Skip to main content
Home Boating

Updated Imagery Examples FMT for S. Florida

Egrets LandingEgrets Landing Posts: 954 Officer
By popular demand :cool: , some updated samples below currently available on the latest S. FL chip by Florida Marine Tracks running on the Navico line. These are photos taken by a cell phone of the S. FL chip running on a Simrad Evo 12. They are very representative but they really do look clearer and more crisp on the units themselves as opposed to a photo of the screen. A similar example set for N. FL will be posted soon. Both S. FL and N. FL have been well received and this imagery shown below along with N. FL is still not fully complete and is being further improved for brightness and contrast/color and is scheduled to be fully complete this year.

Also, by popular demand, FMT is currently sourcing 2015 imagery just like this for Louisiana and it should be available in 2016 as a stand alone product. Track development and marker corrections have already begun in LA.

Questions? Contact them at [email protected]

063_zpsjhdm0yel.jpg
The RED is all of the current Track development.

102_zpsyw7ipxnm.jpg
101_zpsxvc84c7q.jpg
100_zpss3jkb4ha.jpg
099_zpsjq5d8x3s.jpg
098_zpsr1yyhrdj.jpg
097_zps3dodmfbg.jpg
096_zpsa7c7ffxl.jpg
095_zpsggy924x2.jpg
094_zps1mdulrgg.jpg
093_zpsh8yzzdha.jpg
092_zpsoeg6ddr1.jpg
091_zpsn7dwzsz5.jpg
090_zpsqyct4oad.jpg
089_zpsbzr1xsqr.jpg
088_zpsmuqccafg.jpg
087_zps1pj91vdf.jpg

086_zps6funbiqc.jpg
085_zpsm5yiehlh.jpg
084_zpstxe641wi.jpg
083_zpsx5a2bdha.jpg
082_zps6yu06smj.jpg
081_zpsui2tqu65.jpg
080_zpsdgb3tqeb.jpg
079_zpsfwjrt1lj.jpg
078_zpsrb0bqab2.jpg
077_zps3he8b5zx.jpg
076_zps3iacct9e.jpg
075_zpsi4jsfefi.jpg
074_zpszy9zymbh.jpg
073_zps7a6llbpv.jpg

072_zpsgjcon5tp.jpg
071_zpsajgoz53v.jpg
070_zpsvsrmbx8d.jpg

069_zpsdxcxatvj.jpg
068_zpsluo5db05.jpg
067_zpslm1wqopk.jpg
066_zpsprxup7sk.jpg
065_zpsbqdfsk4m.jpg
064_zpsghe2furi.jpg
052_zpsqd4gkze0.jpg
051_zpsmwz0zbpj.jpg
050_zpsq3hn0vnb.jpg
049_zps1lk3qlo3.jpg
048_zps10hs5dxv.jpg
047_zpsdvdjxrok.jpg
046_zpskmsq3juq.jpg
045_zpscseajzbp.jpg
044_zpskga7yv9e.jpg
043_zps57kuig9t.jpg
042_zpshsn146vc.jpg
041_zps1mwwspkt.jpg
040_zps0c1r4lou.jpg
039_zpssgqlcyrx.jpg
038_zpshldrbjww.jpg
037_zpsnobeixv4.jpg
036_zps9i9c3vts.jpg
035_zpsokph010u.jpg
034_zpsqfuzqxo9.jpg
033_zps8lrwpd5o.jpg
061_zpsewkyxeem.jpg
060_zps3uuywtgi.jpg
059_zps3kbpldbk.jpg
057_zpsn0eweed2.jpg
056_zps67ipfvl0.jpg
055_zpsxq0nvpab.jpg
054_zpsdrpo3716.jpg
053_zpsg6672gmr.jpg

Replies

• HookupAndGoHookupAndGo Posts: 201 Deckhand
    Nice.

One thing I always wish I would see whenever I look at any of the satellite map images is a date (even just the month/year) the image was created, especially in places where the sands/shoals shift.

Either way, some really nice maps!
  • Egrets LandingEgrets Landing Posts: 954 Officer
    Nice.

One thing I always wish I would see whenever I look at any of the satellite map images is a date (even just the month/year) the image was created, especially in places where the sands/shoals shift.

Its easier said than done as there are about 20,500 images covering FL the way we have it sliced up. In most cases, imagery for a region is from the same mo./yr but sometimes for certain spots we take some images from a different date to insert. We have FL broken up in to about 50 Regions. When you move across the map it generally looks seamless on FMT because we focus to try to make that happen but the GPS has no ability to read the dates on images that are in the view screen and change automatically. If you zoom out to see all of the Everglades it looks like one photo but the dates of some of the numerous images comprising that total area are different. We replace some images with others to get the best read and clarity we can find. For instance the entrance to Rogers River in 10000 islands is a different date from most of the rest of the river itself as it was the best image. The photos of Flamingo Marina and north into the everglades swamps are probably a year older than the images of Snake Bight adjacent to it.
    The FMT imagery is all relatively recent with a lot of it being within approximately 12 to 24 months. Compare to Garmin or Navionics which has very dated poor quality lower res images that are about 10 yrs old, no substantive tracks, markers locations that are all off from actual positions, and no State Park markers or signs. FMT imagery is so detailed at 6" to 1' that only 1/2 of FL takes up about 25 GB of space on a chip. The resolution available to view is higher than the current technology available in the gps machines will actually display but as the technology improves to read even higher res, so will the appearance of those images in the updated machines and that is why it was programmed like that.
  • Egrets LandingEgrets Landing Posts: 954 Officer
    Nice.

Its easier said than done as there are about 20,500 images covering FL the way we have it sliced up. In most cases, imagery for a region is from the same mo./yr but sometimes for certain spots we take some images from a different date to insert. We have FL broken up in to about 50 Regions. When you move across the map it generally looks seamless on FMT because we focus to try to make that happen but the GPS has no ability to read the dates on images that are in the view screen and change automatically. If you zoom out to see all of the Everglades it looks like one photo but the dates of some of the numerous images comprising that total area are different. We replace some images with others to get the best read and clarity we can find. For instance the entrance to Rogers River in 10000 islands is a different date from most of the rest of the river itself as it was the best image. The photos of Flamingo Marina and north into the everglades swamps are probably a year older than the images of Snake Bight adjacent to it.
    The FMT imagery is all relatively recent with a lot of it being within approximately 12 to 24 months. Compare to Garmin or Navionics which has very dated poor quality lower res images that are about 10 yrs old, no substantive tracks, markers locations that are all off from actual positions, and no State Park markers or signs. FMT imagery is so detailed at 6" to 1' that only 1/2 of FL takes up about 25 GB of space on a chip. The resolution available to view is higher than the current technology available in the gps machines will actually display but as the technology improves to read even higher res, so will the appearance of those images in the updated machines and that is why it was programmed like that.