Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

NOAA Sucks !!!!!!!!

That's all......:mad:huh:shrug

Livin' the Dream !

Replies

• LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,210 Officer
    Well, maybe I jumped the gun a little on my criticism.

Now seeing several reports on FB that it's kinda rough out there once you get out past 4-5-miles. That makes me feel better about not driving down from Tennessee yesterday to fish out of PC today (our last chance for the year). We called the trip off early yesterday morning. But, I kept seeing the beach webcams with it looking flat calm today & NOAA's forecast change for the better......so, was kinda second guessing our decision. Now with these reports, maybe we made the right decision.

Anyone venture out today? If so, how was it?

Livin' the Dream !
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,742 Moderator
    I promise you, it's nasty out there. I drover over to St. Joe this morning to pick up some alligator hides and meat... N wind was moving my truck around when S of clear cuts.

Once in Mexico Beach it you could see wind pushing water offshore hard. Beach cameras are meaningless with an offshore wind ahead of a front.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 833 Officer
    Lilo We fished Friday and it was very nice out there. Got us sum scamps for dinner. I also checked out Saturday and lets just say a couple miles off beach just fine. But starting about 4~5 miles out, when you pulled up to a spot you were drifting at a speed of 11/2~2 mph not fun. So you made the right call to stay home. jmo
    Sting aka Capt. Ron
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,742 Moderator
    We have some young kids in town visiting my wife's side of family. Both are dying to go fishing. My closest sure-fire snapper spots are about 5 miles off the beach. Tree tops here at the house... they-a-swayin'.

Checked the buoy just now: 7.9' at 7 seconds.

Like Sting said, I imagine by 4 miles or so it starts getting right bumpy and even w/out seas, I would expect the boat to be pushed around a bit. I'd still try it today, but it's my wife's side of family, and she doesn't want to go. I'm going to going to drive / babysit / deck / pay / by myself in less than nice conditions.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 833 Officer
    Btw couldn't keep red snapper off the hooks chewin em off in state waters. Easy picking for sure
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    All you have to do is look at the horizon and you will the buffalo herd out there. Which means, don't go offshore.
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,210 Officer
    I'm sure we made the right call. Just frustrating.............haven't been since mid-August & this was probably our last shot at going this year. Better safe than sorry....

Glad you caught them, Sting!

Livin' the Dream !
  • TheMarkOdomTheMarkOdom Posts: 32 Deckhand
    Im out of Panama City Beach Pirates Cove and mine stayed at the dock.

The day was Friday and that was it.

don't get me wrong you could fish on the North wind within 3-4 miles of the coast but, it was nasty out there.
    Mark O.
    Northwest Florida
    PCB
    2015 Tidewater 280CC Twin 300's

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]