FSU's Sean Maguire

2amigo2amigo Posts: 4,927 Captain
Thought and stated he should have started from Day 1 and definitely by game 4. Golson has not shown ANYTHING special and no leadership. Maguire could not have done any worse than Golson has throughout the season. Proof is in today's game. I knew this yet Jimbo and other Nole faithful did not.
«1

Replies

  • BobberBobber Posts: 943 Officer
    Agreed - so who's Dabo gonna prep for?
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,910 Admiral
    Problem.
    Jimbo promised Goldon the job.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,180 AG
    Isn't he just a Jr.? Surprised he does not take a transfer if Jimbo stays with Golson. He seems like a dang good QB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,474 AG
    2amigo wrote: »
    Thought and stated he should have started from Day 1 and definitely by game 4. Golson has not shown ANYTHING special and no leadership. Maguire could not have done any worse than Golson has throughout the season. Proof is in today's game. I knew this yet Jimbo and other Nole faithful did not.

    I hate to say this but Dumbo screwed the pooch once again starting the loser from Notre Dame. That's what Dumbo does though, and why we love him. McGuire actually looks competent. Golson couldn't start for UM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    I think there must be some resentment among the receivers and line that McGuire isn't playing.........could explain their sorry play previous and their turnaround today. Adds a little pressure to the defensive prep by Clemson..............
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

    Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

    "2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • JaxNoleJaxNole Posts: 1,705 Captain
    2amigo wrote: »
    Thought and stated he should have started from Day 1 and definitely by game 4. Golson has not shown ANYTHING special and no leadership. Maguire could not have done any worse than Golson has throughout the season. Proof is in today's game. I knew this yet Jimbo and other Nole faithful did not.

    :rolleyes
  • JKPJKP Posts: 3,000 Captain
    Offensive line played poorly, especially 55.

    At least Maguire can throw the deep ball. One game against lowly Syracuse doesn't tell a complete story but he did look solid.
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 4,927 Captain
    JaxNole wrote: »
    :rolleyes

    Jax, I don't need to but you can go back to other threads where I have stated that. Noles are a lot quieter this year now that Gata is doing well and have a bright future. :rotflmao
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 4,927 Captain
    JKP wrote: »
    Offensive line played poorly, especially 55.

    At least Maguire can throw the deep ball. One game against lowly Syracuse doesn't tell a complete story but he did look solid.

    All the games Golson played against ALL lowly opponents he never looked good. If it wasn't for Cook there would be more losses. Syracuse is not that any different than the rest of the competition the Noles have played.
  • JaxNoleJaxNole Posts: 1,705 Captain
    2amigo wrote: »
    Jax, I don't need to but you can go back to other threads where I have stated that. Noles are a lot quieter this year now that Gata is doing well and have a bright future. :rotflmao

    Then tell us all why in the hell are you not coaching then? SM has looked less than average up until this game to the staff, the fans, and everyone who has eyes. I am happy he did well, but you get absolutely zero credit no matter what you said and when.
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 4,927 Captain
    JaxNole wrote: »
    Then tell us all why in the hell are you not coaching then? SM has looked less than average up until this game to the staff, the fans, and everyone who has eyes. I am happy he did well, but you get absolutely zero credit no matter what you said and when.

    He mad! Relax Jax. We were 4-8 2 years ago and Gator fans here kept on truckin'. Be happy. It's been a good run and should be better with Maguire. He had 2 days of prep last year and beat a decent Clemson team. Some mistakes but overall did good in the end when it counted. Golson was BENCHED ( talking about average) at an over rated ND. They didn't want him, why should the Noles? Stick with the guys who came there from high school and bled garnet and gold. Not some waste of time who couldn't make it at his own school. If you have been to a game you would see that there was no leadership coming from Golson on the sideline. Maguire may not be the greatest but the team will respond to him from a chemistry standpoint. Proof is on this past game. By the way, all of of us have made calls on a team that were correct that the coaches or management f'ed up on. Do you think you should be coaching because you thought Muschamp sucked as a head coach overall like everybody else in the nation ? No, but you knew better . Right?

    P.S. I know you chimed in early in the season when Res and I betted. We still on?
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    navigator2 wrote: »
    I hate to say this but Dumbo screwed the pooch once again starting the loser from Notre Dame. That's what Dumbo does though, and why we love him. McGuire actually looks competent. Golson couldn't start for UM.

    Screwed the pooch again? What has Jimbo done wrong?

