raymarine dragonfly 4???

Have anyone had or have this unit? Anything good or bad to say about it? I'm thinking of getting one!!!

Thanks Ricky!

Replies

• drod13drod13 Posts: 259 Officer
    I have the 4. Very easy to use out of the box. I used it the first time and it worked flawlessly. Second i lost depth reading. Tried resetting with no luck. Raymarine has it now under repair. Bought the unit in may. Probably just my luck to get the bad one but it left a bitter taste in my mouth being it was only my second time using it.
    2013 OK Trident 13/2015 Hobie Outback :fishing jig.gif
  • RickysreefRickysreef Posts: 394 Officer
    Wow man that really sucks only the second time out,I that is what I like about it its very easy to use,thank u!
    No problem, I will tell you more about it Sunday.:wink
    Ok buddy thanks!
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,330 Moderator
    drod13 wrote: »
    No problem, I will tell you more about it Sunday.:wink
    you guys went out? how was the weather?
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
    I have the 4. Very easy to use out of the box. I used it the first time and it worked flawlessly. Second i lost depth reading. Tried resetting with no luck. Raymarine has it now under repair. Bought the unit in may. Probably just my luck to get the bad one but it left a bitter taste in my mouth being it was only my second time using it.
    ok, I guess I better stick with my lowrance then... still ticking after 3 rollovers (knocks on wood)
    jcanracer wrote: »
    you guys went out? how was the weather?

It was a bit sporty out there. We did a drift from Dania to Anglins. Hard to jig due to fast drift. All 12 of us had a great time though.
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,793 Captain
    ok, I guess I better stick with my lowrance then... still ticking after 3 rollovers (knocks on wood)

3 rolls and still ticking....that a good track record for lowrance. Ive done a roll with a lowrance and 2 with the dragonfly, none had immediate failures, but the DF has had a variety of problems since then.
    3 rolls and still ticking....that a good track record for lowrance. Ive done a roll with a lowrance and 2 with the dragonfly, none had immediate failures, but the DF has had a variety of problems since then.
    The pre-DSI/chirp model is the one I have, and I sealed the optional port at the back. I wish I had sealed the mapcard slot too, because that is now too corroded to be useful. The basic GPS and Fishfinder options still work though.
    It was nice to.meet new people ! I count 16 kayaks never seen so many people on kayaks ready to fish,I catch 2 huge bonitos and a 29" amberjack!
    It was a bit sporty out there. We did a drift from Dania to Anglins. Hard to jig due to fast drift. All 12 of us had a great time though.
  • Lilmatty5dimesLilmatty5dimes Posts: 46 Deckhand
    The pre-DSI/chirp model is the one I have, and I sealed the optional port at the back. I wish I had sealed the mapcard slot too, because that is now too corroded to be useful. The basic GPS and Fishfinder options still work though.
    if you guys had a chance to buy a new finder would you go back with the lowrance? i'm in the market for one and still debating and get choice which one to get. thanks
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"
    Me 2 not sure what to do!