the job.

:Agree You fire a Mike Shula in anticipation of a better coach, you don't fire Mark Richt in anticipation of a better coach. You better have a replacement in hand. Although I don't think UGA and Kirby Smart have officially talked so the coach speak can be technically honest, I'm sure Smart's agents phone is on speed dial between the two if he is in fact the replacement. It has also been alluded that Dan Mullen is a possibility.
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 16,660 AG
    "Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can be sometimes easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love." Fred Rogers  
  • GrillaGGrillaG Posts: 1,260 Officer
    Richt should head to Miami, isn't that his alma mater ? that would be cool.....maybe put Miami back on the map
    I can only think Kirby would be taking two steps back taking the UGA job.....he will not beat BAMA, not till Nick leaves...Everyone including allburnedup would love it if muskrat would leave to go to UGA...that program would be in the chitterlings so fast..season ticket holders would get a free snow shovel for attending every home game.....
    LSU took Les back, after Fisher said he wouldn't join them.

IMHO, you don't fire Richt.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Richt end up at UM.
    Heroes On the Water

FREEDOM CAPTURED!

>

2013 Hobie Outback
    would be an excellent coach for the canes.....actually I read that there is three really great choices in the air with the canes, Davis, Mullins, and richt....I like the way the canes are going, very surprised....I have my fingers crossed that the canes can get it right and get back in the game...

UGA fudged up big time....got a proven player that lost most of his big games as a player...got rocked as a coach more than a few...not proven for the level as a head coach that isn't going to field a team that will beat St. Nick which is the problem that Richt also had...beat the gators, can do, beat Bama never can do.....give Bama at least 5 more years till Nick retires or moves on to bigger and better things...if it was me I would stay at Bama under Nick making 1.5 million a year and win and take over when Nick leaves.....
    As of right now, Saban and Smart won't meet in the regular season until 2020.

The playoffs and/or SEC CG are a different story.
    Heroes On the Water

FREEDOM CAPTURED!

>

2013 Hobie Outback
    most recruits would rather go to Bama, UF, FSU, UT, now that Richt is at UM, Ohio state over Georgia....