LET'S GO SLI 8/19/15 BAKERS DOZEN DOLPHIN

Day starts out good with a 5:45 AM arrival of Luis, Mike and Jim we quickly loaded the boat with the necessary rods reels ice etc. and headed towards the inlet quick trip to the inlet and we find that it is not as calm as we had anticipated. Slightly choppy seas and cloudy skies we made our way to Bullshark and did not find the abundance of bait that we did in the past several trips.

After a short while of trying to round up our live bait Dave (Negotiator) Arrives on the Site to Catch Is Bait for His for Trip. After about 30 minutes we were able to head East in search of our elusive weeds, in about 800 feet we were able to find something interesting enough to deploy our trolling baits. It's not long and Luis hooks into a slinger dolphin.

We catch two or three more and work for some time and it was either quiet or the bells are ringing as we ended up with a Baker's dozen of decent size dolphin. They are not all that big but they are easy to clean and very tasty, we threw back several that did not meet the size limit and hopefully the next trip out they will still be around and have grown considerably and put up a lot more fight.

For some reason I have not been doing the the amount of videos as I had in the past I'm not sure if I have lost interest in it for the fact that whatever we would get a get we would have two or three on at the same time and I would be grabbing for active Rod and being pushed out of the way by our on board game hog Luis.

I did snap some pictures one of Dave (A.K.A. Sail King) at BS and Another One of the Catch for Today Complements of Luis.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
BONES AND BOOMER. :dog :dog LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"

Replies

• Osprey45Osprey45 FT Pierce/ Boonton Twp NJPosts: 990 Officer
    :thumbsup
  • LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,040 Captain
    Long when you read, please change DOXEN TO DOZEN thanks

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"
  • Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 769 Officer
    Great report as always and interesting touch to the pictures. Did you ever locate bait? They were elusive Tuesday night but we did find them at BS, they kept moving and so did we due to the fast current.
  • ControlledChaosControlledChaos Posts: 697 Officer
    Good job guys. The phons have been hit really good or complete wiff for us the past month of palm beach. Way to out some meat in the boat.
    Captain for Controlled Chaos Fishing Team
    Previous forum name jfenn10
    Check us out on Facebook @ https://m.facebook.com/ControlledChaosFishingCharter?ref=bookmarks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johnalkijohnalki Posts: 503 Officer
    Thanks for the report Bo and nice job on the photo's.IT looks like old school catching in Florida.
  • JerryBJerryB Posts: 189 Officer
    Good job Bo.

Why don't you fix the video camera to the top of the boat like Checked Out does?:huh
    :applause[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:hungry
  • Captain DaveCaptain Dave Posts: 3,383 Captain
    Nice going on your day Bo. We were trying to call you in on the sailfish bite but you were clearly too far offshore out of range. Just as well since your crew were meat fisherman. Thanks for that info and the great photo.
    72262-albums10528-picture94957.jpg

Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !
    www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

Search for homes on any mobile device with my FREE MLS SEARCH App !
    http://app.kw.com/KW2GYNJDM
  • Kevinwwings2Kevinwwings2 Posts: 1,268 Officer
    Nice job Bo. Always good to set a goal and accomplish it.
  • M T PocketsM T Pockets Posts: 551 Officer
    Way to go Bo and crew!!!
    Thanks for having me over for the debriefing and some tasty fish!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  • footanklegfootankleg Posts: 512 Officer
    Nice going on the phins. It's def been a bumpier August than usual.
    Cobia 296 F300s J & B
    Hewes 18' RF Y130 Flatfoot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,875 Captain
    Thanks again Bo for yet another great day on the water.
  • LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,040 Captain
    Osprey45 We hope to keep on a roll.

Long thanks for the correction!

Aquaholic IV I appreciate your comment, and the bait was at BS but with the current and waves it was hard to stay on them. You are right on your comment.

Jefen10 I very much agree that the fins have been hard to locate, we burned 53 gallons of fuel and ran at least 70 miles.Cost per LB is high!

johnlki John good to hear from you I have to admit that Luis took the fish pictures and photoshop them THANKS LUIS!

JerryB Yea, I need to something.

Captin Dave Dave good talking to you and thanks for the photo. Yes my team wanted MEAT

Kevanwwings2 Some times it takes a lot of RESOLVE!

M T Pockets Tom you are welcome all the time.

footankleg Yes you need to go deep and keep looking.

JIMinPB Jim we had a good time and cough some fish.

• Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Way to go Bo and crew. A good time and plenty of eats for all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • captaintjcaptaintj Posts: 443 Deckhand
    nice job, like the cool pics
    IoT-All thing connected
    GPS Tracking Solutions
    Affordable Fishing Panama, Panama