Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Port Canaveral User fee

I don't know how factual this is , but does anyone have any information on the port starting a users fee for the ramps and for the guys that are chartering out from there. if so who started this and got it approved without anyone knowing it was coming. If this is true why were we the populace not informed of it. From what I was told do not know how true it is it was passed by the port authority anyone care to bring all of us up to date and thanks for reading this I'm just tired of being railroaded (pardon the pun) into something that I and a lot of others don't care for.

Replies

• bay20bay20 Posts: 1,490 Officer
    It got shot down the other day, just days after they got rid of that knucklehead John Walsh
  • gatorhookgatorhook Posts: 657 Officer
    Drove down there last night. Didn't see any toll booths to the ramp. Chalk this one up as BS for now.
  • bay20bay20 Posts: 1,490 Officer
    gatorhook wrote: »
    Drove down there last night. Didn't see any toll booths to the ramp. Chalk this one up as BS for now.
    it has nothing to do with charging people to use the public ramp, it was aimed at charter captains who trailer their boats to the ramp, the port authority wanted to charge them a $1000.00 a year to use the ramp for their business.
  • gatorhookgatorhook Posts: 657 Officer
    Well, I say that's pretty reasonable considering the charter rates. Parks charge hefty operator fees for buisness' launching even kayaks. As for Recs, not good at all. But I am sure that in some wave of this whole PC build-out it will happen just like Sebastian.....
  • captryan5878captryan5878 Posts: 204 Deckhand
    The dollar figure on that revenue would be pretty insignificant for the port. If they need more money, they can further tax the corporate giants at the port ie. the mouse, carnival, royal, and the fuel farms. Glad it didnt pass
  • HighSpeedPursuitHighSpeedPursuit Posts: 177 Deckhand
    Sounds like b.s most of these people are Brevard county residents, sure seems like tax dollars should be paying for that.
    bay20 wrote: »
    it has nothing to do with charging people to use the public ramp, it was aimed at charter captains who trailer their boats to the ramp, the port authority wanted to charge them a $1000.00 a year to use the ramp for their business.
  • miss_rachmiss_rach Posts: 177 Deckhand
    With all the $$$ pouring in from all the cruise ships why would the port worry about some $$$ from charter or weekend fishermen.