Skip to main content
Home Southwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Fort Myers CCA Fun-a-ment

Hey Forum members both new and old. Wow, I haven’t been on in forever, the new forum will take some getting used too. At least no one can see now that my post count had probably dropped below 0.000001 posts per day! haha, but I am sad that my ultra low member # is gone too, oh well. Anyways:

I wanted to give everyone a quick update and last minute reminder about the Costal Conservation Association Fun-a-ment fishing tournament on this upcoming Sunday, June 19th (Fathers Day). I know this is last minute, but for any of you Dad's or Son's that were in need of a fun Family style outing to celebrate the Holiday, then this is a great option to consider!

I tried to attach a entry form and score card but the file was too large. If interested you can contact me at [email protected] and I will email you a entry form and score sheet, or you can use the contacts provided in the details. But anyways here is a brief outline of what it is:

2011 CCA FUN-A-MENT

WHEN: June, 19th Father's day. No Capt. Meeting. Honor Start at 6:00am

WHERE: Weigh-in at Cape Coral Yacht Club at 2:00pm

SPECIES: Snook, Redfish, Trout, Jack Crevalle, Ladyfish, Mangrove Snapper

ENTRY FEE: $50 per adult, $25 per youth (15 and under) Entry fee includes BBQ at weigh-in and 1 year CCA Florida Membership.

SCORING: The team's Top 3 LONGEST (total inches) of each individual species will be counted towards
total team score of total inches for all speacies combined. All fish are to be caught, measured and released, and recorded on the team scorecard.

YOUTH DIVISION: Scored individually. Any species of fish caught by youth via hook and line may be recorded for youth division. Team division species caught by a youth can also count towards team score.

CONTACT: Mike Shannon at 239-707-2047 or Dave Westra at Lehr's Economy Tackle 239-995-2280 for entry forms, questions, other info.

OTHER NOTES: The CCA fun-a-ment has been held in Fort Myers for over 25 years. It is one of the only family/kid friendly and low stress FUN tournaments to fish where it is not about the first place payouts, but about enjoying time out on the water with friends and family and some friendly competition mixed-in. All youth walk away with goodie bags, and almost everyone gets something good in the raffle (usually worth more than what your entry fee was). Not to mention this is fundraiser an event put on by CCA Florida; a non-profit grass-roots organization that is continuously dedicated to the conservation of our marine resources and fisheries in the interests of recreational fishing. Fishing this tournament includes a CCA membership where you join a great group other anglers in the Fort Myers area that are conservation minded stewards to our fisheries, and want to make sure we have healthy marine fisheries for generations to come. I know it is last minute and on a holiday weekend, but I would love to see some FS forum participation at this longstanding event!

Thanks and hope to see you there!

Matt Norman
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive yet obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."
www.ccaflorida.org www.reelknights.com
2005 14'10 Native Skiff "Sweet Pea" Hull number 1 by Capt. Karl
[email protected]