Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

NEED HOMOSASSA HELP

Could anyone give me the Homosassa marker#1 gps numbers, going to try and fish that area and want to know if the numbers are closer to Crystal River or Homosassa. Also where is a good area to sabiki some pinfish? You can post or PM me with any replies. Thanks in advance.

Gene

Replies

• SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,584 Captain
    #2 is sw of Homosassa, never seen 1. Need to know which one you are coming out of so someone can help you. I don't sabiki.
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,572 Captain
    Homosassa #2: N28°41.400' W082°48.700'

You can generally get pins right at the tripod of this marker unless somebody cleaned them out recently.

You can also chum them up with a punched out can of mackerel of fish flavored cat food over most of the grass flats in ~5 ft of water. You will need to bait your sabikis for pins.
  • thecompromisethecompromise Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    I'll just be coming out of the river heading west going offshore, and need the last marker for returning and determining how far my numbers are from that marker.
  • thecompromisethecompromise Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    Thanks Doc, about which marker can I go north or south safely to the grass flats? I usually tip my hooks with squid for pins.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,931 AG
    I'll just be coming out of the river heading west going offshore, and need the last marker for returning and determining how far my numbers are from that marker.
    Post your numbers and I'll help you..
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,572 Captain
    You can generally turn N or S at marker 10 unless the tide is low. You will always be safe turning at marker 4.
  • Almost PerfectAlmost Perfect Posts: 589 Officer
    I have a secret pin fish spot I'll share. Just look for a pontoon boat with a big shrimp on it around marker 24.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Contender 27 Cuddy
  • THINKICANTHINKICAN Homosassa, FLPosts: 564 Officer
    IF you head north from Mkr. #10, BE CAREFUL! There's a lower eating rock at 2844.700/8245.510 that can gobble up your lower unit in a heartbeat. Be prudent and wait till Marker #8 or #6. It's not that much further. Just my opinion, but coming in from way out you may want to head for Marker #4 instead of #2. You'll see #2 as you come in but you cannot see #4 from #2. At least I can't. JMHO! Good fishing to you.
    SO WHEN IS THIS "OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER" SUPPOSED TO KICK IN?
  • mburke001 aka TripleBmburke001 aka TripleB Posts: 1,469 Officer
    I'm relatively new to Homosassa, but be careful of the rock at 28 41570n82 51 620w: sw of #4 or 257 degrees for 5 miles you could see it on your chart plotter. I didn't hit it but passed by it.
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 2,044 Captain
    THINKICAN wrote: »
    IF you head north from Mkr. #10, BE CAREFUL! There's a lower eating rock at 2844.700/8245.510 that can gobble up your lower unit in a heartbeat. Be prudent and wait till Marker #8 or #6. It's not that much further. Just my opinion, but coming in from way out you may want to head for Marker #4 instead of #2. You'll see #2 as you come in but you cannot see #4 from #2. At least I can't. JMHO! Good fishing to you.
    Yeah, Dave, I've meet that one personally! Don't turn north. Go to marker4.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 2,193 Captain
    I have a secret pin fish spot I'll share. Just look for a pontoon boat with a big shrimp on it around marker 24.

LOL the ice cream bait spot.

There is also a rock just to the south of #10. H e l l there are rocks everywhere so just gotta pay attention. What kind of boat and draft?
  • VertigoVertigo Yankeetown, FLPosts: 617 Officer
    Go here: http://earthnc.com/online-nautical-charts

You can get Lat/Lon of any point plus a lot of helpful navigation features.