Check on Sonar Logs Progress

mikenavmikenav Posts: 696 Officer
I have a had a couple ask me, just in the last few weeks, how they can tell if the sonar logs they uploaded have been processed so they can see the changes on their charts. One guy in particular sonar scanned an entire portion of river he was looking to fish during a tournament and wanted the update back before he began fishing. If you go to this page: http://navionics.force.com/kb/articles/en_US/Knowledge_Article/My-Sonar-Log-Status/?q=sonar+table&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1 you can see the sonar logs you have updated and where they are in the processing stage. Generally speaking, it should take between 1 and 2 weeks for them to be completed and able to be downloaded on your Navionics card or app to show you the new topography. Check out the example below:

Replies

• CaptButchCaptButch Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    My logs have been coming back in a week but the charts dont look good at all, not very detailed. Any suggestions on how to map a small lake with better detail?
  • mikenavmikenav Posts: 696 Officer
    A couple thoughts. I don't have any idea how fast you were going, maybe try a slower speed? Another question I would have is what are you looking at the charts on? Plotter? iPad? Phone? Maybe the settings are not set for high SonarChart density? That can be changed.
  • CaptButchCaptButch Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    Thanks. I'll answer in the other thread.