?????BASH?????

Replies

• mLuMaN83mLuMaN83 Posts: 108 Officer
  • Little_GeneLittle_Gene Posts: 371 Deckhand
    butchbal wrote: »
    I'll be there, just say when!:willynilly

THIS!

BASH BASH BASH!

EDIT: 13th, I'm busy, 19th,20, I'm busy, Free the weekend of 26,27. Oct 2-5 out of town.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,162 Moderator
    Ruff One wrote: »
    I'll vote for the 26th. Same place, same times, all sound good.

X2 It's gonna be hot so that will factor in on the where but I'm OK with the Loft as a forum member owns it.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 1,645 Captain
    There are a bunch of you folks that I would sure like to meet but, is it a "BASH" or a "local get together"?
    Not sayin I will not try to make it, just a bit prohibitive for a lot of people on the north end.
    Maybe a little more planning and notice, and a more "middle ground" spot would help EVERYONE have a chance to meet up?
    Fishing tournament and BBQ in Cedar Key. Plenty of places for people to stay(hotels, condos and camp grounds) and options for inshore and offshore.
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,728 Captain
    4WARD wrote: »
    There are a bunch of you folks that I would sure like to meet but, is it a "BASH" or a "local get together"?
    Not sayin I will not try to make it, just a bit prohibitive for a lot of people on the north end.
    Maybe a little more planning and notice, and a more "middle ground" spot would help EVERYONE have a chance to meet up?
    Fishing tournament and BBQ in Cedar Key. Plenty of places for people to stay(hotels, condos and camp grounds) and options for inshore and offshore.

It's just a get together for a few hours and The Loft is pretty much central even to Cedar Key.

We have done this a number of times including at Captain Ed's place which is "up north." It's a fur piece from southern parts of Homosassa. I'm not saying Cedar Key is out of the question but then it would be as far for some in the southern part as The Loft is for the northern folks.

I learned a long time ago nothing is perfect for everyone. :)

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
    "It's just a get together for a few hours"
    That is all I was sayin.
    Billy,
    There are a lot of people on here that are all the way up in Lake City and beyond, the loft is not a central location.
    Nothing can be good for EVERYONE and I too learned that a long time ago.
    I just tossed something out there that I think other people like myself may want to say.
    I'll still buy you a beer though:beer
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,843 Captain
    Billy,
    There are a lot of people on here that are all the way up in Lake City and beyond, the loft is not a central location.
    I just tossed something out there that I think other people like myself may want to say.

Well I haven't said a word since starting this post, figured no one would care what I say anyway so I just sat back andlet iit take off> I kinda figured it would!
    But after seeing you Northerners posting about how far the Bashez are and have been from Y'all got me thinkin, there I go thinkin again!Anyway why don't allY'all have yer own Bash up yonder? Hell Louie said it's just gonna be a meet and greet anyway on short notice which means ther won't be enough time for Louis to round up any free goodies like he did for some of our other bashes! Everyone likesfree stuff but it ain't mandatory to have agreat time w/ these good folks we've all been chating w/on the Forum! Hell Louie and I were just talking about this very thing over a bunch of cold ones yesterday! He said that he thinks that you folks up northshould organize one also! So this wasn't just me "thinkin" on my own! It's not hard, one guy writes Bash in a post just likeI did then everyone interested joins in andhashes out the details! Thats all here is too it! Hell I'll bet if Capt. Louie is up at his Steinhatchee Campat the time, he might join in w/ ya unless his Old Lady has him duct taped in a tree stand hunting up some grub!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • Rick1-2Rick1-2 HorseshoePosts: 964 Officer
    Jim311 wrote: »
    Well then I think we should also plan a fishing trip where we all get together and fish and hang out :cool:

jim that would be awesome a bash sound fun too but fishing and hanging out would be awesome
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    Some of the first bashes was at Crackers and or Capt Eds yankeetown marina. We even had a forum member open his condo up in Cedar Key for a bash. Even had a couple in Gainesville and just about everywhere in between... There is no perfect time or place for everyone to meet and greet...
    Anyone can post up "lets have a get together at such a time and place"... We even had a few lunch get togethers here in Ocala....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 2,187 Captain
    I have the Florida Farmers Invitational Tournament down in Cabbage Key on the 26th. I always seem to miss these, so have a cold one for me :beer and I'll try to make the next one. I've only had the pleasure of meeting a couple of you characters so hopefully one day I'll make it.

And I will drink it. :)

I realize that the Loft is not really central but it's not exactly in my backyard either.

And having one at Cedar Key is a great idea. Maybe one that is more than just a meet and greet get together. It would take some planning so someone would have to volunteer to set it up. The ones we have had lately is more like just show up at a bar and we'll drink a few beers so no real planning is needed.

Bill
    Maybe a second M&G is possible ? Like a week or so later ? Say , up around Steinhatchee ?

If you upper region folks think you may want to..
  • brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 3,413 Captain
    capt louie wrote: »
    Maybe a second M&G is possible ? Like a week or so later ? Say , up around Steinhatchee ?

If you upper region folks think you may want to..

I like that idea. Been wanting to meet some of you folks that fish around the Hatch anyway.
    I've been there 10 years or so.
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,946 Admiral
    Are the Bashes fun!
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 2,044 Captain
    PONCE wrote: »
    Are the Bashes fun!
    Better then a stripper on a greased pole!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And if I remember right, you haven't missed one in the last 10 years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PONCE wrote: »
    Are the Bashes fun!

Course they are and as my adopted nephew, I'm your Uncle Billy after all, you need to attend this one too.

Bill
  • Biggary16Biggary16 Posts: 469 Deckhand
    So I am guessing that we are good for the Loft on the afternoon of the 26th. I was there a couple weeks ago and they have some new wait staff that were really good (in more ways than 1). And their wings are really good.
    So I am guessing that we are good for the Loft on the afternoon of the 26th

Seems so ? It's archery season so understandable if some may not attend due to it.
    I think we'll be back Captain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Billy wrote: »
    Course they are and as my adopted nephew, I'm your Uncle Billy after all, you need to attend this one too.

Bill

If I am in town Uncle I will be there.
    And if I remember right, you haven't missed one in the last 10 years.

Haha they are fun
    I think we'll be back Captain.

:cool:
  • Wishin i was fishinWishin i was fishin Dunnellon FlPosts: 936 Officer
    Im good for any date except the 1st weekend in October.
    I will be out of town for a week or better so it will be up to you guys to decide .
    Well then how about Sept 26. Three o'clock till when ever at the usual place, the Loft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,193 AG
    Out of town. :driver:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
    Billy wrote: »
    And I will drink it. :)

I realize that the Loft is not really central but it's not exactly in my backyard either.

And having one at Cedar Key is a great idea. Maybe one that is more than just a meet and greet get together. It would take some planning so someone would have to volunteer to set it up. The ones we have had lately is more like just show up at a bar and we'll drink a few beers so no real planning is needed.

Bill

Jigger is no longer available though in CK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
    Billy,

Beyond you are getting into the NW section.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.