November 14th Dustem of Sailfish Tournament On the MissMichelle

November 14th Dustem of Sailfish Tournament On the MissMichelle
Went out Hillsboro at 6:30 had an hour before lines in. Ran as far north as we could by 7:30 got just south of the breakers almost straight off of trumps house. Popped the kites up off the back corners and started putting baits out. We fished gogs all day on the kite. 1/2 hour into it we had kings in the air and 2 cut offs. Put out new baits a little time passed and we were in 120 ft of water and we got the bite we were looking for. A sail ate the long bait, after a short chase we had the liter touch and the release at the time we were the 4th boat to catch a fish. When we released that fish we were in 160 ft. While we were putting the baits back out one of the baits got railed. Fought the fish for 10 minutes thought it was going to be a big black fin ended up being a decent King 33.6 pounds (the 2nd biggest meat fish in the tournament). Kept fishing and the bite just shut of we caught like a 14 pound King and we were still right off of trumps house south of the breakers and that was it so by then it was 1:30 and lines out was at 3:30 so we decided to make a move by then it was blowing a solid 20 so we decided to run south and herd that boats in Miami were catching fish deep so we set up off the martini glass in 150 and started bumping the kites out, as soon we hit 260 ft the bite went off we started seeing kings sky'ing and hooked a dolphin on a flat line. Ended up catching 2 decent schoolys 6-8 pound and kept fishing. Now we were in 270 and we all new their had to be a sail in the area so we kept fishing. I caught a small shark on a flat line and pulled it in the boat to take the hook out while im unhooking the shark I here "fish on. On the short might be a sail I couldn't really see it" so we start backing down on it and I release the shark. As soon as I did that the fish went nuts and took to the air sail number 2, started chasing the fish doing circles and doing everything we can to get the liter touch. While this is happening one of the other guys hooks a 10 pound dolphin on the kite horses the dolphin to the boat and flips it in whiled we're chasing the sail. Finally after what seemed as an endless fight ended in our favor, we got the liter touch and released the sail. Fished the last 1/2 hour in the same spot catching another little king. At the end of the day we ended up 25th overall out of 40 boats, 3rd and 7th place junior anglers, and the 2nd biggest meat fish of the tournament. Congrats to all the boats that won. This tournament is definitely a great one and have no complaints about it all they run it perfectly.

Replies