8/22/15 Flamingo, Everglades National Park

ProduktProdukt Posts: 592 Officer
Went to Flamingo with my buddy to catch my first Florida redfish. This was my third time at the park, I had been previously to fish offshore and another time where we almost got skunked except one slot snook. Today went much better. Finally got my first Florida redfish and my first redfish from the kayak. I caught 2 redfish, 1 mangrove snapper and two jack crevalles, my buddy caught 1 juvenile tarpon, 6 redfish, and a handful of mangrove snapper. Caught on zoom flukes in pearl and white and some other similar looking lure, I forget the name. Pics below and see the video HERE!

BEj3OQB.jpg

Nk0DatC.jpg

qKGOwt3.jpg

2SxcVKL.jpg

BXqpdyW.jpg

Replies

• Billy9871Billy9871 Posts: 116 Officer
    Great report!!! Have been wanting to take the kayak there. I always go with my buddy and a canoe!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • pond725pond725 Posts: 33 Greenhorn
    nice job, water is nice clear for a change.
  • JanosJanos Posts: 219 Officer
    Nice pictures and video.Water looks super calm and congrats to your first Red fish.
    2015 Hobie Outback.
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Great looking water and nice red.
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,543 Captain
    Well done !!
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,324 Moderator
    nice fish!
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • JoeBCJoeBC Posts: 608 Officer
    Good stuff, had similar results Sunday(1/6 tarpon 2/3 reds), park is really heating up.
  • bugdocbugdoc Posts: 421 Officer
    Gotta love Flamingo when it's flat with clear water. Nice report.
    bugdoc

Southeast Florida kayak launch sites at http://www.floridakayaksites.info
  • inshore daveinshore dave Posts: 551 Officer
    Nice pics and video. Flamingo is on the list to hit up this fall with the PA.
    2014 Hobie PA14-Dune
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,788 Captain
    Nice report and photos, congrats on your first redfish, still on my bucket list.
  • ProduktProdukt Posts: 592 Officer
    Nice report and photos, congrats on your first redfish, still on my bucket list.

I've actually caught redfish before but only on my annual fall trip to South Carolina where we catch bulls on the beach. I had never caught one in Florida until I purposely sought after them by heading out of Palm Beach or Broward. Went to Sebastian once without any luck and twice before to Flamingo.
  • timmcollinstimmcollins Posts: 838 Officer
    Nice pics and video. Flamingo is on the list to hit up this fall with the PA.

Same here
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"
  • crackedconchcrackedconch Posts: 377 Deckhand
    Congratulations!!:beer I've never fished Flamingo. I hope to fish it this winter.

Mike
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!!

Pioneer 197 Sportfish
    Suzuki DF150
  • Hobie AnglerHobie Angler Posts: 326 Deckhand
    Excellent report. Great pictures of the zone. Thank you for sharing.
  • RizanglerRizangler Posts: 148 Deckhand
    Nice little video.
    20' Blue Wave
    12' Hobie Outback
    13' Native Slayer Propel