Fishing the Extreme Kayak tournament

I made the trip down to fish the Extreme Kayak Tournament this past weekend. The seas were calm but the current was ripping to the north at over 4mph. I managed to stay south of Pompano and landed a cuda and cero. I did not place but had fun.

Replies

• jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,318 Moderator
    Is that a new board Pete? I like the deck, is it sea-deck or something like that?
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • Dude-On-A-KayakDude-On-A-Kayak Posts: 256 Deckhand
    Nice video Pete. How are you getting such good audio? Are you using a GoPro with an external mic or a different camera all together?
  • JanosJanos Posts: 219 Officer
    You was the only person fishing on the paddle board I think and that is a nice board.
    2015 Hobie Outback.
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Yes, it is a new board. I still have the old board so I can take out friends, get them out of a kayak and into a fishing paddle craft. The deck is Ocean Grip. It is something like Sea Deck
    jcanracer wrote: »
    Is that a new board Pete? I like the deck, is it sea-deck or something like that?
    It is a Kodak SP1, It shoots full 1080 HD and is waterproof to 32 feet and will shoot 14MP stills. It has great sound for a underwater camera and does very well when in low light as the sun starts to come up. I use this camera 90% of the time and at under $199.00 it is hard to beat for fishing videos. I use the GoPro for the underwater shots.
    Nice video Pete. How are you getting such good audio? Are you using a GoPro with an external mic or a different camera all together?
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,761 Captain
    It is a Kodak SP1, It shoots full 1080 HD and is waterproof to 32 feet and will shoot 14MP stills. It has great sound for a underwater camera and does very well when in low light as the sun starts to come up. I use this camera 90% of the time and at under $199.00 it is hard to beat for fishing videos. I use the GoPro for the underwater shots.

That is a great value....gopro's are way over rated. Nice Video, Thanks.
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    Awesome video as always Pete. It still amazes me how you keep up with all of the kayaks OFFSHORE in a SUP!....Have you fallen off offshore yet?
    No I have not but I have seen a few kayaks roll over when I am on my board. I am a 2 foot or less guy. If the seas are up, I am inshore chasing snook.
    Awesome video as always Pete. It still amazes me how you keep up with all of the kayaks OFFSHORE in a SUP!....Have you fallen off offshore yet?
  • Landshark LarryLandshark Larry Posts: 39 Deckhand
    Great video. Like that mackerel.
  • inshore daveinshore dave Posts: 547 Officer
    Great video Pete. Thanks for sharing.
    2014 Hobie PA14-Dune