Nice Morning Trip C.R., With Son Catching His Best Snook to Date 10-1 2015

Well its been a little while since I have made it out and with all the daily rain its been tough
with Dad having major issues more and more over the past few weeks and not getting any better I needed a fishing fix! With the youngest son off a work and a favorable tide we settled on yesterday morning and it wasn't` a disappointment we fished out of C.R. and were on fish all morning with a strong out going tide. Robbie caught his best snook to date at 39 & 1/4 inches and I added a 30 inch-er while the hook pulled on a slightly bigger one right before the net and the photo session? The old gal Robbie boated was a nice fish that was in rough shape so she was revived and released her quickly after a couple pictures. We also boated 13 redfish mostly middle slot and upper slot fish and lost a few others? Bait ofthe day was any floating big plug we had in a bright color or white also caught a couple on white jerk baits all in all a great morning of fishing and watching Robbie top his personal best snook on ten pound tackle made it special!

Here are a couple pictures from yesterdays trip
imagejpeg_0_zpska71m4ki.jpg
Snapchat-5452862910535896083_zps6ueghifa.jpg
Snapchat-7710809541926530858_zpsgw7ltpac.jpg
Snapchat-5586700660581552049_zpsoikfwllr.jpg
Snapchat-8564049539845868911_zps0lsk0t7y.jpg
20151001_112702_zpsu3tayq3j.jpg
20151001_105802_zpszlg5ir3m.jpg
58c3c16f-8a45-4d30-b16f-bc3107cf4657_zpsplzwx9u1.jpg0af8c5e9-faa1-4c9d-81d3-c711ee6ce6e3_zpsojsft7fc.jpg

Replies

• winshimawinshima Posts: 125 Deckhand
    Nice Fish. Looks like you had a great day!
  • anglerbros 7286anglerbros 7286 Crystal RiverPosts: 655 Officer
    Awesome trip! Nice reds and snook, making me jealous
  • xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,721 Captain
    Nice healthy looking snook. :thumbsup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,578 Captain
    That is some serious fishing!
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,840 AG
    Nice fish
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • barhopperADbarhopperAD Posts: 37 Deckhand
    Any help on where to look for/target snook around crystal river and yankeetown?
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,256 Officer
    Awesome fish! He's a young man and obviously a good fisherman. At that rate, who knows what his "best Snook to date " will be in the future. He's already up to me. Great Reds also. Not trying to be a wise ***, but he should support the body on big Snook when you hold them up. They live in a weightless world and holding up all that weight by the mouth can damage their muscle structure.
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,541 Captain
    Yep. Some website won't even allow pictures of snook that are held that way. The larger the fish the greater the damage to the spine and Isthmus region.

Great catch nonetheless. Congrats to your boy.
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,843 Captain
    Man You Guys are tearing it up out there! What an awesome trip and topping it off w/ that massive Girl is unreal! Congrads Robbie on a great light tackle catch! I think we have a new Snookmaster in our group?
    Geezes I really hate sounding like a knowitall but since no one else said anything I guess I'll have to be the one. I have been told by guys who know a lot more than myself that you should not hold a big snook (or any other large fish) hanging by the jaw but to carefully support their belly and hold them horizontally. I'm told that holding them vertically by lipping them puts stress on their vertebrae and inerdz?
    I'm not trying in anyway to take away from your Beautiful fish Robbie, just passing on some info to a fellow Snuker! I can see that You are a great fisherman by the posts and photos your Dad has written and shown us and I know we will be seeing You w/ lots of impressive catches in the future!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    Nicely done guys....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • huntentailshuntentails Posts: 1,697 Captain
    Awesome fish! He's a young man and obviously a good fisherman. At that rate, who knows what his "best Snook to date " will be in the future. He's already up to me. Great Reds also. Not trying to be a wise ***, but he should support the body on big Snook when you hold them up. They live in a weightless world and holding up all that weight by the mouth can damage their muscle structure.
    Yep. Some website won't even allow pictures of snook that are held that way. The larger the fish the greater the damage to the spine and Isthmus region.

Great catch nonetheless. Congrats to your boy.
    Man You Guys are tearing it up out there! What an awesome trip and topping it off w/ that massive Girl is unreal! Congrads Robbie on a great light tackle catch! I think we have a new Snookmaster in our group?
    Geezes I really hate sounding like a knowitall but since no one else said anything I guess I'll have to be the one. I have been told by guys who know a lot more than myself that you should not hold a big snook (or any other large fish) hanging by the jaw but to carefully support their belly and hold them horizontally. I'm told that holding them vertically by lipping them puts stress on their vertebrae and inerdz?
    I'm not trying in anyway to take away from your Beautiful fish Robbie, just passing on some info to a fellow Snuker! I can see that You are a great fisherman by the posts and photos your Dad has written and shown us and I know we will be seeing You w/ lots of impressive catches in the future!!

Thanks Guy`s and I had already explained the
    position that people would take by a picture hanging from the jaw
    :nono And I will say it was as much my fault as his for letting it happen.
    At thirty-nine and a 1/4 inches he won`t soon forget after the cost for
    he gets the from the taxidermy bill and I am, sure he will inform others
    it hurts the fish to take a picture like that!

I told him the very thing You Guy`s are saying and I thank all of You for Your thoughts
    after reading this and me telling him on the water he is in total agreement and said if he
    ever takes another picture of a big fish like that of any kind to be released he will be laying
    on the deck next to it so it is supported completely!
    We hope we did no damage to her and we did watch
    her swim off.
    58c3c16f-8a45-4d30-b16f-bc3107cf4657_zpsplzwx9u1.jpg0af8c5e9-faa1-4c9d-81d3-c711ee6ce6e3_zpsojsft7fc.jpg
  • finbullyfinbully Posts: 697 Officer
    nicely said OP and a great trip.

thanks to those who reminded us to take best care of this cherished resource!
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,946 Admiral