CK 10/25 beatdown

m22lDGX.jpg

Got a late start and arrived around 1030 after a BLT at Herschel's. Fished one creek on the run to my spot that produced well last week but no action. Wind was whipping good from the east. Ran further to fish grass lines and bars and it was slow until near the top of the incoming tide and then it turned on like crazy. It was double hookups with over slot reds non stop for near an hour. They were eating everything from cut ladyfish to spoons and soft plastics. A guy in a bay boat rolled up and after that action slowed. Made a move and started working rocky shorelines and caught a few more reds before a rainstorm. Sand gnats gave me the idea to work shallow grass flats. It would produce a double limit of trout from 18 to 22 inches mostly on topwater. We brought home six trout for a fish fry tomorrow and threw all the reds back since I've eaten too much reddish the last couple weeks. Super solid day. Even saw a tripletail but only got two casts on it and it wouldn't eat. Fishing is so hot right now its unbelievable. Big tide since Tuesday is a full moon. Even a stiff east wind couldn't stop the incoming tide today.

Replies

• RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,524 Captain
    Fishing is hot right now for sure, sounds like you had a steller of a day.....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,438 Officer
    Seems like fishing couldn't get much better. WTG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luv2YakLuv2Yak Posts: 944 Officer
    I had no earthly idea that it is possible to "eat too much redfish" :huh

Heckova day fishing Jim311!
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,396 AG
    Jim311 wrote: »
    m22lDGX.jpg

Got a late start and arrived around 1030 after a BLT at Herschel's. Fished one creek on the run to my spot that produced well last week but no action. Wind was whipping good from the east. Ran further to fish grass lines and bars and it was slow until near the top of the incoming tide and then it turned on like crazy. It was double hookups with over slot reds non stop for near an hour. They were eating everything from cut ladyfish to spoons and soft plastics. A guy in a bay boat rolled up and after that action slowed. Made a move and started working rocky shorelines and caught a few more reds before a rainstorm. Sand gnats gave me the idea to work shallow grass flats. It would produce a double limit of trout from 18 to 22 inches mostly on topwater. We brought home six trout for a fish fry tomorrow and threw all the reds back since I've eaten too much reddish the last couple weeks. Super solid day. Even saw a tripletail but only got two casts on it and it wouldn't eat. Fishing is so hot right now its unbelievable. Big tide since Tuesday is a full moon. Even a stiff east wind couldn't stop the incoming tide today.

Great report as always. Very strange though, just to the north of you the wind was howling out of the southeast and then shifting to the SSW. Beat me to crap Friday, Sat, and Sunday but Sunday was the worst of it. Had a great bite Friday and Saturday but Sunday was tough sledding fish-wise. Eventually I'll get around to my own report, but well done again Jim.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,853 Captain
    Yeah it was sort of an ESE wind I'd guess? At times from the south. Really forced a ton of water up in the rivers and creeks. Even on the run home water was high at what was supposed to be a low tide.
  • Biggary16Biggary16 Posts: 468 Deckhand
    Way to go Jim that's a heck of a day out there. That's a lot of catchin!