Skip to main content
Home Sportsman's Kitchen

Lobster Ceviche Recipe!

We found the lobster walking on halloween and whenever we got a 2 person limit or more, we always have one thing on our mind and that is some fresh homemade ceviche. This recipe is a little labor intensive if done alone but with 2-3 people helping it goes by fast and is sure to please. I recommend using at least a dozen lobster as ceviche is a dish that can be eaten for up to a week and only gets better with time and once your friends and family try it you will become the go to side dish at any party. I have attached a video which shows you how to make the dish and you can find the full recipe in the description box below the video.

IMG_0052_zpsyy9k7joo.jpg
Screen%20Shot%202015-11-04%20at%2011.20.17%20AM_zpsoacokwv0.png

Replies

• Bacon for baitBacon for bait Posts: 593 Officer
    Looks good, but that's a lot of lobster to waste. Your baitfish would be happy eating dog crap. No reason not to eat every bit from anything you take out of the ocean.
  • trousertroutmantrousertroutman Posts: 1,363 Officer
    Looks good, but that's a lot of lobster to waste. Your baitfish would be happy eating dog crap. No reason not to eat every bit from anything you take out of the ocean.

Sounds like someone didnt get their lobsta this year lol
    Make the forum great again.....consolidate general fishing with for sale or business but keep reports separate!
  • Bacon for baitBacon for bait Posts: 593 Officer
    Sounds like someone didnt get their lobsta this year lol

Lobster fresh and frozen all year round, thanks. Grew up in the Key's and Bahamas and was taught at an early age not to waste.
  • proline19proline19 Posts: 34 Deckhand
    This recipe looks grt. Thx for sharing
  • pbsnookerpbsnooker Posts: 882 Officer
    Definitely going to try and his, but on a lot smaller scale, looks great!
  • HurricaneBKHurricaneBK Posts: 213 Deckhand
    Looks good! Try adding some pineapple chunks too, they go great in ceviche as do mango and peach chunks. When you said it was at its prime in 24 hours do you usually wait that long to start eating it? I've found with fish ceviches if I leave the fish to "cook" in the lime/lemon juice for much more than a few hours they'll be too well done and lose some of their flavor and turn almost mushy so I'll drain most of the citrus juice. I've never done lobster though, will have to do a batch come lobster season.
    BoatEasy
    The Boater-to-Boater Marketplace
    www.BoatEasy.net
    Find and Share Services, Expertise and Products with Boaters Near You