Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Windy weekend

It was nothing compared with early in the week..but it was a bit breezy.

Yesterday was really pretty darn good...I had 9 trout with one at 25 inches and a pair of 21 inchers...and a half dz slot or just unders. I also had 7 snook with one fatty that fooled me...but the bluewater don't lie...just shy of 27...but really fat.

Today, the numbers were down and the first fish was a trout that I watched twist like an Eel till it came loose. I eventually caught a small trout and left. Next spot is empty but the one after that I get a small snook. And like every day that starts this way...I'm now thinking...:huh ... where could a Redfish be hiding? The correct answer in water that has 8 inch visability is..Anywhere..and everywhere... :grin Just kept tossing likely spots till...

20151025_083936_zpstmikv8zg.jpg

So, that is good because it is #108 ..... A few casts later I loose a nice flounder as I reach for the net... :cry
Keep at it and..loose a snook...then a nice trout...and as I'm feeling all down...get a hard thump...and after a few missed net shots...

20151025_114702_zps2n7npx5d.jpg

He's relaxing in the fridge.....He's the guest of honor at todays fish fry.... :grin

Caught one more snook before quitting....
There are many roads to travel
Many things to do.
Knots to be unraveled
'fore the darkness falls on you

Replies

• gatorhookgatorhook Posts: 655 Officer
    Thanks for the report. I hope to contribute some reports soon, but with the winds picking up and my never ending chores it's been hard to even find time to catch bait!
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Nice report Joe.:thumbsup
  • HookupAndGoHookupAndGo Posts: 201 Deckhand
    That's a nice size guest for the table!
  • Net 30Net 30 Posts: 1,020 Officer
    Nice work Joe…..catch em' on wigglers or plastic?
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,489 AG
    Net 30 wrote: »
    Nice work Joe…..catch em' on wigglers or plastic?

Everything has been on plastic George....You have to cover way to much ground to get all three to use bait...That, and my ADD which keeps me from sitting in one spot for more than a minute or two... :wink
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    That's a nice size guest for the table!

Thanks Dan...the wife made me a fried Flounder sandwich for dinner last night...it was really great. It is actually a 2 dinner fish.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Might as well throw this in here...since it is still windy....
    I wanted to fish up by Sebastian since it's been a week of wind that kept me down towards Wabasso and Vero. I saw Cap't Ryan as I launched and talked with Palm Beach Pete who was going to fish Wabasso with the wife. Ran to my first spot and the water was REALLY bad...caught a jack. I spent too much time really but felt that since both Capt Glynn Austin and the best inshore snook catcher I know ( Richy P )both came in after me..it was a good bet.
    By 8:20 I knew I better go... Get to my next spot and get a little trout...waste no time and hit a good shoreline and get this....

20151026_085639_zpsvvymfvmu.jpg

Well, Now that I only need a snook...I run to a protected cove and 4 casts later...snook on the deck....9:05 and that makes it #109
    I caught 1 more mid slot trout before heading back towards Sebastian..hit one more spot that was empty..called it at 10...
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • AOKRVsAOKRVs Posts: 2,030 Captain
    Up to 109 great work Joe -
    been buried at work - have not even had time to look at reports.
    I will be using some spare time now to catch up
    Looks like it has been windy but you are still catchin
    some fat reds and nice looking flounder
    I going to be down for 3-4 days next week hopefully the seas lay down
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marathon, FL -- World Cat 320CC -- Charter Service cheaper than renting

https://www.aokcharters.com/
    573-216-4078

https://www.AOKRVs.com   -- The best prices on the best best brands everyday.

AOKRVs wrote: »
    Up to 109 great work Joe -
    been buried at work - have not even had time to look at reports.
    I will be using some spare time now to catch up
    Looks like it has been windy but you are still catchin
    some fat reds and nice looking flounder
    I going to be down for 3-4 days next week hopefully the seas lay down

Thanks Monty...I figured you were busy since I had not seen you on here.

Let me know when you are down..We can get a beer and shoot the breeze.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Still windy...actually windier today than I thought. I looked at weather at 6 AM and it said ESE at 14 with gusts to 19... :shrug That can't be. BUT, It was that and more! Luckily, I hedged my bet and launched in Wabasso. Water was junk but the new color must show up a little...I caight 3 decent trout 16-18 inches...4 small snook to 22 inches..and this....

20151027_103809_zpstplxch7e.jpg

Took till 10:35 and had to dodge some splash and dash rain....but that's #110
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Nice catch Joe. I put in at Sebastian yesterday, didn't make it to Wabasso. It was slow at I was moving to try to find some fish. I was in open water when I skipped some pomps. We threw some jigs their way and hooked up as soon as the jigs made bottom. No pomps but nice trout. We drifted over that spot and ended up with 6 nice trout 18"+ 3 croaker and jacks. No pomps.
    #110 congrats on a roll and nice looking red
    The Ducks and geese are starting to fly around up north of here
    10-4 on the beer :beer
    I am ready for a 3 day get away
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

573-216-4078

Today was not windy.....it was rainy. Took my time getting going because I saw all the green on the radar and knew I would be fishing in raingear.
    Since it was a south wind I opted for Yacht club because the Wabasso ramp gets snotty on a hard south.
    The first spot was empty...or maybe I just made the wrong approach. The next spot I caught 2 just in the slot Trout. Next spot I caught 2 more better size Trout....moved a bit..and caught another good trout. As I thought about where I wanted to go look I caught a small snook off a point. So, I started looking at some hard bottom Redfish spots..... and the next fish was a nice 25 inch snook...then two in the low twenties. It had been cloudy with off and on rain till about 10:30 but now It was late....almost noon...One last spot...

20151028_114735_zps5taxl4rd.jpg

That's #111
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Nice work in the wind or rain - your are getting it done
    Hope that weather straightens out by next week
    At the looks of the weather offshore I may be after reds and trout too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

573-216-4078