Home Fly Fishing

Coming to Panama City Beach Oct 3

windsurfmtwindsurfmt Posts: 2 Greenhorn
Hey,
I'll be in PC for a week visiting the gf. Planning to bring fly gear. Anyone have any advice for this time of year? Or, want to meet up and fish? I have a ton of experience, just haven't fished there before. Gladly provide gas to anyone needing crew for a skiff or bay boat...
thx
dave in Montana
406 544 0575

Replies

• Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    The pompano bite will pick up and can be quite good walking the beach. The mullet are pushing down the bars so there are reds and blacktips following them. Of course, there is an abundance of ladyfish, bluefish, and jacks cruising as well. Look for light north winds and if this rain doesnt dirty the water, you should have some shots on fish.

In the bays, the redfish bite has been very good. The water has cooled some and they are becoming more aggressive and willing to eat. The trout bite is pretty good, but I don't really fish for them and can't give you any specifics.
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
  • What Redfish said. As for the trout, hit the flats on a falling tide, many of which are reachable by wading from shore, and us green poppers. Don't be surprised if you pick up a redfish doing that. The nearest fly shop is in Watercolor west on 30a from PCB, it is called Old Florida Outfitters. They keep current of where the action is and what the fish are hitting.
  • tonzeejeetonzeejee Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Walk the beach for big bull redfish with big clousers.
  • How did you do? Does your girlfriend live down there? If so, I met her while I was fly fishing the surf on the west end. She said her boyfriend was coming down to fish from Montana.