Cobra Marauder Advice.....?

Any own one or have any opinion on the kayak? I am looking for a little advice because i am considering purchasing a used one. Thanks for any help

Replies

• BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,196 Officer
    Cobra hasn't made kayaks in the US in ten years so its old and prone to cracking. It also two big and heavy.
  • krashkrash Posts: 659 Officer
    Not sure I agree about the old, heavy, big analysis.. personally never owned one but I've had several kayaks and all were purchased used, rode hard, and put away (outside in the Florida Sun) wet...

It all depends on the condition.. a used kayak is as good as a new one after a couple uses, if you don't scuff or scratch it up it ain't being used right.

If is been left neglected in the all day sun, is scratched badly, and really faded.. beware, unless the price is right.

That kayak is 14' 1" long and 30.7" wide, and only 52 pounds... great paddling size as old school kayaks go, research and find some older reviews and reports on the net. In todays market you simply don't find kayaks 14' x 30" x 52 pounds available. Its not the kind of kayak you see on the market today that many consider fishing platforms, does not have a lawn chair type seat, is not super wide like a dock that you can instantly stand on, and does not have all the extra widgets that many seem to think you need to fish.. but many a person has caught many a fish sitting in old school kayaks.

Product-Fishing-Kayaks-Marauder-600x489.jpg
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    With all that rocker it looks like an open water boat.
    cuda-title2_zpsb81e4f1d.jpg
    greggl wrote: »
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
    nuevowavo wrote:
    Think you're pretty clever? Think again. Time for a break.
    :rotflmao
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,196 Officer
    I was one of Cobras largest dealers back in the day. There plastic is very thin and didn't hold up well after being in the sun for years many developed cracks. They are also a bit tippy for a beginner although experienced guys probably wont have a problem.
  • crackedconchcrackedconch Posts: 380 Deckhand
    I have a used Cobra Fish-n-Dive I bought a couple of years ago and love it! It's real stable, a little heavy, and the plastic isn't thin at all. I've drill into the plastic and added things to it and have had no trouble with it cracking. In fact, I don't baby things that I own. Ride it hard and put it away wet. My wife has a Mainstream and that that thing has some thin plastic. I looked up the Cobra website and they're still in business in California with dealers all over. There are a few of them here in Florida, not many though.

Just my .02,
    Mike
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!!

Pioneer 197 Sportfish
    Suzuki DF150
  • millerboysmillerboys Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    I have an old cobra fish dive also. It's a great boat. Wider than the one you looking at. I think it's better than a lot of the stuff out there. Not fast. But durable no doubt. The thin plastic comments do not apply to my cobra..