Golden Tiles closing Aug11th

Just four more days, guess I'll drop tomorrow!

Replies

• CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,319 Officer
    Of course they had to let it run longer this year and make sure that according to their crystal ball "Reports indicate that landings have exceeded the 2015 annual catch limit for the recreational sector for golden tilefish."

That way they can justify punishing us with less fish or days next year.

Some of these "career fisheries managers" at NOAA need to go. We need term limits or something. There is no accountability to the public for them, yet they love to use that term all the time.

Only a TV weatherman could be wrong as often as they are and still collect a paycheck, simply disgusting.

I say......I say son.......new & improved my tail feathers.

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,811 Captain
    Good luck Ron, the current has been smoking lately. We were going to DD Thursday after Crawfishing but it was 3 knots in less than 600'.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• drgibbydrgibby Posts: 1,233 Officer
    Of course they had to let it run longer this year and make sure that according to their crystal ball "Reports indicate that landings have exceeded the 2015 annual catch limit for the recreational sector for golden tilefish."

That way they can justify punishing us with less fish or days next year.

Some of these "career fisheries managers" at NOAA need to go. We need term limits or something. There is no accountability to the public for them, yet they love to use that term all the time.

Only a TV weatherman could be wrong as often as they are and still collect a paycheck, simply disgusting.

Could not agree more.
  • Could not get a hit on the GT's but found the biggest Rosies I have ever caught. And yes current was rediculous!
  • Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,813 Admin
    Could not get a hit on the GT's but found the biggest Rosies I have ever caught. And yes current was rediculous!

Not bad with a ripping current. We have not targeted tiles in our local waters for a couple years. 600-650' out of Canaveral puts you in YFT waters and that usually gets the popular vote. With recreational fishing , fish stocks manage themselves. Just sayin.
    Mark Wilson
    AF1.124213220_sq_thumb_s.jpg