Beach Diving Fort Lauderdale 10-13-11

Kaptan KKaptan K Posts: 90 Deckhand
Got in the water around 9. Still sort of cloudy but SO much better than when I tried to get out on Tuesday. (On Tuesday the vis was about 5' so I didn't even try) Today the vis was probably about 20', maybe more. Hardly any current to speak of. I did not see a single jellyfish this trip. I think I've been out half a dozen times since lobster season started and this was the first time I didn't see any jellies. Managed to get my limit of bugs for the first time. Which was pretty awesome:

My previous personal "record" was 3 in one trip, so to finally get a limit was nice. Also, there was a massive school of jack that kept popping up and disappearing. One second I'd be completely surrounded by as many fish as I could see in every direction and then they were gone. I was concerned about whatever might be chasing them, but never saw it if there was anything. I didn't see any lionfish this trip, which I'm glad for. On the way home I noticed someone lost what looks like a dive watch. I would have picked it up, but it had already been run over a few times:

I definitely was glad to make it out today!

Replies