Oil less turkey fryers,

Anyone use them, yay or nay? love fried turkey just tired of messing with the oil.

Replies

• RexLanRexLan Posts: 868 Officer
    Another gadget IMO. Can do the same thing in a roaster with the same results and it is good for a lot of other things as well.
    Port Charlotte, Florida
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,231 Admiral
    How do you fry without oil? Sounds fishy
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • trousertroutmantrousertroutman Posts: 1,332 Officer
    my family used one last year, don't have the make or model handy but can find out. I was skeptical but it came out really good!
    Make the forum great again.....consolidate general fishing with for sale or business but keep reports separate!
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    Get you some GrillGrate* Panels for your Grill (whatever type grill you use) to prevent flare-ups
    Spatchcock & Brine & cook on the Grill
    It's our new 'Tradition'...
    Best Turkey Ever...
    PS- You'll love the Grill Grates for EVERYTHING vs. that stupid 'Oil-less Turkey Fryer' you'll use ~1-2x/yr MAYBE... http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=grillgrates&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=76057556106&hvpos=1s1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8984501928965297236&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_56x2a0zdxc_e_p1
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • RedRichRedRich Posts: 245 Deckhand
    rs
    Do you need 4 grates to fit the spatchcock bird?
    About how long is cook time?
    Thanks
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    RedRich wrote: »
    rs
    Do you need 4 grates to fit the spatchcock bird?
    About how long is cook time?
    Thanks

I haven't cook one since last Nov., so you'd have to Google that, but it's quicker than the oven... & yes I think I need all 4 when I spread out ~12-14lbr...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • RexLanRexLan Posts: 868 Officer
    I haven't cook one since last Nov., so you'd have to Google that, but it's quicker than the oven... & yes I think I need all 4 when I spread out ~12-14lbr...

I disagree and think a turkey cooked on the BBQ with grill grates will be a disaster IMHO. They are a good product but stupid priced ... I have 4 but would not buy again because of price.

The grates by design are to prevent flareups and have raised ridges which will leave nice sear marks on the food for presentation. They are aluminum so the heat rapidly as well but difficult to clean if you are using any sauce for something like BBQ chicken.

A roaster or the smoker will produce the best turkey IMHO
    Port Charlotte, Florida
  • ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,397 Captain
    My Weber always serves me fine.