Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Vilano Beach

Hey guys... East Central guy here and will be staying on Vilano Beach for Labor Day weekend.
Gonna fish the beach with artificials. What are you catching and do you have any recommendations? Any reds on the beach up there? Will probably throw spoons, storm swim baits, jig head with gulp shrimp, blah blah blah...
What do you think?
Thank you for your feedback.

Replies

• NBredfishNBredfish Posts: 205 Deckhand
    Tough fishing with artificials from the sand. You'll do much better soaking shrimp \ sandfleas \ mullet. With the storm expected to dump a bunch of rain here between Tues & Sat, the fishing will likely be off from all of the fresh water.
  • twirptwirp Posts: 1,128 Officer
    Not sure about Vilano, but we throw a mullet looking fly just into, sometimes just past the foam on an incoming tide. We've caught plenty of redfish all summer walking the beach and sight casting the reds. Look for troughs and cuts that water will get into fist, the kinda keep an eye in the ankle to calf deep water.

My friends wife throws paddle tails on an 1/8th ounce jig head and that almost always works too. We like DOA in new penny and plain old white.
    Pathfinder-Logo-300x103.jpg
  • fsu11fsu11 Posts: 2,098 Captain
    Brad im always looking for somewhere with lots of room to practice fly fishing and the beach sounds perfect on early morning or late evening if i can find a secluded spot. To the OP sorry i have 0 experience fishing artifical on the beach so i am no help there
  • BeeknBeekn Posts: 136 Deckhand
    Thanks nbred and twirp. A red in the surf would be awesome. Thanks again.