Red Afternoon Delight 10/1

BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,727 Captain
Duane and I slipped out at the early part of the day, noon to be exact, taking Crusty to see if we could scare up some reds before the rain came down.

We went to an area that I've never been before, Duane hadn't been in years, and we spent most of the trip fishing the same area. We put twelve keeper reds in the boat and Duane managed a snook after another one got off earlier. It might have been a keeper but it started to bleed so we quickly revived it. Spent some time doing some scouting for Duane and picked up a few reds in that area too. Most fish came on the gold spoon.

Got a little wet coming back in but it was a great few hours with Duane as always. We kept our limit of four for a fish fry. Pictures to prove we caught fish.

Bill
"And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."

Replies

• CrabtrapCrabtrap Posts: 210 Deckhand
    12 keepers'! Wow! Looks like a good spot to back to. Thanks for the report.
  • winshimawinshima Posts: 125 Deckhand
    Sounds like a great day! Awesome fish!
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,256 Officer
    Nice! Are you sure Duane didn't let you hold one of his fish?:grin
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,727 Captain
    Nice! Are you sure Duane didn't let you hold one of his fish?:grin

He did catch more than I did because I was too stubborn to switch to a gold spoon. You did notice we went out at noon and not before the chickens got up didn't you? :)

Bill
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,474 AG
    Billy wrote: »
    Duane and I slipped out at the early part of the day, noon to be exact, taking Crusty to see if we could scare up some reds before the rain came down.

We went to an area that I've never been before, Duane hadn't been in years, and we spent most of the trip fishing the same area. We put twelve keeper reds in the boat and Duane managed a snook after another one got off earlier. It might have been a keeper but it started to bleed so we quickly revived it. Spent some time doing some scouting for Duane and picked up a few reds in that area too. Most fish came on the gold spoon.

Got a little wet coming back in but it was a great few hours with Duane as always. We kept our limit of four for a fish fry. Pictures to prove we caught fish.

Bill

BASTAGES!! I'm jones ing to get back down there to BB. May not be for a week or two.:banghead

:beer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    I like it.....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • Skeeter08Skeeter08 Posts: 175 Officer
    I haven't tried a spoon in awhile maybe its time to dust them off. Nice catch
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,981 Admiral
    Very nice.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,541 Captain
    He did catch more than I did because I was too stubborn to switch to a gold spoon.

Now this is a problem Billy has had for a long time. Maybe all of his life. Inshore or offshore, I call it failure to get with the program. Even if you can get him to switch to whatever is working, he's back using some weird bait or lure in no time at all.

Maybe he's a born experimentalist. Nah --- He's just stubborn. :grin
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 2,021 Captain
    Looks like Duane found a good area-again! Yeah, Billy's stubborn, whether it's gold spoons or "Blue Moon"!! Nice day fishing, you hammered the reds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am stubborn and I'm often too lazy to change lures.

Or I like trying different things to see if they will work too...yeah that's it. :)

Bill
    ****! They have your picture up again!

There needs to be a rule against pictures of ugly guys. But you look a lot better in pictures than in real life. :blowkiss
    ****! They have your picture up again!

There needs to be a rule against pictures of ugly guys. But you look a lot better in pictures than in real life. :blowkiss

I get on the front page because I post interesting posts with decent pictures.

I mean, who can resist this, a nice picture of me and Louie. :)

Bill
    me.jpg 43.2K
  • keypondkeypond Posts: 2,017 Captain
    :thumbsup
    Chris

Reel Time w/Florida Sportsman Guest Host
    Sight Fishing AJ's, Say What
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCSPHOHuw-M&list=UU7OK0PWEO7jknYHsykHcjaA&index=1&feature=plcp
  • WindsplitterWindsplitter Posts: 617 Officer
    So many great out of the way places to fish on the nature coast when you have a small skiff. As for Billy being stubborn, well some times, but as the water cools down his style of fishing will probably be the hot hand. another great day in the creeks.
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,843 Captain
    Nice Snook Duane! That looked like a really fun trip, well most of your backwater trips are!! Maybe I can hire you to guide me back in there if you give me Senior rates? I'm tired of waiting for Billy to take me! I deam of going back in there and flyfishing those shallow areas where you gize fish! I'll PM you about it and see if we can maybe set something up?

Oh and as for Billy being Stubborn, The one time we snook fished together / Doc in my boat he lost a good one at boatside right after I caught one and told him how important it is to use a heavy leader w/ these girls! I was using 60lb leader, I think he was using 20lb, remember that one Doc?? Stuborn or not I know he's a hell of a fisherman but I'm not sure if he catches more redfish or beerfish???
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,205 Admiral
    Billy wrote: »
    I get on the front page because I post interesting posts with decent pictures.

I mean, who can resist this, a nice picture of me and Louie. :)

Bill

I see you added your bucket list! Awesome work guys.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

That's a great picture.

Billy has redefined the meaning of a bucket list! :wink
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,843 Captain
    That's a great picture.

Billy has redefined the meaning of a bucket list! :wink

Thats a good one Doc but looking at this photo and knowing both these guys I think it's a toss up on who's "bucket list" it is? Seeing them both in action I wouldn't place a bet on which one of them can catch and consume the most Beerfish? Wow just thinking about t makes my head hurt!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • Biggary16Biggary16 Posts: 469 Deckhand
    A great trip guys. Those backwater reds have some great colors.
    Biggary16 wrote: »
    Those backwater reds have some great colors.

It's one of the neat things about fishing back in the creeks as the fish seem to look even better. :)

Bill
  • SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,205 Admiral
    Thats a good one Doc but looking at this photo and knowing both these guys I think it's a toss up on who's "bucket list" it is? Seeing them both in action I wouldn't place a bet on which one of them can catch and consume the most Beerfish? Wow just thinking about t makes my head hurt!!

Well at least the bottle bass were jumping!
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,946 Admiral
    I expect nothing less UB.
  • barhopper51barhopper51 Posts: 561 Officer
    Spoon feeding the reds. Nice going guys.