Skip to main content
Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Paris

trout069trout069 Senior Memberlook at gps and tell mePosts: 5,888 Admiral
Odd we were talking about this happening here when or if the refugees get here. Prayers for the family's of those involved.

Replies

• illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Senior Member Posts: 5,570 Admiral
  • SAENoleSAENole Senior Member FloridaPosts: 11,477 AG
    The fundamental transformation is underway.
    Warning Level 2
  • alligatoroballigatorob Senior Member Posts: 197 Officer
    My niece is on her way back from Italy and had a one night layover in Paris last night. Bad timing - she's ok, just not sure she will be able to get out today. For the only day of her life in Paris she sure picked the wrong day.

Sure as he** we figure out who did this and do worse to them....... It won't be easy or simple.
  • hooknredshooknreds Senior Member Redfish PointPosts: 2,461 Captain
    SAENole wrote: »
    The fundamental transformation is underway.
    What the hell does this mean?
    The radical Muslims have declared war upon the rest of the world. It will take the entire world - UNIFIED - to defeat this evil force. This perversion of religion may never completely cease to exist but it can be reduced to a much less dangerous number.

Listening to the news last night I found it strange. Fox called for other Muslims to stop the radicals and for sanctions to be put on all countries that are the home of these radicals so that they might begin to modify the radicals from within. Then I switched to MSNBC and my jaw dropped while listening to their reporter actually trying to place blame on the French people for this carnage. Her reasoning was it was justifiable because it was in retaliation for the poor treatment of Muslims in France by the French .............. my god what is she thinking?
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski Senior Member GrovelandPosts: 16,674 AG
    The more these acts happen, the more I cannot stand Islam. The world has to come together on this.
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
    MSNBC... reporter actually trying to place blame on the French people for this carnage.
    Unbelievable, there is never, never any justification for targeting civilians, these people were not collateral damage this was mass murder, premeditated mass murder of innocents. No rational person can justify that. I know a lot of Muslims and they are as upset with this as we are, these radicals need to be taken out!
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Senior Member Posts: 4,877 Captain
    Cut the head off the snake.

We know who financed them.

We know who built the "madrases".

We know who subsidized their clergy.

From Nigeria, to Syria, to Iraq, and Afghanistan, all roads lead back.

The primitive, hereditary, "royal" rulers of Arabia, the House of Saud.

Those 2nd rate potentates in the Gulf Emirates are every bit as guilty.

A Monkey In A Silk Suit Is Still A Monkey

Freeze their assets, and put them on trial for supporting terrorism.

Or, do them like they do to others ... cut off their heads ... every last one.
  • BodineBodine Senior Member TallahasseePosts: 3,108 Captain
    I would meet with Russia and Nato nations, get an agreement and nuke their butts.
    Many innocent would die, but it would stop it cold.
    Taking out isis, is not enough, we need to make a strong statement.
    F the feds
  • 76carman76carman Senior Member Friendly downtown Lanark VillagePosts: 261 Deckhand
    Pompy's solution would be fine with me
    hooknreds wrote: »
    What the hell does this mean?

It means Barry's plan is working.
    Warning Level 2
  • tapatetapate Senior Member SowegaPosts: 5,263 Admiral
    Until a fundamental change from peaceful muslims to get off the sidelines and prevent this type of behavior from the inside of the populous occurs, it makes me think our strategy is doomed.
    It means Barry's plan is working.

I hope this is sarcasm
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    I agree entirely. If it doesn't take place we will need to adopt different strategies and a lot of innocent people will be killed.

But I see no choice if the majority of muslims do not get off their **** and cooperate in defusing the minority.

This is it in a nutshell!

As we live less than a mile from one of the most radical, terrorist fundraising Mosques in America we witness things most do not.

We feel this to be true:

Some one said there are three types of Moslems:

1) The terrorists
    2) Those that raise money and fund the terrorists
    3) Those that give the terrorists tacit approval by doing and saying nothing to stop and deter them.

Yes unfortunately we have reached the point where the Russian approach will have to be used. Hide in a Mosque - good bye Mosque. Hide in a hospital - good bye hospital. Hide in a school - good bye school. Use a human shield - shield goes along with terrorists. Yes innocents will die ... but they will be causing the deaths. With this approach how long before the moderate Moslems get off the sidelines and stop these killers themselves.
    I think you are going to see borders start to close for people escaping certain regions as just part of the first step toward protecting our borders from this type of thing. Several of these guys were going back and forth to Syria.
    tapate wrote: »
    I hope this is sarcasm

Beware of false prophets.
    Warning Level 2
    Beware of false prophets.

Like people on the web telling you that this was going to happen? Or a campaign speech that doesn't mention anything about helping terrorism?
  • BodineBodine Senior Member TallahasseePosts: 3,108 Captain
    tapate wrote: »
    I hope this is sarcasm

Hardly, he is one of them.
    His actions have continuously abetted radical islam.
    His quest to remove Asad will further destabilize the region, just
    as his removal of Kadafi did.
    Do not think this is not well thought out.
    Obama is the enemy, and a piece of s h i t by the way.
    F the feds
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    I agree entirely. If it doesn't take place we will need to adopt different strategies and a lot of innocent people will be killed.

But I see no choice if the majority of muslims do not get off their **** and cooperate in defusing the minority.

Its not so simple. I believe the majority of the Muslims are with us, Muslims are the ones doing most of the fighting ISIS and dying right now.

Muslims are no more unified than Christians, there are lots of very different denominations and ethnic groups amongst the Muslims and many of them live in backward countries with repressive governments, with leaders often more interested in self preservation than the good of the governed.

Some one raised the Saudi example and it is a good case in point. The Saudi family is basically with us, both ISIS and al-Qaeda are very serious threats to their existence. It is however also likely true that the Saudis contribute money to extremest groups, but this is not so much to help them go after us as to pay them off. Many Saudis (not so much the Royal Family) are hard core Wahhabi one of the worst most radical Islamic sects, the Royals have to live with them and so pay them off. As a whole Saudi Arabia is an ally, but it also has one of the most repressive governments in the world, not a very comfortable ally. On the other hand a democratic Saudi Arabia might be a lot worse for us.

We certainly have to figure out how to go after the extremists like ISIS, we just have to figure out how to do it without making a lot of new enemies. Success is one of the best ways to do that, we need to do things that work. And we have not been very good at that. I hate to say it but in Syria I think maybe Putin and the Russians were right from the beginning. The only thing worse than the Assad Regime is what comes in its place.....