FPI 7/31 Late report

Deceided to sneak out for half-a-day between storms and try our luck on Tilefish. It took us a while to find a hungry colony, but worth the effort. Ended up with my first double header and our limit of five.
Be thankful for what you have, things change fast. Www.brookestrong.org

Replies

• Osprey45Osprey45 FT Pierce/ Boonton Twp NJPosts: 990 Officer
    :thumbsup
  • jokerj280jokerj280 Posts: 195 Officer
    Good eats there!! We tried DD for the past 2 weekends but the current was too much 5+ kts, plus the s/sw wind...no bueno.
    28' BW Conquest, For Sale!!

23' Hydra Sport W/A...."Rough Sundays"..SOLD!
  • fishslayer12fishslayer12 Posts: 334 Officer
    how deep?
    nice catch..
    If the fish aren't bitin', I jump in and shoot them....
    www.UrgentCareChiropractic.com
    The Treasure Coast's Hometown Chiropractors ! Dr. Schoch, and Urgent Care Chiropractic....We've got your back 772-343-8511 !
    Christmas06andMISC-GOTHRU2191-1.jpg 2b84e6de-1.jpg 1310476142-1.jpg 1316642336-1.jpg
  • catch'emallcatch'emall Posts: 78 Greenhorn
    I had problems with the current last two trips in the April/May range. This trip it wasn't bad and felt typical. I kept it in gear heading 210-220 degrees. This kept my movement north about 3 knots or less. No bumping in and out of gear though. I also fished with 8 pounds of lead. It was a lot of work to keep the bait near the bottom, but it has to be there. My friend fishing the second rid with 7 pounds didn't have as much success. Some was probably technique, but some of it was probably the lighter weight. Depth varied but between 625 and 675'.

Love to eat them. By far my favorite fish.
    Be thankful for what you have, things change fast. Www.brookestrong.org
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,348 Admiral
    Very nice!
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    I gotta try GT one of these days! Thanks for the report.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public