Questions about Fire Extinguishers and Bluewater Binoculars

FlashFlash Posts: 11,144 AG
What do you all do with your outdated fire extinguishers? Heave them in the trash, discharge them first (if they work) or take them someplace?

also, found an old set of bluewater binoculars, but they are pretty dirty. Anyone know of a place that might clean them up?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Replies

• FS DanFS Dan Posts: 2,353 Moderator
    there a good "just in case" for the garage at home. As long as they still are holding pressure.

As for the binoculars, I would get some of those lens wipes from walgreens and see what they look like.
    As for spending any money on them, I would first determine their value and make any descision from there.

FSD
    Formerly Catmandew
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,144 AG
    outside is easy to fix up, it is the inside that is still a mess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • tailchaser16tailchaser16 Posts: 652 Officer
    call you local fire department, some stations take them
  • CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,424 Officer
    If they are of the CO2 variety, they work well for helping you dispatch venomous snakes in a place where you can clean up a little mess,
    but wouldn't be able to shoot or club one without causing unwanted collateral damage.

Or cooling a 6 pack of drinks or anything else you might need to "freeze spray".:grin

I say......I say son.......new & improved my tail feathers.

• The Cat's EyeThe Cat's Eye Posts: 1,271 Officer
    You could just take apart the binoculars since they are basically worthless in their present state and you have nothing to lose. I once had a guest drop a pair of my favorite Pentax pair and it dislodged the prism inside. I was successful in repairing it myself, and it wasn't that difficult. You would need a spanner wrench and a set of jewelers screwdrivers. Go to this link for the steps involved.

https://www.trails.com/how_38158_disassemble-binoculars.html
    Giimoozaabi