FREE FISHING TRIP for any active duty military or veteran of any kind

I am offering a one day free fishing trip for any active duty military or veteran and their family or friends.

The rules are simple, must be an active duty soldier or veteran of any kind, and must be able to fish on the weekend (I have a day job).

My name is Kelley Allen and I am a veteran of the United States Marine Corps and love fishing. I want to give back to my fellow veterans by offering them a chance to experience something that I truly love to do! FISH!

My co-captain's name is Angelo Grosso and he is also a veteran as he served in the United States Navy. Him and I have been fishing together for over 2 years.

My boat is a 30 foot center console with twin 300 HP engines capable of going offshore all the way to the Bahamas!

We are very successful (most times) when we go out fishing and would love to share the experience with the military community.

This trip is completely free with no strings attached. This is a small thanks to all of those who serve and have served.

Please email me [email protected] or call me 561-451-5488 to set up a trip. All trips leave out of the Alsdorf Ramp on 14th street in Pompano Beach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJYokL57k5g

Read more: http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?202997-FREE-FISHING-TRIP-for-any-active-duty-military-or-veteran-of-any-kind#ixzz3m173v7Cp
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

Replies

• mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    Very cool! :USA
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • former bluefishinnyformer bluefishinny Posts: 1,475 Officer
    Very very nice! I live in Sarasota, former West Palm guy.... and an 8 year Navy vet (served on a Gator for 4)... Id take you up on it, bit of a hike for me. But thank you for your generosity!
  • rhino2000rhino2000 Posts: 184 Officer
    Very very nice! I live in Sarasota, former West Palm guy.... and an 8 year Navy vet (served on a Gator for 4)... Id take you up on it, bit of a hike for me. But thank you for your generosity!

Please spread the word, I would like to get a few weekends booked with some awesome veterans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.
  • T-LUV2T-LUV2 Posts: 389 Officer
    I just wanted to say to all that I met Kelly through this forum A little over a year ago. He invited my son and I to go dolphin fishing one day and let me tell you what a blast that was! We ended up catching some good fish that day but better yet, he is a cool person along with Angelo, who also fished with us that day. Ive hung out with them outside of fishing and they are fun to hang with !! As you can see in the picture, he has a beautiful boat that's rigged to fish. Kelly is an all-around cool person who also has a great family!! Take him up on that offer and I promise you will not be disappointed!!

Good job Kelly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    T-LUV2 wrote: »
    I just wanted to say to all that I met Kelly through this forum A little over a year ago. He invited my son and I to go dolphin fishing one day and let me tell you what a blast that was! We ended up catching some good fish that day but better yet, he is a cool person along with Angelo, who also fished with us that day. Ive hung out with them outside of fishing and they are fun to hang with !! As you can see in the picture, he has a beautiful boat that's rigged to fish. Kelly is an all-around cool person who also has a great family!! Take him up on that offer and I promise you will not be disappointed!!

Good job Kelly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tear tear.....:USA
  • mr300smr300s Posts: 282 Officer
    Thats pretty awesome of you keep up the good work and Semper Fi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Custom Phone Cases, and Wounded Warrior Cases
    https://www.etsy.com/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop
  • ShutitDOTnetShutitDOTnet Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Thats **** man my jarhead(purple heart recipient) brother doesn't fish or else i'd tell him to take you up on it.. That's great what your doing I wish there were more people in the world like you... hope you get some guys/gals out there..
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Officer
    Way to pay it forward. Thank you both for your service!:USA
  • gsweavergsweaver Posts: 844 Officer
    :USA excellent gesture sir. thanks for your service, and I hope someone takes you up on the offer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2012 DUSKY 227XF SUZUKI 175
  • nbseafrognbseafrog Posts: 521 Officer
    Awesome offer, Rhino! I'm an Army vet (82nd Airborne 86-90) and would love to take you up on the offer. However, I also own a boat and would not feel right taking an opportunity from a Brother who is boat-less. Maybe we could find a Saturday (football on Sundays!) that you don't have a vet lined up and we can split the expense 3 ways. I have a 21 SeaCraft- great riding boat but a little small to comfortably fish 3 adults.
    Catch 'em up!

Nick
  • captrvcaptrv Posts: 146 Officer
    First class move brother!
  • Lucky Hook IILucky Hook II Posts: 473 Deckhand
    nbseafrog wrote: »
    Awesome offer, Rhino! I'm an Army vet (82nd Airborne 86-90) and would love to take you up on the offer. However, I also own a boat and would not feel right taking an opportunity from a Brother who is boat-less. Maybe we could find a Saturday (football on Sundays!) that you don't have a vet lined up and we can split the expense 3 ways. I have a 21 SeaCraft- great riding boat but a little small to comfortably fish 3 adults.

nbseafrog,

I was in 82nd (2/325AIR) 93-94, what unit were you in?
    Capt. Jorge Fernandez
    www.luckyhookcharters.com
  • nbseafrognbseafrog Posts: 521 Officer
    Hey Jorge!

I was just up Ardennes from you in D Co, 3/504PIR 86-90. STRIKE HOLD!!!
    Catch 'em up!

Nick
  • stebfishstebfish Posts: 159 Deckhand
    Awesome gesture sir! I am trying to contact my nephew who lives in Fort Lauderdale. He served in Iraq. he could certainly use this. his younger brother has been missing for over a month now. i hope i can hook him up with you. Way to go and thank you for protecting the USA!
  • RobbrRobbr Posts: 28 Greenhorn
    Rhino, I'm a former Navy Aircrewman and would love to fish with you. I just moved to WPB from Destin and know little or nothing about fishing down here. Also, I used to work on charter boats so I have no problem cleaning the boat or cleaning fish. As for pitching in for gas, bait or tackle I'd be more than happy to pay my way.

Great gesture Man. Very cool!

Rob
    Fair winds and following seas.

Rob
  • NickNutNickNut Posts: 230 Deckhand
    I'll echo what's been said already - really great gesture man. Good luck to you and the lucky people who'll go with you.
  • Reel PriorityReel Priority Posts: 80 Greenhorn
    Way to give back and thanks for your service. You may want to look up an organization called Freedom Fighters Outdoors which is out of Lighthouse Point, which does what you are doing.
    Way to give back and thanks for your service. You may want to look up an organization called Freedom Fighters Outdoors which is out of Lighthouse Point, which does what you are doing.

Great advice Reel Priority, I sure will do that!

BTW, our first trip is this Saturday, I will post a report on Sunday.