Home General Paddle Craft

Have Kayak, will Travel...

BleederBleeder Posts: 39 Greenhorn
I magically have Saturday thru Monday off (October 10th-12th) in the Jacksonville area, kayak's loaded for tomorrow for a day's travel if needed, and looking for the best place to travel to in the state to insure a bite. Not wanting to stay locally, but to get out-and-about. Looking for Snook, Reds, Jacks, Ladyfish and even small tarpon if they will cooperate; just something that will give me a better chance than not of getting skunked! (Yup, no guarantees, I know!) Any suggestions as a travel spot to try that might have to hot bite for a simple kayaker? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• ProduktProdukt Posts: 592 Officer
    Not sure what kind of kayak you have but I'm going offshore tomorrow morning in Palm Beach. Better leave now!
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,343 Moderator
    Dunno how the weather is up by you, but it looks calm this weekend (knock on wood). I'm probably going to go out on Sunday myself.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • BleederBleeder Posts: 39 Greenhorn
    Better info would have helped, obviously! I have a 2012 Hobie Pro Angler and was using Saturday as a possible travel day, looking for a hot bite somewhere. Going offshore has been hit or miss w/ me, but I have been reading about your mullet run down in SE Florida...don't think I can get down there in time for this morning. Hope the fish are chewing...I might try the area out of Jupiter or so.