PCB freshwater launch

I am looking for a freshwater boat ramp near PCB so I can back my boat in and rinse the trailer and flush the engine. I have heard about guys doing this. Is this a recommended thing to do? if so where is the closest? Thanks

Replies

• Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,172 Admiral
    For me it's more about the trailer but if you must there is always Lake Powell.
  • Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    Lake powell is salty. Depends where you are located. You have deer point and lake martin in town. If you are on the beach you have lullwater.
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    he said PCB. Now Powell may have some salt towards the mouth but the ramp is fresh.
    **** is Lullwater.?
    Split Shot wrote: »
    **** is Lullwater.?

Hahaha....Lullwater is the only freshwater body of water I know of on the Beach that can fit a boat. Its right behind Dusty's near Pier Park.

I have wakeboarded all over Lake Powell it all tasted salty to me.
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    The rains will effect it and the fresh is mostly on the north side where the bass fishing is. Scratch LP.

I've used the Martin Lake ramp but it was getting real bad last time I dropped there off of Cherry St.
    I have heard that but never checked it out.

I use to use Lake Martin all the time when I moved in town but you are correct about the ramp. If you had a anything over 18ft or were washing down a CC it would be a little sketchy.

The ramp at Lullwater was in pretty good shape and it is probably 8 ft or so all around the ramp.
  • ericjeeperericjeeper Posts: 69 Deckhand
    Red Fish wrote: »
    I have heard that but never checked it out.

I use to use Lake Martin all the time when I moved in town but you are correct about the ramp. If you had a anything over 18ft or were washing down a CC it would be a little sketchy.

The ramp at Lullwater was in pretty good shape and it is probably 8 ft or so all around the ramp.
    I google earthed the lullwater lake. but I can not locate the ramp. Which side of the lake is it on? Thanks for all the advice given.
    It is a little difficult to find. If you are driving west on Front Beach Rd. you will turn right on the road just before you pull into Dusty's parking lot. You will then take an immediate left as the road "y's". You will see the ramp at the end of the road.

Sorry, I don't know the name of any of the roads. I think the road off of Front Beach is Lullwater Cir or Dr.

Hope this helps.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Why not use a water hose??
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • ericjeeperericjeeper Posts: 69 Deckhand
    I figure by backing the trailer down into fresh water, that will do a better job of flushing out the inside of the brake drums.By starting the engine it will do a better job of flushing everything. Plus staying at a condo, not sure of the facilities there for rinsing everything off in their parking lot.
    Car wash is what I use when I fish out of town/state.