Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

Military Guy new to Tyndall AFB / PCB / Mexico Beach -- need help

What's up everybody?! Been a while since I've been in Florida. Just wanted to put my info out there. I am new to the panhandle. Have some fishing experience but really looking to meet some new people and get on the water. I'll only be stationed here 6-9 months. Not long enough to be buying a boat although I might get my hands on a yak (unsure on that yet) If any of you have a boat and going to get out I will be willing to help pay for gas/ice/bait/help clean. Whatever I need to do to earn my spot. However if not, I have access to tyndall so if anybody knows the waters around here and can give me some pointers, I would be forever grateful. I'm staying in Mexico beach, so help there would be wonderful as well. Just an honest military dude looking for tips or maybe a spot on a boat. Thanks in advance everybody! Also may be off topic, but does anybody spearfish here?

Replies

• Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,742 Moderator
    What's your fishing experience and what are hoping to accomplish?

When does your TAFB stay begin?
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    Check out fb page = 'Panama City Fishing'... >7K members & lots of good info...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,742 Moderator
    Check out fb page = 'Panama City Fishing'... >7K members & lots of good info...

Oh.... that's not nice. What about the thriving PH section of Floridasportsman?

I guess it's a shame that I don't have a facebook page.

How bout this, John... cut and paste here that stuff here. Please!!!!!!!!!
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"