Crystal River Slot Slammin With Huntentails

I want to start off by saying thanks to Bob (huntentails) for taking me fishing. I had a great time and we caught a ton of redfish. I now have an experience to show me how fishing can be for others and that I can actually catch the fish if I'm in the right area. Shallow draft, trolling motor, and powerpole are the 3 most important things that make that type of fishing easier and my whole life I haven't had any of them! Anyways we started off catching red after red mostly small and all on spoons. Bob stuck to topwater like I'm sure Ted does because they want that one fish, which I understand but I wanted to catch my share of reds and I wanted to see if it worked for him before doing so. So all my redfish didn't change his mind then he landed a top of the slot redfish that inhaled his plug! I stuck with the spoon then hooked the first snook! So now I have confidence in the spoon and didn't see a reason to go to topwater. It was exciting all day seeing snook and redfish hitting spoons and topwater. Then I caught a 30" snook and later a 15" trout making it a slot slam for me. We had our limit before noon and the rest of the day was catch and release with many more slot reds. Started off windy but it really turned into a beautiful day.

Go Pro Video

https://youtu.be/_BHfb6jsaUA

Replies

• barhopperADbarhopperAD Posts: 37 Deckhand
    Great fish Justin... Big fan of the youtube channel always checking to see another vid.
  • mobenmoben Posts: 147 Deckhand
    First time Ive ever seen anyone out talk Bobby.
  • huntentailshuntentails Posts: 1,697 Captain
    Don`t kid Yourself he is not just a good camera man
    he is a good fisherman and a pleasure to spend a day
    fishing with! Looking forward to a repeat in the near future
    Justin. Thanks for Sharing a day on the bay. :thumbsup
    :beer
    58c3c16f-8a45-4d30-b16f-bc3107cf4657_zpsplzwx9u1.jpg0af8c5e9-faa1-4c9d-81d3-c711ee6ce6e3_zpsojsft7fc.jpg
  • winshimawinshima Posts: 125 Deckhand
    Awesome video! Slaying the fish!
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,843 Captain
    Holy FISH HEAVEN Batman! You Guys tore them up Big time! Congrads to both of You on having the kind of trip we mere mortals dream about! I love hearing about fellow Forum Bro's Killin it!
    I think that was the longest video you ever posted Justin? Very cool chit!
    Now I could see that You put in at the end ramp on Ft. Island by the end of the video and You can't beleive how stupid this whole awesome trip makes me feel! See I was planning a trip for last Monday and asked Billy and Doc if they would like to go in my Tub the "Rub-a-Dub"? Billy already had plans so that left Doc & myself. Doc asked me where we were going and I told him I was torn between C/R and Y-town? While on the phone w/ him He told me I should flip a coin> Heads = C/R and Tails = Y-town! Well it came up tails so I met Doc @ 7;45 @ Capt. Ed's ramp under an overcast sky and Super high tide. It turned into a really nice day for a boatride w/ one of my fav guys to fish with> You always learn all kinds of cool stuff when out w/Doc!
    I say a boat ride cause we couldn't buy a bite all day! I mean Skunksville USA! I read about all you guys just tearing up the REDS & Snook all the time in Y-town and I've been known to catch a pretty good snuke up there oonce in a while but not last Mondays!! Our final tally for the day after throwing every Dag blasted lure in my two Giant tackle boxes was one small jack, one cut off and one large fish fought for about 5 minutes and lost next to the boat w/o ever seeing it in the muddie water>Grrrrrrr!! I won't say who caught the only fish
    (jack) or lost the other fish cause it just don't matter! Doc said the reasn for the awful Stank Skunk was due to the 1st day of high pressure in what seemed like the Endless Summer had demz fishes all discombobulated and I'd like to beleive him but I just couldn't stop thinking> What was it like South of Crystal River????? Have You Gize ever 2nd guessed Yerself on fishing spots?
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • Scott CrownScott Crown Posts: 661 Officer
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    Great video, looks like a hot fishing day....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,132 Moderator
    Cool ! Spanker be drooling .. :grin
    "You'll get your weather"
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,578 Captain
    That is a great fishing day.
  • Biggary16Biggary16 Posts: 469 Deckhand
    Wow! What an awesome fishing day.
  • TideUpTideUp Posts: 126 Officer
    That is how it's done! Great video and great fish. Hopeful that my spook jr. can work some magic like that this weekend!
    Gainesville Kayak Anglers Club http://www.gkaclub.com
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,946 Admiral