    These comments make me laugh.
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

    "Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

    FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

    2013 Hobie Outback
  • JaxNoleJaxNole Posts: 1,705 Captain
    2amigo wrote: »
    He mad! Relax Jax. We were 4-8 2 years ago and Gator fans here kept on truckin'. Be happy. It's been a good run and should be better with Maguire. He had 2 days of prep last year and beat a decent Clemson team. Some mistakes but overall did good in the end when it counted. Golson was BENCHED ( talking about average) at an over rated ND. They didn't want him, why should the Noles? Stick with the guys who came there from high school and bled garnet and gold. Not some waste of time who couldn't make it at his own school. If you have been to a game you would see that there was no leadership coming from Golson on the sideline. Maguire may not be the greatest but the team will respond to him from a chemistry standpoint. Proof is on this past game. By the way, all of of us have made calls on a team that were correct that the coaches or management f'ed up on. Do you think you should be coaching because you thought Muschamp sucked as a head coach overall like everybody else in the nation ? No, but you knew better . Right?

    P.S. I know you chimed in early in the season when Res and I betted. We still on?

    Far from mad. I just have the common sense to trust a proven coach who sees players a lot more than fans. Yes, we are still on. And for the record, I think the Gata should have given Muschamp a lifetime contract.
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    Was at the Cuse game and I was impressed with Maguire, very nice touch on long balls, the O line gave him all day to throw, I say play him vs Clemson
  • nole76nole76 Posts: 804 Officer
    dpdash wrote: »
    Was at the Cuse game and I was impressed with Maguire, very nice touch on long balls, the O line gave him all day to throw, I say play him vs Clemson

    Or at least don't announce a starter 'til an hour before the game.
  • BayGatorBayGator Posts: 1,496 Officer
    Syracuse looked like a high school team trying to compete Saturday. I doubt it will be that easy for Sean MaguireEverett Golson this weekend.
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,474 AG
    ZimmerNole wrote: »
    Screwed the pooch again? What has Jimbo done wrong?

    These comments make me laugh.

    G-O-L-S-O-N

    I thought you might actually watch your own team's games. Golson looks like crap even with Cook in the game. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MARLIN44MARLIN44 Posts: 1,223 Officer
    navigator2 wrote: »
    G-O-L-S-O-N

    I thought you might actually watch your own team's games. Golson looks like crap even with Cook in the game. :grin

    Best screen passer in the game...
    23ea9c81-1e5b-4eb2-a384-b1be569337ad_zps36a194bd.jpg
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    He took a chance on a 5th year senior QB who has played in big time games.

    I'd rather see Golson come to FSU for the P-O-T-E-N-T-I-A-L he could've had, rather than never take a stab at it at all.

    Clemson has to prep fro 2 totally different QBs and two totally different RBs.
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

    "Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

    FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

    2013 Hobie Outback
  • MakomenutsMakomenuts Posts: 236 Officer
    Maquire took all 1st team reps at practice yesterday if that is an indication of what will be coming this weekend. He looked pretty good with the deep ball, Cambell dropped a would be 60+ yard td pass in the 2nd half.
  • MadbeachMadbeach On the riverPosts: 970 Officer
    I'm surprised we haven't seen more of Campbell. Is he just grasping the playbook slow?

    I hope Smag starts. Run Patrick and Cook so they have to stack the box to open throwing windows.
  • JaxNoleJaxNole Posts: 1,705 Captain
    Madbeach wrote: »
    I'm surprised we haven't seen more of Campbell. Is he just grasping the playbook slow?

    I hope Smag starts. Run Patrick and Cook so they have to stack the box to open throwing windows.

    George is raw. Think KB with more speed. It is taking him a while to turn into what he can be, but he will be special. And can you imagine Patrick and Cook in the Pro-set with single tight? Can't wait!
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    Next year....holy jesus

    Cooks last year, better OL, Patrick 2nd year, Sweat and Derwin 2nd year, tons of talent at WR and the secondary.

    We could be very, very good next year.
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

    "Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

    FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

    2013 Hobie Outback
  • MakomenutsMakomenuts Posts: 236 Officer
    I will be arriving in Clemson, SC Friday afternoon about 4 pm. Sounds like we have a good amount of rain that will be coming through at kick off. Fields going to get sloppy probably going to see a lot of running plays from both sides. Still want to see Sean at qb though.
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 4,927 Captain
    Maguire at least hypes up this otherwise flat offense. I posted positive about this kid and how it changes the demeanor of your offense and Jax about tore my head off. :grin
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,474 AG
    2amigo wrote: »
    Maguire at least hypes up this otherwise flat offense. I posted positive about this kid and how it changes the demeanor of your offense and Jax about tore my head off. :grin

    That was kind of my point earlier. Jim Dummy is Mark Richt Jr. Tipping my glass to Golson and hoping he starts the rest of the year.:rotflmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    2amigo wrote: »
    Maguire at least hypes up this otherwise flat offense. I posted positive about this kid and how it changes the demeanor of your offense and Jax about tore my head off. :grin

    I agree 100%

    When Campbell dropped an easy 60yd TD what did SMAG do? He ran over to him and shouted at him.

