2015 Southshore Anglers Longest Redfish Tournament

Fished it saturday and took my fiancé and Uncle with me. Until yesterday she has only ever caught 1 Red in her whole life. We went where I was on a big school Friday but they never showed up. We moved and she got a 20 inch fish. We ran 15 miles north and I knew it was a bad call. We ran back to Fort Desoto and we found them. We wrecked them with double hookups for 20 minutes then they shut back down. My biggest was 32 and hers was 31.5

We get to the weigh in and see alot of 27 to 28 fish turned in. Turns out I won it and Britt won 2nd. I got another golf cart and she won us a 2 night stay in Anna Maria Island on the beach. They said I am the only one to win this tournament two times before. I am super stoked because the $$ when I sell the cart is going to help with our wedding coming up.

G2080247_1443283417336_high-01_zpsrgrlbixl.jpeg

20150926_095855-01_zpsiqkzoe2t.jpeg

Screenshot_2015-09-27-15-24-24_zpsagaz9azc.png

IMG_20150929_110738_zpsvkwg7mua.jpg

Replies

• stpetebaitmanstpetebaitman Posts: 893 Officer
    That is awesome. Congrats on the win and wedding Tony
  • fsuadamsfsuadams Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    Great story and congrats on the win!

Camping at Fort Desoto this weekend, where did you find the reds?
  • FusionZ06FusionZ06 Posts: 970 Officer
    Dibs on the Golf Kart :) Hook a brotha up, how much?
  • SouthshoreSlayerSouthshoreSlayer Posts: 408 Officer
    fsuadams wrote: »
    Great story and congrats on the win!

Camping at Fort Desoto this weekend, where did you find the reds?

The reds are on the move. Where I found them Friday they were not there Saturday. Look for mangrove shorelines lined with mullet and you should find some Reds.
    FusionZ06 wrote: »
    Dibs on the Golf Kart :) Hook a brotha up, how much?

I'm putting it up for $5,700. It is DOT approved as a LSV so you can register it and get a tag. Legal to drive on roads with a 35mph and less speed limit. This one is a 2012. I am seeing 2008 carts go for $5,500. For a FS member I'll let it go for $5,200.
  • Bassin AssassinBassin Assassin Posts: 1,248 Officer
    hohum... Tony wins again. Nice work!
    Improve Our Fishery - Practice Catch and Release