Weekend weather Oct 15-16

I'm getting alot of mixed forecasts for this coming weekend. I'm trying to decide if I want to hunt the bow opener or fish. If its going to be windy I'm going to hunt. But I really want to go offshore before it gets to cold.
Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.

Replies

• Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,146 Admiral
    Either way it would be better doing the other. sayin
  • Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    I'm fishing regardless of the weather. Imitching for another sail or a tarpon.
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
  • BeckBeck Posts: 2,332 Captain
    Saturday looks pretty good. I thought about dragging the boat down to fish Saturday, but that 6 MPG in the truck kills me!
  • KayakMacGyverKayakMacGyver Posts: 1,001 Officer
    Looks a little too 'iffy' to me. Forecast has been bouncing around so much the last couple of days, I don't trust it. I have a feeling that rough stuff is going to carry into 2-3's into the early part of next week.

So, where does bow season open up this weekend? Imagine I'll go hang stands this weekend and do a little bit more last minute scouting. I'm PUMPED for season
    They Can't Us "You Should Have Been There Yesterday"...........Because We Were!
  • Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    Al opener is Saturday. I am going to try and go offshore Saturday morning but if that doesn't work out I will be headed to the river to cut shooting lanes. I have high expectations for a couple of decent 8's I let walk last year.
    Beck wrote: »
    , but that 6 MPG in the truck kills me!

icon_eek-1.gif

That would suck! I complain for getting 11 mph and I live 3 blocks from the ramp. :grin
    Beck wrote: »
    6 MPG in the truck kills me!

I think my boat does better than that.
  • SEACHASER111SEACHASER111 Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    I feel your pain I get 7 miles to gallon from atlanta if I don't bring boat 17.that said will be down 22nd for week at 7 miles to gallon.
  • BeckBeck Posts: 2,332 Captain
    Our Nissan Armada gets around 11 pulling the boat but my Chevy gets around 7.......that sucks! It's around 350 miles round trip from central Georgia. I should just leave the boat at the house but I can never bring myself to do it......I am a freak about keeping it clean!

.....and Split, my boat gets better than my truck too!
  • ericjeeperericjeeper Posts: 69 Deckhand
    Well boys next weekend I will be toting my boat from central Indiana, But I do get almost 14mpg towing it..