    1. Golson can't make that throw
    2. Golson would have whined to Jimbo
    3. Golson doesn't grab anyone by the facemask and pump them up.
    4. Jimbo would have never called the play....because Golson has a noodle arm.
    5. Yes, It was CUSE.

    However, I like the element of the vertical passing attack. Everyone props up Golsons mobility (and I did at the beginning of the season and 2 games in) but I don't think his perceived mobility is more valuable than Smag's arm. Granted, the propensity for Smag making a mistake is much higher than Golson, but it's also because of the game flow and the way Jimbo calls the screens/westcoast/dink-dunk offense when EG6 is at the helm. We never would have aired it out EVEN VERSUS CUSE with EG6 under center.

    I felt bad for SMag at the beginning of the year when we brought in EG6. Is he a world beater? No, but he committed to Jimbo/FSU, learned the system, sat behind the best QB to ever wear Garnet and Gold and didn't transfer the way Coker/Trickett and John Franklin III did. The kid is a NOLE through and through, and I believe he has a better grasp on the system, the playbook and that locker room as he has been around those guys for 3 years, not just 3 months.

    I'd be happier with a loss at the hands of Smag, than a loss at the hands of Golson. If I see another pass thrown at a WR's feet a la Tebow I'll lose my mind.

    I say we win vs GT with Smag on the field, just saying.

    We took a chance on Golson, it could've paid off....but it didn't IMHO. Let's let Smag get the reps as he SHOULD be the starter next season or at least battle it out with Francois, another kid who bleeds garnet and gold.

    #RecencyBias LOL
    navigator2 wrote: »
    That was kind of my point earlier. Jim Dummy is Mark Richt Jr. Tipping my glass to Golson and hoping he starts the rest of the year.:rotflmao

    You're way off base dude, I really don't understand your vitriol for Jimbo. Even the level headed Gata fans on here will admit he is one of the top 5-7 coaches in CFB. He has already done more as HC then Richt has in half the time. Kiss the ring!

    He took a chance, it could've paid off immensely. I'd rather see us go after Golson/Braxton Miller than not
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

    "Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

    FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

    2013 Hobie Outback
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,474 AG
    ZimmerNole wrote: »
    I agree 100%

    When Campbell dropped an easy 60yd TD what did SMAG do? He ran over to him and shouted at him.

    1. Golson can't make that throw
    2. Golson would have whined to Jimbo
    3. Golson doesn't grab anyone by the facemask and pump them up.
    4. Jimbo would have never called the play....because Golson has a noodle arm.
    5. Yes, It was CUSE.

    However, I like the element of the vertical passing attack. Everyone props up Golsons mobility (and I did at the beginning of the season and 2 games in) but I don't think his perceived mobility is more valuable than Smag's arm. Granted, the propensity for Smag making a mistake is much higher than Golson, but it's also because of the game flow and the way Jimbo calls the screens/westcoast/dink-dunk offense when EG6 is at the helm. We never would have aired it out EVEN VERSUS CUSE with EG6 under center.

    I felt bad for SMag at the beginning of the year when we brought in EG6. Is he a world beater? No, but he committed to Jimbo/FSU, learned the system, sat behind the best QB to ever wear Garnet and Gold and didn't transfer the way Coker/Trickett and John Franklin III did. The kid is a NOLE through and through, and I believe he has a better grasp on the system, the playbook and that locker room as he has been around those guys for 3 years, not just 3 months.

    I'd be happier with a loss at the hands of Smag, than a loss at the hands of Golson. If I see another pass thrown at a WR's feet a la Tebow I'll lose my mind.

    I say we win vs GT with Smag on the field, just saying.

    We took a chance on Golson, it could've paid off....but it didn't IMHO. Let's let Smag get the reps as he SHOULD be the starter next season or at least battle it out with Francois, another kid who bleeds garnet and gold.

    #RecencyBias LOL



    You're way off base dude, I really don't understand your vitriol for Jimbo. Even the level headed Gata fans on here will admit he is one of the top 5-7 coaches in CFB. He has already done more as HC then Richt has in half the time. Kiss the ring!

    He took a chance, it could've paid off immensely. I'd rather see us go after Golson/Braxton Miller than not

    Ponder this. If Richt gets the ax, I hope Dumbo becomes a mutt.............and I hate UGA wayyyyyyyyyyyy more than the nulls.:rotflmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    LOL.

    If Jimbo went to UGA, y'all would be screwed.
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

    "Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

    FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

    2013 Hobie Outback
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 4,927 Captain
    I thought this should be brought back up top. Why did Jimbo start Golson? Because Maguire didn't play that great against Clemson who is arguably the best team in the nation? Golson would have been embarrassed by Clemson. Probably 4 pics. Jax, are you going to tell me again Jimbo knows more than me about who should start? :grin.
Sign In or Register to comment.