Home General Fishing

Where do you buy your x-raps?

Snookman77Snookman77 Posts: 1,099 Officer
I'm looking to buy some x-rap saltwater 14's, but they are really expensive. I can't find any under $14-$15. Anybody know where I can get some for around $12? I can buy a couple dozen at a time to get the price down.

Thanks.

Replies

• mara5mara5 Posts: 159 Deckhand
    FishandSave.com had them for 10.89 a short time ago.
  • Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,403 Captain
    Rapala sets the price, any retailers selling their products for anything other than map pricing won't be selling their products long. Try supporting your local shop, it's easy to help out a familiar face.
  • Snookman77Snookman77 Posts: 1,099 Officer
    Rapala sets the price, any retailers selling their products for anything other than map pricing won't be selling their products long. Try supporting your local shop, it's easy to help out a familiar face.

I'll buy them from Amazon for $15 rather than $18 - $20 at my local shops.
  • JoeGiulJoeGiul Posts: 453 Deckhand
    At the Marine Flea Markets like the one in Pompano you can usually find someone selling NIB for a pretty good price.
    Joe G.
    Lighthouse Point
    Snookman77 wrote: »
    I'll buy them from Amazon for $15 rather than $18 - $20 at my local shops.

They're 14.99 at my local shop and everyone else's, but knock yourself out.
    They're 14.99 at my local shop and everyone else's, but knock yourself out.

The size 14's? 17.99 at Fishing HQ in Jupiter and $16.29 at Juno bait.
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,419 Admiral
    The size 14's? 17.99 at Fishing HQ in Jupiter and $16.29 at Juno bait.

maybe if you bought stuff from juno on a regular basis , they'd cut you a discount.

$15.99 @ ****. get a $10 off $50 coupon and they are less than that.

they are $14.99 @ cabelas.

try the savage gear manic prey 6" or 6 1/2" they are $11 in my local shop.
    johnD wrote: »
    maybe if you bought stuff from juno on a regular basis , they'd cut you a discount.

$15.99 @ ****. get a $10 off $50 coupon and they are less than that.

they are $14.99 @ cabelas.

Those would be great, but my local shop doesn't carry them. Where is this?

I'm in Fishing HQ almost every day, they won't cut me anything.
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,962 Captain
    These threads make my head hurt
    johnD wrote: »

The manic prey plugs sink like a rock. They're tough as nails, and they cast ok, but you'll need to be very familiar with where you fish them. The daiwa salt pro tracks like a crystal minnow, but casts better than an xrap. They're $9.99, but you'll want to replace the hardware.
    And for the record, this is the manufacturers advertised price. You shouldn't be paying any more, or any less for the 14.
  • Austins26Austins26 Posts: 1,989 Captain
    I have caught some monsters on the 14 jointed all colors I've paid between $15-17.00 each not cheap but well worth
    The Original HOTD poster
    680k views 360 plus posts Deleted by a so called Mod over a little cleavage

member since Oct 1998 long before most of You
    Austins26 wrote: »
    I have caught some monsters on the 14 jointed all colors I've paid between $15-17.00 each not cheap but well worth

The jointed model is a super shad rap #13, definitely an effective plug, but they don't cast as well as the #14. They also run a bit deeper than the #14 xrap.
  • Austins26Austins26 Posts: 1,989 Captain
    Dough I stand corrected your Rite ODC I have caught hundreds of huge snuke an quite a few Tarpon trolling the 14 X raps ( all colors)

The jointed model is a super shad rap #13, definitely an effective plug, but they don't cast as well as the #14. They also run a bit deeper than the #14 xrap.
    The Original HOTD poster
    680k views 360 plus posts Deleted by a so called Mod over a little cleavage

member since Oct 1998 long before most of You
    Austins26 wrote: »
    Dough I stand corrected your Rite ODC I have caught hundreds of huge snuke an quite a few Tarpon trolling the 14 X raps ( all colors)

They're both awesome plugs. Evidently it's not easy to mass produce a plug that casts well, tracks well, and won't blow apart when a toad hammers it right at your feet (like a 17a will). The xraps and daiwa salt pros are pretty much the only plastic lures I use. I pay 30-40$ for a lot of the surface plugs I use, and don't have a problem feeding them to sharks. 15$ for a lipped swimmer that'll probably outlive the majority of my poppers and land twice as many fish seems pretty fair to me.
    They're both awesome plugs. Evidently it's not easy to mass produce a plug that casts well, tracks well, and won't blow apart when a toad hammers it right at your feet (like a 17a will). The xraps and daiwa salt pros are pretty much the only plastic lures I use. I pay 30-40$ for a lot of the surface plugs I use, and don't have a problem feeding them to sharks. 15$ for a lipped swimmer that'll probably outlive the majority of my poppers and land twice as many fish seems pretty fair to me.

I'd pay $15, no problem, but no one has them here for that price. West Marine is at $18-$19.

What is the name of the shop where the picture was taken and where is it located?
    I'd pay $15, no problem, but no one has them here for that price. West Marine is at $18-$19.

What is the name of the shop where the picture was taken and where is it located?

Harry Goode's Outdoor Shop, downtown Melbourne. They can ship them to you if you're not up for the drive.
    Harry Goode's Outdoor Shop, downtown Melbourne.

Too far from me. The only place I see them for $14.99 is amazon.
    Harry Goode's Outdoor Shop, downtown Melbourne. They can ship them to you if you're not up for the drive.

I just saw the part about shipping. What is the shipping cost?
  • Trout TamerTrout Tamer Posts: 36 Deckhand
    learn to throw a cast net and use the real thing.. its free... what a concept.
    learn to throw a cast net and use the real thing.. its free... what a concept.

I know how to throw a concept. I ENJOY using lures 1000x more than I ENJOY using live bait.

Lures: Twitch, twitch, twitch........SLAM!
    Live bait: Sit, Sit, Sit, drink, sit, drink.....SLAM!
    I know how to throw a concept. I ENJOY using lures 1000x more than I ENJOY using live bait.

Lures: Twitch, twitch, twitch........SLAM!
    Live bait: Sit, Sit, Sit, drink, sit, drink.....SLAM!
    That's not the only way to fish live bait.....cracks me up every time:o

Live bait can be fished just like a lure.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,928 AG
    Reel Teal wrote: »

Shhhh....No it can't :wink....he likes lures...they are awesome and better than live bait.....:grin
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you

Won't that kill the bait?
    If you twitch it like you are on meth then yes, you probably will kill it. Fast, repetitive popping motions you use when fishing a hard twitchbait don't work well with live baits necessarily.
    If you twitch it like you are on meth then yes, you probably will kill it. Fast, repetitive popping motions you use when fishing a hard twitchbait don't work well with live baits necessarily.

With or without a lead?
    I take it your still at the jetties, so with weight bc of the current. A lot of times on the flats or around docks and mangroves weight isnt needed at all. Place the live bait like you would a lure and move it like so. Its like one of those jointed baits but moves more natural
  • John HaggertyJohn Haggerty Posts: 225 Deckhand
    In order, what are your favorite colors?
  • onICEonICE Posts: 988 Officer
    In order, what are your favorite colors?
    1. Glass Ghost
    everything else

Also, As much as I love the things, I have honestly been through probably 50 over the last 2 seasons. I fish them HARD in the summer on the beach through october and I generally can pull about 5-7 fish with one depending on the size and where they get hooked before they A)Track goofy or B) the rear hook breaks off and starts to fall out. I do beat the heck out of them and have caught many snook over 40" on them but man I have donated a lot of money to rapala over the years...